Author Topic: Labor wins Government !  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Labor wins Government !
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 03:57:23 AM »
Oakeshott loves the soud of his own voice, doesn't he

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:17 AM »
"How bout we take a step back from labour bashing and take a good look at the situation."

I haven't seen any Labor bashing here at all ?? Most comments have been about how stuffed our voting system is.

Methinks you might be a little sensitive and biased towards Labor by that comment? Maybe it is you that needs to take a step back and look more widely at the situation instead of (by implication) "Coalition bashing"??
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »
Imagine how much it will cost in electricity to have a game on a pinball when these fools are finished.

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »
Imagine how much it will cost in electricity to have a game on a pinball when these fools are finished.

J.D.

Good point.  Labor and the greens together now that's going to cost us  *%*

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
Labor wins Government.

Actually , they didnt win at all.
They got 37.8% of the primary vote ( the LOWEST for ANY political party since WWII  - when Howard lost Government with aprimary vote of 42% last election it was acknowledged as a LANDSLIDE AGAINST the Coalition  - BUT 37.8% is somehow a victory - WTF ? )
They got LESS of thier own seats
They ended up BEHIND on 2 party preferred votes

How they  'won' I have no idea.

All I can say is lookout for the ETS & inheritance taxes boys  !!@
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:22:05 AM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »
Labor wins Government - I had to call the thread something.lol

It doesnt matter whether you vote Labor or Liberal now guys. The fact is Ms Gillard now runs the country.

As i said before, lets all hope she does a great job for the sake of our pockets.

p.s - if she puts the price of electricity up again, we shld all ask her partners, the greens, for solar panels for our pinball machines. I now live in a modern house like its the blitz of 1944 with all lights out of a night to save electricity. I did get my bill down from 700 per quarter to 350 a quarter. Putting electricity prices up again will piss off every pinballer in Australia. Maybe we shld make all our games 3 ball only.lol  %.% A saving of 8 cents per game.  @.@
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:29 AM »
Oakeshott loves the soud of his own voice, doesn't he

He used up his 15 minutes of fame. Sounds like a Prime Minister in the making.

Will be a messy 4 years ahead of us, pandering to the indipendent collective wish lists and backflipping on major policies. I think this time last year, KRudd was the most popular Prime Minister in living memory and he was in the vicinity of 75% "Preferred Prime Minister". People wanted a change this election, voted for it, and didn't get it. The next election can't come quick enough, and then we will be asking "Who is Oakeshott" ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »
"How bout we take a step back from labour bashing and take a good look at the situation."

I haven't seen any Labor bashing here at all ?? Most comments have been about how stuffed our voting system is.

Methinks you might be a little sensitive and biased towards Labor by that comment? Maybe it is you that needs to take a step back and look more widely at the situation instead of (by implication) "Coalition bashing"??

Nah not at all, cant stand labor and Julia and coming from a notoriously strong liberal seat I think pigs will fly before anyone around here votes labor. All im saying is everywhere you read about how rubbish they are - I agree they are running up a huge national debt among other things but the unfortunate thing is there simply isnt a better alternative.

Agreed the voting system is average but looking at the results surely we can see regardless of who won the vote by .02% or whatever it was evidence of how rubbish our political system is too
Kill each-other nicely please.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »
Labor wins Government.

Actually , they didnt win at all.
They got 37.8% of the primary vote ( the LOWEST for ANY political party since WWII  - when Howard lost Government with aprimary vote of 42% last election it was acknowledged as a LANDSLIDE AGAINST the Coalition  - BUT 37.8% is somehow a victory - WTF ? )
They got LESS of thier own seats
They ended up BEHIND on 2 party preferred votes

How they  'won' I have no idea.

All I can say is lookout for the ETS & inheritance taxes boys  !!@

Labor = 72 seats
Liberal = 60 seats

That's how they won. The rest are coalition seats. Liberals have had coalition help for years, and it's formed now with Labor and everyone is freaking out !@#

Labor let the Libs and Nationals combine years ago to give them both a chance cause they got wiped every election.

Don't know who bought who's vote, but Abbott also offered Tasmania $1Billion yes that's $1 thousand million for their vote, and they rejected it. He was going to build them a hospital, but when he was health minister he publically said he wouldn't jump on a plane to W.A. to check out a Dr. and his CANCER CUREING machine, even though countless cured kids and their families begged him to (on TV!). I don't judge a whole party on one person ever but Abbott's one nasty dude.

WE may not all agree on politics BUT we still all have to stick together cause "Mr CORPORATION" is the guy who pulls the strings on this planet and the more divided we get amognst each other the more he's going to tread on us.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:19:51 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI