Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128429 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #375 on: May 24, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »

We need more videos to move on from this disaster  #@#

you are over reacting
you play the playfield, not the topper, not the side armor

it is about the playfield and the backglass (and the music)

KISS is a great machine, Stern have done well

You and gorgar will get a kick out of owning and playing this machine

I stand by my comments, and speaking to a couple of LE buyers today, we all feel the same.

The playfield is simply awesome, and backglass is excellent, and the music can be replaced with the original recordings. so I'm VERY VERY happy with what I'm buying. That's not my gripe.
My problem is that the entire functionality of the topper is what should be INCLUDED with the Premium or at least the LE.

Thankfully the "topper" is an optional "extra". It looks crap. In fact, if the topper was supplied for free, the first thing I'd do (before replacing the cover band recordings) is to remove the topper and .. most likely give it away.

Agree with Gorgar and PBPete on this one.

$399 USA is not expensive for the factory Stern topper.
I doubt AMD will charge much for postage when they get them in.

Gorgar is correct, everyone else sells shitty Perspex toppers for the same price and they are not code enhanced or compatible.

I can't undetstand Nino why you don't like it ?
It's KISS in capital letters, the name of the band and the exact same font the band has always used.
Don't be too hasty to make your mind up on this because when it gets here and u see it fully functional, u might change your mind completely. Never say never in pinball.

I can't possibly see what else Stern could have done for a topper except stayed true to the iconic KISS letters and it will please most I would think. Judge it in person I reckon.

Also, you can change the bulbs to any colour u want I believe.
Imagine it any many different colours.
I will buy one for sure.

US$400 + Shipping + 20% mark up from AMD. It will cost around AUS$700. To put THAT into context - The original Bally KISS PINBALL would have been cheaper - AND - The strobing KISS logo was included as part of the game !!

I wonder if others have picked up on the red trim being leftovers from the AC/DC Luci ?

Like I said before - it is only a topper - no one is forced to buy it. There are literally hundreds of better and cheaper options. I'll be looking at whoever creates a mod that will incorporate the strobing effect into the LE backglass - as Swinks has mentioned.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia