Author Topic: Pinball sales in general, what about mine AFM  (Read 1901 times)

Offline bossgp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Pinball sales in general, what about mine AFM
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
What's happening out there fellow forum members, I spent a year of my life in my spare time restoring AFM and now it's for sale there is little or no interest, was asking $7800, then $7250 finally $6500 but where are the buyers ?
I have had dreamers - "love to buy it man but I don't have the coin, any chance of paying it off" ?? as if "NOT"
wife stories - yeah great machine mate but the wife said she will leave if I buy it, "ok help her bloody pack then is my answer", what is happening when a man can't buy what he wants ??
To be honest I am pretty disapointed that nobody has snapped it up, at the current price I am asking you could not buy another all done up like this.
So there must be someone out there who wants one and has the cash to back up what they want ... is there, if you know anyone tell them please.
Thanks sorry to rant so much.
 ^&^

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Pinball sales in general, what about mine AFM
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
Bad time of year I think

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
When I saw it at $6,500 I had an urge to buy it just because it was bloody good value for this title. Can't see the need for two and I have more games than space and a couple more coming, but geez, despite the time of year I would have thought it would have gone the moment it went sub 7K which made it great value.

It really has to be the time of year, coupled with some weakness in overall demand. At least I think that's it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »
Bad time of year I think

Exactly. Been following this trend for years now. What happens is simple - People need cash for Christmas presents, so the first thing that goes is "luxury" items. Kids don't play the pinnies anymore etc etc. So HEAPS of cheap pins flood eBay etc, driving the prices down. Dealers do well as the impulse buyers want the pin "now", and they usually buy when they are in the showroom. Once the private pins are sold, then there is extra funding around Christmas which goes into buying presents. Some people have money as their gift, so STRAIGHT after Christmas, there's money to spend on pinballs that are not "Christmas presents".

I usually target this time of year to pick up the "under the radar" pin. There's plenty that have gone already !

Your AFM is worth what you are asking.. .. .. but "not" at this time of year.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:56 PM »
Sorry, but for myself, I am finding it harder and harder to justify spending over five grand on a game
I get just as much fun out of a lesser title as I do out of an ‘A’ Lister

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »
Sorry, but for myself, I am finding it harder and harder to justify spending over five grand on a game
I get just as much fun out of a lesser title as I do out of an ‘A’ Lister

I agree with that to an extent, but top of the line games are that for a reason, they do have something special to offer. Having said that, my most played game at the moment is the game that cost me less than any other game I own, go figure!

I'm sure the AFM would be gone in a moment at the right time, just seems now is not that.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:57:20 PM »
Selling just before christmas is the problem - lots of bargains on ebay atm as nobody has any money

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
Don't forgot "interest rate fears". I don't watch pinball prices but was amazed what people will pay for a house when rates are low. Problem is they can go up, and luxury items like FOOD become a problem let alone pinballs. I'm pissed because I've seen some fantastic prices for pins recently but have held off due to building a house (for the first time) and am trying to make sure I cover all incidentals to avoid a mortgage full stop.

Good luck with the sale but maybe look at keeping for it for a while longer and enjoy it a bit more.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Its the general market... everything is down at the moment - ask any retail, they will tell you that its bloody slow!

Govt made it harder to borrow money not long back.. they are going to make it even harder in Jan. This means LESS money going round because you cant borrow that money to buy this car and that etc... you HAVE to find it or go without.... When money aint that free, expensive toys tend to go on the backburner. Im sure the game will sell.. there are those that still have plenty of expendable cash... You are finding that your market shrunk dramatically and pins wont walk themselves out of the door anymore.

Harder to buy means harder to sell... quite simple

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
Just keep lowering your reserve...though, i still don't think anyone here would buy it @ $6k.

SC.
SC.

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »
How low can a guy go ? ?  at $6500 that's about my lowest price, if it sells it sells, otherwise I'm putting it out on site to earn some cash or taking it home.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
As someone said, it is very difficult justifying spending 6 grand or more on one title when you can pick up 2 or 3 great titles for the same money.

A collector who wants your title may fork out 5000 or 5500 in this slow market. Sometimes taking a bit less $ for it than what it may be really worth is better in the long run as u get to move on with cash in hand and get stuck into the next thing that the 5500 cash will help u out with.

Let a serious ebay auction run its course with a opening bid of say 4500 and see where it gets to. But wait until the 24th jan to even consider moving the machine on when all the xmas stuff has died down.

do not put it onsite, it will hurt future sales enquiries, and some idiot may damage the high end title. all ya hard work will then be for nothing.
just the words "on site" will lessen the value by a few grand i reckon.

it will sell after xmas.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 07:34:11 AM »
Ok thank you, I won't put it out on site then. Promise ^^^
However in looking through the comments of other forum members I'll sum it up to say just this
had so much interest from all over Australia, many offers of $6000 and thank you but trouble is I can't pack it,lift it ,pallet it or deliver it.
I just had another stent put in my heart a few weeks back, having trouble even doing my work and I can't risk it bleeding, leading to death.
So just for the record if you $6000 guys get a little Christmas money then come back to me because you already know my reserve price I want for it.
I'll be around all Christmas as our company does not take a break until Jan 18th, please organise for some people to lift it or pick it up with you.
Cash is always welcome. Interstate people feel like a road trip take a drive to rainy Queensland and collect this yourself.
Best of luck everyone and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »
Boss mate,

If you really need to sell this machine and have offers interstate, then sell it!
 I can wrap the machine for you.. i have a ton of edge protectors and several rolls of shrink wrap... more than happy to come to you and help you out.
If i can get a mate to lend a hand then i can have this on the back of my ute and delivered at a depot also... rain permitting that is.
Thats what this forum is for mate... just holler and people will help out.

Sell it Boss.... the rest can be done for you..

... Happy Xmas  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 10:35:18 AM »

There's some real Christmas Spirit for you - Nice gesture, Gav !

Boss mate,

If you really need to sell this machine and have offers interstate, then sell it!
 I can wrap the machine for you.. i have a ton of edge protectors and several rolls of shrink wrap... more than happy to come to you and help you out.
If i can get a mate to lend a hand then i can have this on the back of my ute and delivered at a depot also... rain permitting that is.
Thats what this forum is for mate... just holler and people will help out.

Sell it Boss.... the rest can be done for you..

... Happy Xmas  ^^^ ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia