Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 1488 times)

Offline jed21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
Re: Hey all
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »
Hey there, any 24hr ride/race is a massive effort, well done!!! For the Jukes when using a touch screen Party Time is hard to beat and easy to use and for a juke with buttons im only just working that out now. As far as a project goes it sounds like you need to built a MAME cab and run Game EX as the front end. I has Jukebox software built in and also other media players, mine hooks to my wireless network and does internet radio as well and thats cool.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »
Welcome, Jared!

I was a bit the same. Hanging around in the local arcades in the era of the DMD machines. Pinball was a secondary interest for me back then. I'd play a few games of the flashy pinball machines while I waited for a go on Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat. Today I'm a pin addicted. 3 machines and want more more more!!! Have a cocktail cabinet with a 48 in 1 board in it currently that will need some tinkering with in the new year.

Absolutely love your arcade cabinets and jukeboxes. Do you sell them? Would be nice to have a cabinet that was playable, then switched over to jukebox when not in gaming use.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline jed21

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
I have thought about selling them but not sure if many would sell, the only hard part of the process is having the equipment needed and room to cut the cabs out, I was working in car audio when I built the Juke cabs and I only have 2 more bare cabs left. Im looking into building my Jukeboxes for hire at the moment im just working out what format is better, not sure if touch screen or buttons is better then I have also found it hard to find the software needed as the software needs to track the number of times each song is played so royalties can be paid to APRA and all that sort of fun stuff lol

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
hehe and here was me thinking they were just a cabinet with an itunes style setup. Sounds impressive!

Maybe I should look into getting some woodwork skills in the new year. Those cabinets deinitely look the goods.

Offline jed21

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »
lol thanks, the woodworking on these isnt to bad if you have the room and the right tools. I made them a particular size so I could cut them easy with little waste so for about $100 and an the better part of the day you can end up with 3 cabs but as I was saying thats when I had the room and tools, It would be much harder now unless im really nice to the right people lol.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »
Hi Jared and welcome aboard.

I like the look of your cabs as well.  Whereabouts are you located?
Addicted to pins.

Offline jed21

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
Im in Bendigo

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
Hi Jared

Nice job on the cabs

what software do you run on the touchscreen jukebox ?

Offline jed21

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
Hey Chad, on the touch I like Party Time, nice and reliable and best thing is its simple to use making it great for parties.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
 $.$ Jarod &  %)% cool cabinets, enjoy your time here at AP.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline HOW

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 06:23:51 AM »
Hi there Jared,

I'm another newbie - from over the ditch.

Also into MTB - recreationally no racing, and a fan of retro gaming/MAME.

Not got a real pin OR a MAME cab...as yet . . .
Love the look of your BurgerTime MAME cab - as someone else said v.clean.

Andy