Author Topic: Power Probelms  (Read 601 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Power Probelms
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
my bet would be the little 50 watt hot water system is on the same circuit as the rest of the garage which did not have an RCD when it was installed but over the years an RCD was installed without taking the hotwater system in to consideration thus it remaind on the same circuit with the rest of the garage.

i could be wrong but i have seen this happen once before.

I agree in getting a sparky to check it all out.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:31:49 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinballowner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Qld south of Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
Do you have a spa? Traced a friends problem to their spa once.

Offline thehaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Pennsylvania USA
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 02:46:40 AM »
Coming late to the party.  Your teminology is quite different from here so didn't quite catch all of it.

Just wanted to add the safety devices themselves can fail and do.  Circuit breakers can go partially bad as well as totally bad.  They can get wishy washy and trip at lower levels then they should. 

If you had something honestly taking out a breaker, and then removed/fixed the problem taking it out, it might have damaged the breaker, or just pushed it over the edge of age/use breakdown. 

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »
my bet would be the little 50 watt hot water system is on the same circuit as the rest of the garage which did not have an RCD when it was installed but over the years an RCD was installed without taking the hotwater system in to consideration thus it remaind on the same circuit with the rest of the garage.

i could be wrong but i have seen this happen once before.

I agree in getting a sparky to check it all out.

You are on the money Beaky! The wiring to the garage (including the little hot water system) goes back to the main house power board on one circuit. The sparky has made the necessary modifications. The hot water system is 10 years old and is slightly leaking so I will replace it.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
 glad you got it sorted  ^^^ : glad i was right  $#$
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)