Author Topic: New AC/DC code out V1.63  (Read 3199 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: New AC/DC code out V1.63
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
So acdc gets lots of updates but x-men is left in the corner it seems.
Looks like only games with lyman and ritchie at the helm get the full treatment, everything else just gets pushed to the side. The TF code promised at xmas did not even arrive and the x-men code update was a huge pile of dog shit.
Great news for accadcca fans on another good code update for sure but Stern has more games to tidy up code wise than just this.
WTG Stern, more proof that this company is one big bad joke.

Feel sorry for John Borg, he designed a great table with X-Men, but has been let down on the programming side. Hopefully the next code update does this game justice. Stern are aware of the probems with the code and the various suggestions made to improve it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:15:20 PM by tonyt »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
X Men had alot more time spent on it by John Borg and was released with much more codework done compared to AC/DC.
It doesnt mean X Men has to get code added just because AC/DC has code added.

The last X Men code update was fine...what was the problem with that code work ?

Why not email and cc AMD and email Stern and ask John Borg/Jody Dakenberg politely about the X Men code and if it is due/required/the situation.
Thats the best way otherwise its all guesswork. You might be pleasantly surprised at the professional and polite response. Emailing Stern has always worked for me and I have always had great communication with them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:16:18 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »
Looks like only games with lyman and ritchie at the helm get the full treatment, everything else just gets pushed to the side. The TF code promised at xmas did not even arrive and the x-men code update was a huge pile of dog shit.
Great news for accadcca fans on another good code update for sure but Stern has more games to tidy up code wise than just this.

Feel sorry for John Borg, he designed a great table with X-Men, but has been let down on the programming side. Hopefully the next code update does this game justice.

There is nothing wrong with the X Men code IMO. The original code was excellent, and the update code was great as well. What am i missing.
I found X Men to be very well set up and the code felt very finished and nothing stuck out as being short at all...

Any specifics as to what the problem with the code is ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

Feel sorry for John Borg, he designed a great table with X-Men, but has been let down on the programming side. Hopefully the next code update does this game justice. Stern are aware of the probems with the code and the various suggestions made to improve it.

I really hope so too, it is a great game with lots of potential but that last code update was so cluttered and uneven it was unbearable.
Fingers crossed the next update is better.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »
New acdc March run February run sold out very fast they can't make enough unbelievable really so there looking after the code probably due to the amount of games out there.

Peter

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
More pics from this morning. Can't get near the machine because the kids love it. Great volume increase drives them away a little, but attracts the wife (not in a good way).

Came with 1.61 it seems, will do an upgrade.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Nice one do the update it has some nice changes, your get heaps of fun out of acdc

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 06:36:29 PM »
Looks like a new update coming and it has to do with being able to choose either live or radio tracks yee haa, Basically two different radio stations - hold the right flipper to start the regular songs, flip to change channels (songs) and hit the fire button to change to live music. The DMD shows a radio with changing channels.

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
Looks like a new update coming and it has to do with being able to choose either live or radio tracks yee haa, Basically two different radio stations - hold the right flipper to start the regular songs, flip to change channels (songs) and hit the fire button to change to live music. The DMD shows a radio with changing channels.

Peter

Hope the music quality does not change. I thought the extra RAM on ACDC was just enough for 12-14 songs.....maybe I am wrong. Whichever way, any code upgrade has so far turned up the "I like" factor. Oh well, have to get them grand champion scores again.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
hey, that radio station idea, and a radio on the dmd display sounds like a really cool idea for sure.  ^^^

something tells me a metallica pinny might also be worth looking at if it is spectacular....i mean, it would look good next to a acdc pro......dam stern, they are going to make me very broke if they keep putting out great machines.....i really want a star trek machine, but if this new music pinny is good, i might sell a few machines to buy another stern BNIB......we need lotto.lol  %.%

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
hey, that radio station idea, and a radio on the dmd display sounds like a really cool idea for sure.  ^^^

something tells me a metallica pinny might also be worth looking at if it is spectacular....i mean, it would look good next to a acdc pro......dam stern, they are going to make me very broke if they keep putting out great machines.....i really want a star trek machine, but if this new music pinny is good, i might sell a few machines to buy another stern BNIB......we need lotto.lol  %.%

I'm with you, Brett. Will need to generate cash for Metallica if it's good....and I didn't even get an Avengers. Don't know how you do it!

As for selling a machine, they're not selling for as much as they used to at the moment, so may have to sell a few!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 09:33:20 PM »
I am the biggest scrooge known to man.lol  When i go shopping I am the blue n white homebrand king cause its the same stuff in a cheaper packet.lol, when i get petrol I find the cheapest and use a shopper docket from Woollies n get the 8 cents a litre off, and i rarely drink, never smoke, never gamble, and never use credit unless I absolutely have to. I am the the worlds biggest penny pincher.lol   I have a saying my family has heard a million times, "I dont mind spending money (like a pinball machine) but I hate wasting money (crap from shopping centres or the markets etc etc)". The occasional pizza or chineese takeaway is fine, i am not that tight.lol

I am the worlds best budgetter. I am sure there are many people on here who are similar. Money is just too hard to earn to waste it.lol

If that doesnt work, I rob the occassional bank.lol  %.% %.%

I wonder if Stern will get stuck with lots of AC/DC stock when Metallica comes out.

P.S - Gary Stern is still tighter than me.lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:36:15 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »
I doubt that Stern will get stuck with ACDC. Reading other forums, there are lots of firm orders still waiting for delivery in USA and it sounds like it is more popular there now than during early release.
Just finished watching "ACDC Live at River Plate", how good is that!
All 12 songs on Stern pinball are played out of a total of 19 songs. Judging by the popularity of the boys in Argentina, any pinnies that Stern have left over can be easily sold to the South American public.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »
Every run stern does of acdc they get sold before the runs finished, will Matalica sell like acdc?? I hope it does for sterns sake gee it's happy days for stern hey?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
The titles come out so fast from Stern, that the average pinball collector cant save the money quick enough to be able to buy one quick enough after forking out for the last title.

But one good thing is, that Stern seems to keep its production runs longer these days so it seems that increases the chance of getting a title later if u havent quite got the money ready yet.

The other way to get around it, is to give AMD a deposit, and just pay the machine off over a period, therefore locking a title in unless u chose credit etc.  So many choices with Stern now, its just brilliant.