Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18098 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Since you edited your post after I went to bed and I don't have the luxury like our resident number one Stern fan of sitting up all night I'll simply add that those early machines which Bumper got were prototypes with early proto code (Pinballheaven in the UK received some as well as their UK distro as per the video below with an upload date of March 29,2013) and as such are not fully representative of the final product.

After watching the gameplay below at the time I was sorely tempted to ditch my order but held on until the production units started making an appearance the following month in the US (from memory it was a half truck delivery but a delivery nonetheless) in conjunction with the fact that there was so much else about the machine to that point which JJP had released that that was sufficient to convince me to stick it out.

My question to you is, particularly given the established comparable timeframes now is where is the motivation and incentive for you to do the same with the current "manufacturer" if all you are getting to date is vague allusions to a mostly designed playfield (which you haven't seen), one side of a backbox in gif format and some bags of generic parts and manufacturer stamped coils?

By this point JJP had released video of actual working game models of the spinning house, the witch, the flying monkey mech, the tree pop bumpers et al not to mention the cabinet and playfield art. For a TAG machine that is supposed to be "toy heavy" and was going to go all out on that fact where are those pics and video to motivate and incentivise both new and existing buyers? Oh right its all hush hush non disclosure licensing issues, just like the designer.