Author Topic: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's  (Read 53771 times)

Offline Dann36

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
Here is an idea for a high end mod for a real ac/dc lover who is dedicated.

Not sure if it is possible but could be awesome for the Pro owners, what if you purchased while available a AC/DC Premium playfield from AMD for around the $600 then merge all the fittings etc from the Pro playfield to the Premium but then get someone like Dan who is doing the Creature lcd mod, do a lcd for the see through section of the Premium playfield and then have concert footage showing etc. Could make a Premium guy want a Pro.....

Now who would take the big step and you also get to keep a Pro playfield on the wall as a backup or decoration.

with the picture imagine the bottom playfield being a lcd with concert songs or fire footage or cannons shooting or trains  smokin by, or even a blast of smoke when you shoot the cannon

Already have something like this on the go, not for the playfield though but to replace the plastic with the band on it, top right. It was put on the backburner when i started the creature LCD.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:42:28 AM by Dann36 »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »
Here is an idea for a high end mod for a real ac/dc lover who is dedicated.

Not sure if it is possible but could be awesome for the Pro owners, what if you purchased while available a AC/DC Premium playfield from AMD for around the $600 then merge all the fittings etc from the Pro playfield to the Premium but then get someone like Dan who is doing the Creature lcd mod, do a lcd for the see through section of the Premium playfield and then have concert footage showing etc. Could make a Premium guy want a Pro.....

Now who would take the big step and you also get to keep a Pro playfield on the wall as a backup or decoration.

with the picture imagine the bottom playfield being a lcd with concert songs or fire footage or cannons shooting or trains  smokin by, or even a blast of smoke when you shoot the cannon

Already have something like this on the go, not for the playfield though but to replace the plastic with the band on it, top right. It was put on the backburner when i started the creature LCD.

Awesome anymore info?

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »
Yeah Cavey I thought you were kidding but there was a touch of you might just do it.  But if a kitchen mob was going to do it and I use to make cnc's for the kitchen mobs, they only have clearance for about 100-150mm and the playfield would have to be rock solid fastened down and getting your heights perfect for the recessed edge would be dam hard so I believe the playfield would have to be stripped underneath and stripped on top as the router has a dust catcher on it and it would foul with surrounding components or if no dust catcher you would have dust in all your light sockets and mechs in the end a little more for a new playfield.

But in the end this was just a crazy idea, for someone that wanted to be unique and who was cashed up.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
It may not be too crazy at all Swinksy. Your ideas may still have some merit with a few adjustments.lol

The answer is to cut the shape of the Angus face out to the exact shape of the LE clear Angus window, with the playfield out of the machine, still populated onto a playfield rotisserie. There is nothing underneath in the way, and nothing on top really in the way either, if smaller tools are used. (IF)

Just find someone who is extremely skilled at woddworking, who can do things n perform miracles with hand tools/hand power tools/steady hand etc etc etc, therefore saving money, not having to buy a LE/Premium playfield, and save massive amounts of labour.
Therefore, for the cost of the playfield window, and someone who has woodworking skills, plus the DVD LCD screen/power supply, it is very achievable.
Getting the right wood working person is the key I believe. ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 12:34:27 AM »
Well my toy cannon finally arrived today from China aka Pandatakeawhile  :D

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
Got mine a while ago but not sure if i'll change it!

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
If u dont like it, change it back, but once u do it, u might just think its cool enough to leave. ?

On a ACDC Back in Black, I would be painting the cannon mostly chrome colour with a few black accents, just to be different ??

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »
For those about to rock FIRE!!!!!

I'm changing mine, doing what Gibo in WA has done.

Will post pics when cannon is modded.

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
If u dont like it, change it back, but once u do it, u might just think its cool enough to leave. ?

On a ACDC Back in Black, I would be painting the cannon mostly chrome colour with a few black accents, just to be different ??

I've heard on the LEs the paint comes off the canon plastic when removed like it did with TNT detonator plastic so I'm worried about removing it :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »
Plastic is cheap to rebuy, but even so, if the paint comes off, it would be under warranty. U have nothing to lose i reckon.....

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
Here's some pics of my Lazeriffic mods  ()

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »
They look great love the lightning bolts nice mod :-)

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »
They all look good, but the winner for me is the drum mod.

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »

I've heard on the LEs the paint comes off the canon plastic when removed like it did with TNT detonator plastic so I'm worried about removing it :-)

Peter
[/quote]

Got my platic cover off without any problems - no paint loss. Cannon fitted easy after the hacksaw job. Just had trouble finding a longer screw and spacer to attach it with - Bunnings sold out of that particular size only! (4x 15 mm by the way).

now on and excellent. Looks like it belongs, and easier to aim. Well worth the $9.
now for the code upgrade....

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »

Peter

Got my platic cover off without any problems - no paint loss. Cannon fitted easy after the hacksaw job. Just had trouble finding a longer screw and spacer to attach it with - Bunnings sold out of that particular size only! (4x 15 mm by the way).

now on and excellent. Looks like it belongs, and easier to aim. Well worth the $9.
now for the code upgrade....
[/quote]

Cool ta ill have to pull it apart and work out how to cut it up lol also did you line the canon up with the bracket to drill the hole in the canon.

Peter