Author Topic: Bank a ball - The WHAT HAVE I DONE? stage  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bank a ball - The WHAT HAVE I DONE? stage
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »
Just a quick update on this restore.
Ive been flipping from one machine to the next and concentrating on rebuilding the mechanics in the header for this game> ive gone as far as i can with the mechanics and can go no further till my armatures are CNC routed.
So its time to start putting some of the artwork back onto the PF. This is done one colour at a time, with a minimum of 24hrs between colours to allow the paints to fully cure.
I started with the main colour on this - the yellow.
What you saw in the previous pictures is nothing like the original yellow, underneath the ball guide rails was a very vibrant and bright yellow, not the mustardy colour it had turned to.
It was this original colour that i decided to match. Now my original intention was not to do a major restore on this, but more of a touch up. problem with this though is that the yellow was  different shades throughout the PF, so what shade do i choose?
Only choice is to restore to original throughout.
Its hard to imagine, but when you see a 40 year old pin, its nicely yellowed etc and has that warmth about it. But when these games came out they would have been as bright as possible to attract players. This machine will now be going back to that same vibrancy of 43 years ago.

Anyway - enough waffle, heres the yellow restored after a nights work. This also means though that i now have to redo every other colour, but i guess itll keep the thread going for a bit!