Author Topic: BALLY STRIKES AND SPARE RESTORE (Real time restore)  (Read 3900 times)

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Yeah I'm the same.  %.%

I just removed the lift channel from my strikes and spares backglass.
I reckon it's the scariest thing I've ever done. Came off ok though, no damage to the glass.
I have no idea what or where I'm measuring to order the correct size lift channel.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Sorry mate no luck finding the Receipt but i know that i needed the larger size if your ordering it from the guy i got mine just let him know what game and he will know the size   he was great ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well i finally pulled my finger out and put the correct bumper bodies on and installed the new bumper caps looks so much better with bumper caps ill get a photo tomorrow

Offline ktmrex

• Forum Posts:
Well i finally pulled my finger out and put the correct bumper bodies on and installed the new bumper caps looks so much better with bumper caps ill get a photo tomorrow

How many hours have you put into this to date - looks great

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I dont really keep track of time sadly im not that organised but id say ive spent atleast 30 - 40 hours so far with many more to go i still have to replace every lamp socket under the playfield and in the backbox and rebuild all the mechs under the playfield and in the cabinet.   Still lots of puffing to go all the mechs under the playfield will be stripped cleaned then polished up on the buff before receiveing new coil sleeves and most likely plungers and links

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
The pictures have tapered off too. Due to politicians' knack for flapping gums and doing nothing, you know we consider anything you say a lie until we see pictures. I"m just sayin'... ()
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well took a little longer for the photos but here they are finally got the correct bumper bodies so i was fina;lly able to add the new bumper caps.   

i also bought an Altek driverboard so now all board except the rectifier board are altek but he rectifier board has been rebuilt so i decided against wasting money on the altek

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

That's the first machine I've seen with all the replacement boards installed. I'm thinking of doing the same and replacing all the displays on a couple of restores "down the track".

How does the game play, Daniel ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Game plays well Nino  but with out all the pins and inserts working makes it a bit of a challenge.    Was thinking about doing the displays aswell but since they are all bright with o burn ill leave them as is.

I didnt need the lamp driver or solonoid board both mine were working but what the hell should be very reliable  (i hope)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: BALLY STRIKES AND SPARE RESTORE (Real time restore)
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »
Well i bit the bullet and purchased a set of rottendog displays i was ordering a set for firepower so i figured id save on postage.  Very happy with the purchase look real enough for me.

I ve also replaced all the globe sockets under the playfield so atleast now i know what pis i need to hit

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
Very nice to see such a nice Bally getting a great restore. Thanks for sharing the progress. ^^^