Author Topic: ACDC Pro price check  (Read 3505 times)

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
ACDC Pro price check
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »
Hi all

I have a friend who knows nothing about pinball but is interested in an ACDC machine and he has asked me what one might cost.
As I have no idea, what do you guys think is a price range for an ACDC pro in reasonable working condition?

Thanks Dan

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
Machine brand new with delivery & shaker motor fitted was just under 7 grand for those who paid up front in full to take advantage of the then AMD Super Container deal.

That price was based on $6100 to $6300 min price plus delivery plus shaker motor & fitting. This was when the Aussie dollar was at its BEST.

So if new was 7 grand, you have to go from there.
If the machine was still being made today it would be apx $8400 delivered with shaker etc.

I have a mint ACDC Pro with less than 300 games HUO.
I wouldn't sell it unless I got something between $4500 min to say $5250 because a lot of them have been sited and you really want a one owner game with low plays that is minty like new.

Most Stern machines do hold their resale values rather well.
People are paying similar $ for 1990,s DMD titles so I think the $4500 upwards figure wouldn't be hard to achieve for the best of the best ACDC Pro example.

See what others think. Good luck with your hunt.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »
I'm surprised at two things, 1. The $4500 price, imo maybe a bit low and 2. CoT only racking up 300 games. I would have thought this calibre of game would hold a person's attention for many hours given the deep rule set. I'm not having a go, just genuinely surprised especially from a stern fan.

I'm guessing I would rack up that many games in a couple of weeks on any of my purchases just in trying to get the wizard modes an the novelty of a new game.

At $4500 and 300 games you'd be ripping yourself off, I think??

Dunno what Peter's clocked up but I'm betting heaps more
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:31:38 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:54 PM »
Agreed Rob Brett's selling way to cheap. Two reasons low plays and ACDC ain't made anymore-it's amazing how hard they are to find considering how many where made just a great title.  Mines played thousands of games and it still plays like I bought it out the box today.

Good luck with your search.

Offline Macca101010

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
I'd love to pick up one of these as well.  If anyone has a good one let me know.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 01:20:41 AM »
I'm surprised at two things, 1. The $4500 price, imo maybe a bit low and 2. CoT only racking up 300 games. I would have thought this calibre of game would hold a person's attention for many hours given the deep rule set. I'm not having a go, just genuinely surprised especially from a stern fan.

I'm guessing I would rack up that many games in a couple of weeks on any of my purchases just in trying to get the wizard modes an the novelty of a new game.

I came in at the lowest amount because I thought the Stern badgers would give me hell for pricing it higher. Lol

I wouldn't sell mine anyway at any price because it's as close to BNIB as you are going to get, and I have the box. Lol

The reason it only has less than 300 games is that I have 55 pins in total and each gets a few games only every now & again. In fact, 200 of the 300 games on the ACDC Pro were put onto the game in one day by a dozen kids I let play it for a charity fundraiser. The other 100 games at 3 balls have been put on by me over about 4 years.

Most of my BNIB Stern games are all less than 100 or 200 plays.
It's like sleeping with the worlds best looking lady, you don't have to flog it day in & day out to realise the fun & quality. Lol

I have had a few people SMS me & ask me if I would sell my ACDC but the answer is its a forever keeper.
The translite has been signed by Steve Ritchie as well as the cabinet & spare translite and the game has every mod you could buy for it incl a $500 LCD topper. If I was ever broke & had to sell the game, it would be hard to sell it & would prob want $5500 or a bit more but would regret selling it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:22:49 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »
So maybe anywhere from $4500 to $5500 for a basic un-modded pro machine?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 09:51:59 AM »

I came in at the lowest amount because I thought the Stern badgers would give me hell for pricing it higher. Lol

I wouldn't sell mine anyway at any price because it's as close to BNIB as you are going to get, and I have the box. Lol

The reason it only has less than 300 games is that I have 55 pins in total and each gets a few games only every now & again. In fact, 200 of the 300 games on the ACDC Pro were put onto the game in one day by a dozen kids I let play it for a charity fundraiser. The other 100 games at 3 balls have been put on by me over about 4 years.

It's like sleeping with the worlds best looking lady, you don't have to flog it day in & day out to realise the fun & quality. Lol

I have had a few people SMS me & ask me if I would sell my ACDC but the answer is its a forever keeper.
The translite has been signed by Steve Ritchie as well as the cabinet & spare translite and the game has every mod you could buy for it incl a $500 LCD topper. If I was ever broke & had to sell the game, it would be hard to sell it & would prob want $5500 or a bit more but would regret selling it.

Don't worry about the Stern haters mate there gunna hate no matter what lol just jealous I'd say haha. Your games worth over 6k easily closer to 7k :) low plays and HUO.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Re: ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »

Don't worry about the Stern haters mate there gunna hate no matter what lol just jealous I'd say haha. Your games worth over 6k easily closer to 7k :) low plays and HUO.
Yeah, $4500 has been a figure thrown around on Aussie forums, but good luck to anyone getting an AC/DC Pro that cheap in any condition. If I was to ever sell mine with the leds, shaker and mods, I'd be asking Gorgar pricing. ;-)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 11:22:38 AM »

There aren't any Stern "haters" on this forum... I think youll find the same analytical level of criticism is given to all games whether they be from Stern.. Spooky... Heighway and if TAG ever eventuates then that too.
Given that the two of you ignore any member that says anything slightly critical of Stern and then unignore if they say something favourable, its fair to say you choose your own bubbles of reality to live in.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 11:24:12 AM »
Where is the 'like' button?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »

There aren't any Stern "haters" on this forum... I think youll find the same analytical level of criticism is given to all games whether they be from Stern.. Spooky... Heighway and if TAG ever eventuates then that too.
Given that the two of you ignore any member that says anything slightly critical of Stern and then unignore if they say something favourable, its fair to say you choose your own bubbles of reality to live in.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »
$4500 is way too low for a HUO 300 plays AC/DC Pro. I don't know the exact figure here, but if you are looking around - Try Joe at "Kids Just Wanna Have Fun". He has contacts all around Australia and would know the current market price very well. I have sent customers to Joe and all have ended up very happy (including me!).

I agree 100%.

I don't hink anyone deliberately HATES Stern. People find things they don't like and amplify it to bring their point across. I know I worked hard to push KISS Premiums / Pros and the criticism was code, price and clearcoat issues which are a discussion on all forums and amongst collectors. It IS frustrating and Stern themselves make it difficult to sell to newbies. No Stern bashing, just a "real world" observation based on real life experiences in the industry.

Best of luck with the search for the AC/DC.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »

Yeah, $4500 has been a figure thrown around on Aussie forums, but good luck to anyone getting an AC/DC Pro that cheap in any condition. If I was to ever sell mine with the leds, shaker and mods, I'd be asking Gorgar pricing. ;-)

Yeah don't get rid of yours Adam it's to nice :) by the way is my highest score still on it lol

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »
$4500 is way too low for a HUO 300 plays AC/DC Pro. I don't know the exact figure here, but if you are looking around - Try Joe at "Kids Just Wanna Have Fun". He has contacts all around Australia and would know the current market price very well. I have sent customers to Joe and all have ended up very happy (including me!).

Thanks for the thoughts guys. At least it gives me a ball park to let my mate know. Thanks Nino, I will put the above in my favourites for me in future!