Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18150 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I hear ya.
I hear ya.

Don't know much about the balls but that's what happens when you try to do something brand new, you stumble like a toddler walking. The pinball industry should have stuck to the balls they made for Viper Night Drivin made by Sega in 98/99. They don't rust, they still stick to magnets and coating them in different colours of rubber would be more appealing & easier on any play field than shitty rusty pinballs that have the clock ticking from day one cause wood, metal & metal don't make a good threesome.

I say fark the metal silver balls off and do glow ball style pinballs like my Viper Night Drivin has.
Lighter & faster & kind to everything they touch.
I quick wipe with some tisdues or a baby bum wipe & they are clean in 5 seconds.

Did the ball failure get fixed ?
I never heard what the problem was or what it supposedly did or didn't do ?
I know someone will educate me please on the ball failure or issues ?

Basically that they stuck together due to get magnetised and one Aussie had them in a few games and they started to flake metal flakes throughout the game - with the risk or damaging the playfield.

apparently some places are still selling regardless of being retracted from being for sale and they are on AA and aware of the issues.

Homepin sent a message to dealers to not sell anymore but it was only shared on Aussie Arcade and no other forum as all hush hush - go figure. So now he only goes to AA and bailed on AP and pretty much Pinside because he hates the US - not the best marketing plan. So now he currently does not sell the balls, imagine the baby steps with a full pinball - he needs to hire someone to look after manufacturing issues and the public relations.

As for the glow balls there are new types of glow balls but not the cheapest and they chip.

I have enquired with a US company and they claim they can make ceramic covered pin balls and also add multiple colours but the minimum runs are too much at $15 a ball but they reckon they would last 10x longer than a regular steel ball and cause less scratch damage to a playfield.

The original rubber coated balls from Sega days have not been copied successfully because my two sets of original balls do not break down or chip etc etc and they are bulletproof.
$15 a ball is too expensive of course but to be honest, if it costs $60 to mod a game with balls that glow in the dark properly like my Viper Balls and they are just as awesome, a few machines here & there at $60 for the balls required total would be OK for a few machines only until someone can copy successfully what Sega did some 17 years ago.

It cost be $800 to buy a original set of four glow in the dark pinballs on a ebay auction 4 plus years ago because 20 people from many countries were bidding & the guy selling was the original designer of the game & he had 1 x set only in his office desk & he knew no one on the planet had any.
The real Viper car club on the USA had a Viper Night Drivin pinball machine at their car worship clubhouse & the machine did not have the glow balls in it.
All the members of the club chipped in & were bidding against me so the prices went high but I knew many people had offered the original designer $500 plus dollars for the balls privately & he said NO, it will sell higher on a E Bay auction & he was correct.

There were 20 plus bidders from several countries so it was expected.
I was rich at the time & wanted the set badly so I happily paid.
He wouldn't send them overseas & only to a USA address so I had him send them to a trusted pinball designer at Stern, then that designer happily sent them on to me out here cause he was on the original design team of Viper & he put me onto the seller who he designed with.

I got the balls & am still happy to have a NOS set of glow balls spare.
I have tested them in many pinballs & they are just excellent.

So when I think about the new ones which I have tried, and they didn't glow for me, or weigh the same as the original balls, I now know the original sets from 99 are better.

But someone should do something about the balls cause steel balls are just a play field killer.
Maybe Mike will release new ones to fix the issue. Time will tell.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
You have a "unique" sense of humour.

The whole post from beginning to end sounds more like self serving delusion than anything else in order to overcompensate for getting schooled about the exact origins of the repro ramps.

No doubt he has been sitting up there alone in Beenleigh stewing over it for the last week and trying to formulate a cogent rebuttal.

Yet another public fail.  %.%

I'm confused.....is it all good fun til someone gets shot in the foot or is everything a personal attack these days?
Political correctness sucks!

Haven't got time to hang around for the Administrative outcome since I am packing my REAL camper trailer right now (no fire engine red paint job or matching red rims required which would be absurd in an offroad environment anyway) for a trip away for the Easter break, but given the lack of action previously I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers and have a good Easter break lads.  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

I think so Gav.
I think we all do.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

The whole post from beginning to end sounds more like self serving delusion than anything else in order to overcompensate for getting schooled about the exact origins of the repro ramps.

No doubt he has been sitting up there alone in Beenleigh stewing over it for the last week and trying to formulate a cogent rebuttal.

Yet another public fail.  %.%

I'm confused.....is it all good fun til someone gets shot in the foot or is everything a personal attack these days?
Political correctness sucks!

