Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Emulation

Infinity Virtual Pinball - 42" playfield - Gameplay Mixup

<< < (2/3) > >>

swinks:
agree with you on a few accounts.

- I don't like how pinball arcade pans around and looks at the plunger - wish they had a option for just a fixed screen view.

- the other is the computer setup, which I have read and it appears that it is such a pain to get right, hence why with my project I am going down a different path with a dedicated mac mini computer and a 100hz monitor for a plug and play setup - just open up the app and start playing. I will start my own thread soon for those curious and interested but I bought the parts, downloaded the games and was playing just on the bench top (in cabinet view) after 10 minutes setup. The downside is I don't have access to all the pinmame stuff but I have cabinet view for pinball arcade and will for pro pinball and hopefully the zen works along with a few others available for mac - so will be fun and great for the kids as it has a modern version of 1945 and angry birds for the kids in landscape view.

back on top, thanks for sharing

soundasleep:
Regarding the software, you'll notice I didn't show off Visual Pinball...I haven't had the time to get it working perfectly either.

I think that's why I've fallen in love with Future Pinball. The physics may not be as good but once you've got one table running it's dead easy to add more.

Like Swinks, took me all of about 15 mins to setup these 3 on my next project (mini cab).

I'll get to VP eventually...

soundasleep:
Farsight Studios have promised a better cabinet mode "some time soon". The plunger zoom in particular makes some skill shots REALLY difficult. But it's classic tables legitimately so I'll give them some slack ;)

swinks:
unboxed my 32" HD samsung and plugged the dedicated mac computer and did a screen rotate and started playing pinball in portrait mode. I had to adjust a few settings to stop the zooming and panning eg Black Hole stays fixed which is much better and it just zooms for plunger. Since I am just using one screen the dmd / score is just at the top centre which is fine. I still need to buy the ultrmarc and some flipper buttons etc and make a cabinet but should fall under the $2k and still have change.

howzat:
Hi Jady
It looks like your of to a great start with your new project    B h looks almost real     well done Howzat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version