Author Topic: bottom apron cleaning and ball shooting lane  (Read 211 times)

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
bottom apron cleaning and ball shooting lane
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »
Hi all ,
just 2 things 1 is the bottom apron. How do you clean these things , I have tried on other gottlieb games and the paint/print /what ever it is just wipes off...Is there a secret

2.. the ball shooting lane on a SYS 1 has contact on it to look like wood grain..where can you get this contact or do you look for real wood to do it.
photo shows wear on the rail,its got more damage both sides.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: bottom apron cleaning and ball shooting lane
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:53 PM »
There's vinyl wraps like this available. http://www.rvinyl.com/woodgrain Not sure of the colour/grain finish you require but I'm sure there'd be other types available. Alternatively just take it to a joinery workshop. Most likely they'd send it off to be done but they'd do it for you.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:02:48 AM »
Hi all ,
just 2 things 1 is the bottom apron. How do you clean these things , I have tried on other gottlieb games and the paint/print /what ever it is just wipes off...Is there a secret

2.. the ball shooting lane on a SYS 1 has contact on it to look like wood grain..where can you get this contact or do you look for real wood to do it.
photo shows wear on the rail,its got more damage both sides.

Same problem on the black numerals on the score reels - Anything besides novus 2 will rub the numbers off.
Do a small test on the apron with Novus 2.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:21:37 AM »
If you stuff it up you can always buy a decal for it from pinballrescue. I sanded mine back, sprayed it then put the decal on it was quite easy. Just wait about 2 weeks for the vapours from the paint to dissipate before putting the decal on. I like an idiot didn't so it bubbled so I had to do it again.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »
1 is the bottom apron. How do you clean these things , I have tried on other gottlieb games and the paint/print /what ever it is just wipes off...Is there a secret

You DON'T clean them, that is the secret  :D
I think ANY kind of cleaner will remove the print on these things. I'm not 100% sure but i think these things are silk screened with ink and it pretty much just wipes off if any attempt to clean them is made. If it is in shitty condition, you're much better off to repaint and use a Pinball Rescue decal  *%* *%* I will be doing that on your Solar City apron as its scratched  *%* *%*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »
Soft cloth, warm water and MILD detergent mix will clean it OK. The decals  look good installed but they are a sticker after all and its always preferable to retain an apron rather than replace with a decal. Often youll spend more time stripping back and using a sticker than you would restoring it.

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »
THANKS..
looks like hard times ahead...was hoping of some wiz bang can't go wrong technique.
Ordered contact.  it's on going work on asteroid annie.
ANY WAY THANKS AGAIN

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
Saved me asking that question . im in the same boat.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!