Haven't got time to hang around for the Administrative outcome since I am packing my REAL camper trailer right now (no fire engine red paint job or matching red rims required which would be absurd in an offroad environment anyway) for a trip away for the Easter break, but given the lack of action previously I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers and have a good Easter lads.  ^^^

Ohhh, you got all serious on me darling.
Have you been reading my FBook page again & looking for my address & have you been asking my X what colour cars I have or haven't got.
And who said you take a very unhealthy interest in my personal life !

I haven't stewed on anything sweetie, I have been having fun travelling.
Your travelling now too ! Isn't that nice.

And did you buy your camper trailer from the same place I posted on MY Facebook page, and the colour of the rims etc etc, when you were having that very healthy study of my FBook pages again.

You really like following me around the entire internet don't you !
And who said you weren't a normal balanced person !
I just can't imagine who ?  #*#

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I am travelling down to the bottle shop after lunch to grab a carton of Coopers Pale Ale.
 #*#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
facebook is for delusional retards who are trying to overcompensate for their real life failures by presenting a sanitised and exaggerated version of their ideal life to their "friends".

No there is more than enough "gold" on AP to mine via self serving posts that never actually materialise.... *%*

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=14197.0

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Just read a little of the link and for the life of me I could hear the voice of Mrs Bucket ringing through every word. Sorry for my weird sense of humour but does anyone else get this sensation?  ^&^ 
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Just read a little of the link and for the life of me I could hear the voice of Mrs Bucket ringing through every word. Sorry for my weird sense of humour but does anyone else get this sensation?  ^&^  

I think it's just you mate.
Being close to Pinsanity & kissing his ass causes your reaction I am thinking.
But I could be wrong.

I will log back in apx ten years from now & wonder why I ever bothered with the forum.
Being rid of the stalker will make leaving worth every peaceful moment.

I guess you guys will get to monitor just how long he stays fixated on another members personal life.

I just hope that the stalker doesn't contact your family like a sick person would only do !

I will just stay reading pinside cause Stalking another member and contacting other people's families on that site isn't tolerated.  Perhaps I missed the reason why 90 percent of the forum has left this site so long ago.
99 percent of the members have gone.

That's probably why 99 percent of the people I have stayed in contact with don't log in here or post anymore.
You are welcome to the stalker. Just let your families know Pinsanity the creep is watching their every internet move.
enjoy !
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:06:10 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Just read a little of the link and for the life of me I could hear the voice of Mrs Bucket ringing through every word. Sorry for my weird sense of humour but does anyone else get this sensation?  ^&^  

But I could be wrong.

I will log back in apx ten years from now & wonder why I ever bothered with the forum.

I guess you guys will get to monitor just how long he stays fixated on another members personal life.

I just hope that the stalker doesn't contact your family like a sick person would only do !

I will just stay reading pinside cause Stalking another member and contacting other people's families on that site isn't tolerated.  Perhaps I missed the reason why 90 percent of the forum has left this site so long ago.

That's probably why 99 percent of the people I have stayed in contact with don't log in here or post anymore.
You are welcome to the stalker. Just let your families know Pinsanity the creep is watching their every internet move.
enjoy !
sorry mate but I didn't read all this, but I have no idea who pinsanity is, what he does, where he lives and what he likes. I am sure there are many things I disagree with what he says or does as with you. And I appreciate others will think that of me. I commented purely because it was peaceful for a few days and then BAMMM come Good Friday war hits. WTF Please explain why you did what you did. I didn't take it as a joke.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Btw I started today feeling fine and dandy and now my blood is boiling mods. I spoke to you guys and nothing. I will go as mental as this guy if pushed on this forum if things don't get better.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

snip..

As a moderator of this forum, I find this alarming. Please PM Nick and / or myself the members that you are referring to.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

But I could be wrong.

If you don't like what he post then put him on ignore

Oh that's right, you don't take advice, even if every member of the forum gives you the same advice

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

But I took your photo to the shooting range in Illinois, and I didn't miss you ! (Boom boom - another awesome joke - lol)

You should be banned for that comment
I would take that as a threat to another member

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I'll put it out there to the masses, but I did lodge a complaint with mods a week or two ago just because I could see others including myself getting frustrated as good threads keep heading the same way. I don't ignore the guys who fight as they sometimes make good, valid points or start great threads, so by ignoring, I can miss a good read.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I'll put it out there to the masses, but I did lodge a complaint with mods a week or two ago just because I could see others including myself getting frustrated as good threads keep heading the same way. I don't ignore the guys who fight as they sometimes make good, valid points or start great threads, so by ignoring, I can miss a good read.

totally agree, it's good friday lets have one and have some good chats and things were going nicely for a little while
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts