Author Topic: WHERE TO BUY BACKGLASS'S FROM ?  (Read 727 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: WHERE TO BUY BACKGLASS'S FROM ?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 03:43:24 AM »
Hey guys.

Don't worry - wrong glass!  :lol
?????  !@#
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:19:52 AM »
Only experience I've had is getting one from Mayfair ( Nino posted the link in an earlier post ) . They have a lot more glasses than they list on their site so it pays to ask .

As for postage to Australia I'm not sure if they do or not . I was lucky enough when I got mine to have it sent to Illinois Pinball and a local Aussie dealer shipped it over for me ..  ^^^

I did the same. Packaging from Mayfair was excellent. The process ended up taking 6 months but the end result was exceptional.

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 11:12:02 PM »
Yeah, Steve from Mayfair won't post overseas but his packing is excellent.
So if you find a good freight forwarder you're laughing.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »
WHY THESE BLOKES WONT SEND OVERSEAS IS BEYOND ME.

IF ITS PAID FOR, ITS PAID FOR.
IF ITS INSURED, IT AINT THEIR PROBLEM.

SOME YANKS JUST THINK WE ARE LOWLY FOREIGNERS I FEEL SOMETIMES.  !@#

it dont make sense to me.  :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:24:47 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 04:22:43 AM »
WHY THESE BLOKES WONT SEND OVERSEAS IS BEYOND ME.

IF ITS PAID FOR, ITS PAID FOR.
IF ITS INSURED, IT AINT THEIR PROBLEM.

THE YANKS JUST THINK OF ALL OF US AS LOWLY FOREIGNERS I THINK SOMETIMES.  !@#

it dont make sense to me.  :D
there are some yanks that think the english are FOREIGNERS. But where did the first non native Americans come from? and were did the first non native aussies come from? It doesen't take a rocket scientist to answer that question. :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline joydivision

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
I used this company http://www.priceusa.com.au/  to buy & send me some screws - No problems at all and their commission is quite reasonable.
Waiting on a tax refund then I will get them to organise a backglass from USA (Supplier wont ship overseas)

dodgy link - doesn't work for me, sorry.....

Thanks for mentioning priceusa.com.au, tried them and they are great to deal with. 
I had them ship a backglass from the US. It was an ebay purchase.

How it worked in my case was I  filled in the online order form on the priceusa.com.au site, included the ebay link (backglass had a buy it now price) ,  Deposited the estimated total amount including shipping into their account. They used their ebay contact in the US to purchase the backglass and have it shipped to their US address and then sent it to me. It`s so easy. If it had been sold before their agent bidded, my money would have been refunded with a small fee.

They do make a bit on the exchange rate, but overall their fees are reasonable, in my case, the box was larger than i thought so it cost more than I estimated (which was calculated by weight only, not volume), fair enough. I chose the FedEx option as opposed to USPS/Aus post as the price was similar. The box arrived without even a mark, vey happy highly recommend.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 07:12:16 AM »
Sounds like the way to go, as i mentioned,no hassles at all with this company,good communication and everything went smoothly.
I am after a Sweethearts BG and at the moment only 1 supplier in US has it, freight $350.
Do you mind letting me know what the freight cost was ? and how the packaging was ?
Thanks Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline joydivision

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
The total shipping cost was US$228.00. Their was US$55.00 to ship from the US seller to their US agent, then US$173.00 to ship from US to Australia via FedEx.

Backglass was packed in bubble wrap with flexible tube styrofoam bent around each corner, then the whole box lined with regular foam, very well packed, box was much larger than glass, creating a good buffer between the box and the glass. I was lucky as this was a ebay seller, could have easily been badly packed.

The weight was 3.2.kg. The dimensions were 90cm H  15cm D 79cm H. The high cost was largly due to volume, if the carton was smaller at 3.2ks it would have been much cheaper. At least this gives you an idea of the higher end of the shipping might be.

Also I opted for insurance against damage in transit as well.

Offline Gordo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »
Hi,

I bought a backglass from Ron and Nancy Webb for my Sweet Hearts machine a few years back. It is wonderful, perfect in every way. They do a really good job but (I think) they only do Gottlieb's. 

The postage was fine and the glass was really well packed.

Earlier this year I made enquiries about another backglass and the postage had gone through the roof. I think in the end the glass and postage ended up aboput $650!!

I don't know what has changed. Hopefully someone in Australia might start making repo's.

Gordo......

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »
Looks like this is the cheapest way to go - Ron & Nancy Webb charge $250 for the glass and free freight within Cont.USA + freight to Aust. Approx $173 ,Total $423us. Sounds better than $600us.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Gordo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
Hi Millsy,

I would be interested to see how this works out for you. Can you keep us informed?

The Sweet Hearts backglass from the Webb's is great, you won't be disappointed.

Gordo....