Author Topic: ACDC Pro price check  (Read 3504 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Re: ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 03:54:37 PM »
I'm surprised at two things, 1. The $4500 price, imo maybe a bit low and 2. CoT only racking up 300 games. I would have thought this calibre of game would hold a person's attention for many hours given the deep rule set. I'm not having a go, just genuinely surprised especially from a stern fan.

I'm guessing I would rack up that many games in a couple of weeks on any of my purchases just in trying to get the wizard modes an the novelty of a new game.

At $4500 and 300 games you'd be ripping yourself off, I think??

Dunno what Peter's clocked up but I'm betting heaps more

I came in at the lowest amount because I thought the Stern badgers would give me hell for pricing it higher. Lol

I wouldn't sell mine anyway at any price because it's as close to BNIB as you are going to get, and I have the box. Lol

The reason it only has less than 300 games is that I have 55 pins in total and each gets a few games only every now & again. In fact, 200 of the 300 games on the ACDC Pro were put onto the game in one day by a dozen kids I let play it for a charity fundraiser. The other 100 games at 3 balls have been put on by me over about 4 years.

Most of my BNIB Stern games are all less than 100 or 200 plays.
It's like sleeping with the worlds best looking lady, you don't have to flog it day in & day out to realise the fun & quality. Lol

I have had a few people SMS me & ask me if I would sell my ACDC but the answer is its a forever keeper.
The translite has been signed by Steve Ritchie as well as the cabinet & spare translite and the game has every mod you could buy for it incl a $500 LCD topper. If I was ever broke & had to sell the game, it would be hard to sell it & would prob want $5500 or a bit more but would regret selling it.

Good luck with your search.

Don't worry about the Stern haters mate there gunna hate no matter what lol just jealous I'd say haha. Your games worth over 6k easily closer to 7k :) low plays and HUO.
Yeah, $4500 has been a figure thrown around on Aussie forums, but good luck to anyone getting an AC/DC Pro that cheap in any condition. If I was to ever sell mine with the leds, shaker and mods, I'd be asking Gorgar pricing. ;-)

Yeah don't get rid of yours Adam it's to nice :) by the way is my highest score still on it lol
Nah, it got wiped by "accident" when I did the Iron Man 2 mod. Now has Iron Man by Black Sabbath on it and Shoot to Thrill for something different.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Re: ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »
All of the long term collectors remember the original Aus RRP and backlash when it became apparent the Pro was missing a key playfield component from the Premium/LE versions.

You'll have to hook a new suckerfish (who isn't aware that Prem/LE's exist) to sell above that price.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:22:05 PM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
I'm surprised at two things, 1. The $4500 price, imo maybe a bit low and 2. CoT only racking up 300 games. I would have thought this calibre of game would hold a person's attention for many hours given the deep rule set. I'm not having a go, just genuinely surprised especially from a stern fan.

I'm guessing I would rack up that many games in a couple of weeks on any of my purchases just in trying to get the wizard modes an the novelty of a new game.

At $4500 and 300 games you'd be ripping yourself off, I think??

Dunno what Peter's clocked up but I'm betting heaps more

I came in at the lowest amount because I thought the Stern badgers would give me hell for pricing it higher. Lol

I wouldn't sell mine anyway at any price because it's as close to BNIB as you are going to get, and I have the box. Lol

The reason it only has less than 300 games is that I have 55 pins in total and each gets a few games only every now & again. In fact, 200 of the 300 games on the ACDC Pro were put onto the game in one day by a dozen kids I let play it for a charity fundraiser. The other 100 games at 3 balls have been put on by me over about 4 years.

Most of my BNIB Stern games are all less than 100 or 200 plays.
It's like sleeping with the worlds best looking lady, you don't have to flog it day in & day out to realise the fun & quality. Lol

I have had a few people SMS me & ask me if I would sell my ACDC but the answer is its a forever keeper.
The translite has been signed by Steve Ritchie as well as the cabinet & spare translite and the game has every mod you could buy for it incl a $500 LCD topper. If I was ever broke & had to sell the game, it would be hard to sell it & would prob want $5500 or a bit more but would regret selling it.

Good luck with your search.

Don't worry about the Stern haters mate there gunna hate no matter what lol just jealous I'd say haha. Your games worth over 6k easily closer to 7k :) low plays and HUO.
Yeah, $4500 has been a figure thrown around on Aussie forums, but good luck to anyone getting an AC/DC Pro that cheap in any condition. If I was to ever sell mine with the leds, shaker and mods, I'd be asking Gorgar pricing. ;-)

Yeah don't get rid of yours Adam it's to nice :) by the way is my highest score still on it lol
Nah, it got wiped by "accident" when I did the Iron Man 2 mod. Now has Iron Man by Black Sabbath on it and Shoot to Thrill for something different.

No worries :) next meet I'll have a go again and try for a highest score again lol

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »
$5k tops for a stock standard.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
Is that price HUO low plays or sited etc etc etc.
shaker or no shaker.

The Pro wasn't missing anything.
The Prem & LE had the Devils shape under playfield & different artwork but people paid apx 5 grand more for a LE & resale prices went well past original listed retail.
Securing a HUO LE will cost you a kidney if you can find someone willing to sell.

I think $4500 gets u a reasonable sited game in good condition as a starting price, with or without shaker would be hard to say.

Either way, anyone looking, don't give up & post a wanted add on the forums & ebay & gumtree etc cause karma always takes cares of those full of positivity.

There are no Stern bashers on here realistically, just those passionate and those not as passionate.
It's just like barracking for your footy team . It's all in fun with tounge in cheek.
No one is totally set on everything. Opinions ebb & flow which is normal & healthy.

Anyone know of any recent Pro or Prem or LE ACDC sales of late anywhere & condition.
Might help those looking to buy one !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:21:05 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
ACDC Pro price check
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 06:13:27 PM »
Is that price HUO low plays or sited etc etc etc.
shaker or no shaker.

The Pro wasn't missing anything.
The Prem & LE had the Devils shape under playfield & different artwork but people paid apx 5 grand more for a LE & resale prices went well past original listed retail.
Securing a HUO LE will cost you a kidney if you can find someone willing to sell.

I think $4500 gets u a reasonable sited game in good condition as a starting price, with or without shaker would be hard to say.

Either way, anyone looking, don't give up & post a wanted add on the forums & ebay & gumtree etc cause karma always takes cares of those full of positivity.

There are no Stern bashers on here realistically, just those passionate and those not as passionate.
It's just like barracking for your footy team . It's all in fun with tounge in cheek.
No one is totally set on everything. Opinions ebb & flow which is normal & healthy.

Anyone know of any recent Pro or Prem or LE ACDC sales of late anywhere & condition.
Might help those looking to buy one !

A friend of mine just sold an LE HUO for 11k stock standard-as I said earlier HUO pro 6.5k if you can find one.

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »
I sold a premium a month or so back for $6500. 220 games or so, still had the 1st code release

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re:
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 10:30:08 PM »
I sold a premium a month or so back for $6500. 220 games or so, still had the 1st code release

Gee I know a few peolpe in tears now to cheap *%* Why no code update lol

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »
It was what i bought it for with a couple of other machines, so shared the good deals!  The previous owner knew very little about them, hence no code update

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 11:37:35 PM »
+1 I actually dislike this game but know its probably because I don't understand it. So many people cannot be wrong. I'm sure I'd love it once played enough. I hated TZ prior to purchase.......dunno why I bought it but am glad I did.  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 12:33:30 AM »
Love this game. My first new in box and thought it was actually quite ground-breaking with 12 full music tracks to choose from. A first in pinball. I still haven't worked out the rules, but it always keeps me coming back for more.

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »
I still haven't worked out the rules

I hear you! Watched a few tutorials online and think I've got it. Head to time Zone for a game only to completely forget everything once I hit start.

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
Acdc has a brilliant ruleset. I was the same in that i didn't like it but bought an ltbr le and once learned, i absolutely love it. One  of my most played machines.

Wizard mode is achievable on a 3 ball game but you have to have a cracker of a game and a bit of luck! I have Encore mode lit....then choked on hitting the shot.

That's actually what i love about pinball - you know you can get there but sometimes the randomness beats you!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re:
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 11:35:08 AM »
Acdc has a brilliant ruleset. I was the same in that i didn't like it but bought an ltbr le and once learned, i absolutely love it. One  of my most played machines.

Wizard mode is achievable on a 3 ball game but you have to have a cracker of a game and a bit of luck! I have Encore mode lit....then choked on hitting the shot.

That's actually what i love about pinball - you know you can get there but sometimes the randomness beats you!
and the pressure
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »
Encore wizard mode is awesome  :)