Author Topic: Importing BK2000 back glass & decals  (Read 669 times)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Re: Importing BK2000 back glass & decals
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »
Viewing pins as an investment probably isn't such a good idea.

I have several machines in my collection that I couldn't recoup my investment in, but when they are favorites, having that new backglass may make sense in your heart, but not on paper.

I personally love BK2K and hope to have a really nice one someday. I'd pay the $$ for the glass!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 03:13:32 AM »
I am not buying this pin as investment. I want this pin to look 100% because I love this pin.
If I had bought a different bk2000 it would have cost me more.
I look at it this way if I can make a pin a 9.5 to 10 out of 10 for a cheaper price or the same price  that i can buy an 8 to 8.5 out of 10 then I am in front.

I collect & restore pins as a hobbie. hobbies cost money.
if i was interested in remote control cars as a hobbie or marine fish tanks as a hobbie (like a lot of people) I could spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on that hobbie. all it would take is one crash (with cars) or a 24 hour power outage (with a fish tank) then my money is gone so i then have to go and spend all that money again to enjoy my hobbie again. with the same risks as i had.

in most cases if i restore a pin and sell i make a profit or break even. again it does not worry me as i have had fun with my hobbie.
if for some emergency i need money i can always sell a pin and get some or most of my money back

long live the hobbie of pinball  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 06:24:42 AM »
good call beaky ^^^ that's the way i see it too,half of my pin's have payed for them selves, eg amount of games played(at $1 a game) and i still have a pin to sell at the end of the day,i had gas powered r/c trucks and that was an expensive hobbie fuel/time/parts ect fuel was $25 ltr= half an hour running time, :D

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:23 AM »
$400 for a reproduction backglass including shipping to Australia is a great price....once the glass is landed and in your game I'm sure you be happy with your purchase.

I have had 5 reproduction glasses shipped in from the US and stoked with everyone  *%*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
Go for it and buy it-you won't regret it once it's installed, I know from experience.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »
If this machine is your "Holy Grail", then money is no object. $400 landed is peanuts compared to the US$600 I was quoted for importing a GTB Spirit backglass.

If it is a keeper - or Holy Grail Pinball - you gotta do what you've gotta do !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Another thing is once all those glasses for BK2000 are sold there will be a slim chance that they will do another run in the near future

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
Mate, paying close to $400 US dollars for a backglass incl shipping seems too bloody expensive for my taste, on principal alone.
I am sure there is a translite repro like all the new translites out there for around $100 US plus perhaps $35 shipping.

* I shall try n pull a rabbit outta my hat and speak to two people i know, One in the USA i met on a forum who sourced my Viper Glow balls and another guy I know in Europe. $400 is too much Beaky.lets see what the other guys come up with.I shall look for a rabbit and a hat to help out too.

Dude, it's a mirrored backglass, not a crappy translite.  $400 shipped is pretty good actually.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
thanks for the support guys.
I will buy it within the next 2 months.
I will post pics of the new back glass when i get it.
and a restore thread on the whole pin.
but i won't restore the pin for a few months, i have 2 in line before it + i wont want to stop playing it.
I will be paying for the pin tomorrow so it will then go on my owners list.
as i have said in another pist i have been wanting one of these for 20 years but the last 2 months has felt like forever (its been 2 months since mark.c said i have one coming in my next container and no one else has claimed it.)
Then I will have to wait 3 or 4 days fo it to get to brisbane (which will feel like 3 to 4 weeks).
I don't even know if it powers up but if it doesn't I have a spare set of System 11b boards which i can use to get it running while i repair the boards that came with it.
I bought it as an "as is" pin
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »
cool beaky,

all good things come to those who wait  #*#

Let me know when I can come over and test it out :lol
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
Good work Beaky well worth every cent for your holy grail pin ive already spent more money on new parts for strikes and spares than its worth but its a keeper so its worth it