Author Topic: SOLD OUT - Affordable Chrome, Black & Gold SS Mirror Blades (1st Run)  (Read 37545 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: Affordable Mirror Blades - express you interest
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
To put things into perspective I got a quote back from Pinball Decal for the Black and Gold Chrome mirror blades

"1 x WMS Black Mirror Blade Set..........$250
1 x WMS Gold Mirror Blade Set...........$250

Shipping to AU Fully Insured via FedEx = $175"

hence this is why I am trying to offer a product at half the price with a very similar effect, so watch for final pricing as I hope to finalise it in the next week for blades only, and will then take orders to get the ball rolling. But I most probably be offering playfield felt and 3M sticky squares for $10 max as a estimate with a set of baldes.

Sounds good.  ^^^ Look forward to the prices.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
got some samples today of the black and gold mirror - very nice but pricey, and just waiting on some quotes for blades then I will see who is really wanting a set.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
got some samples today of the black and gold mirror - very nice but pricey, and just waiting on some quotes for blades then I will see who is really wanting a set.

Could be interested in a gold set but willing to pay the extra for a quality product.If it going to be done, do it right the first time is what i have to keep telling myself..I have a habit of doing thing three times before I get it right.

Have got some of their doors on some of my pinballs and they are outstanding quality, compared to crap job that my local guy charge me.

Need to no the quality of the material first.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
I hear you, and I can re-assure you that I am very particular when making things and I would not want to offer sub standard items. This material that I have found in Aus is awesome and it is SS so quality is no problems. Drano and myself have teamed up with cad files and he has stepped out first in going into production and proved the files are accurate. He says his are home made but he has a huge museum workshop with cnc's to do an array of awesome things at his finger tips. My intention is to use a laser company in Sydney to try and lower the cost per unit so the quality of work is there and I use to build and operate laser machines so I have prepared the files accurately for Drano and myself so I can ensure you it will be a quality product.

Basically I am very principled and it bugs me how some people are profiting off others to the point of taking advantage.

Here is Drano's thread on pinside
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-made-mirror-blades

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
Got some quotes back and this is what we are looking at roughly, but still waiting on some SS freight charges but wanted to really see who is interested - so basically teasing a little but baiting to see who wants some as I need to get 50% sales for me to take the plunge as I will be out of pocket a considerable amount and this takes the edge off but not cover the costs totally.

Note these prices are still yet to be firmed up but within $5-10 either way but hoping these are close to the money.

Chrome Mirror SS (0.9mm thick) set - $85 (still yet to work out freight)
Black or Gold SS Mirror SS (0.9mm thick) set - $135 (still yet to work out freight)

So if interested let me know via PM, if I don't get enough interest I won't be going ahead with the blades.

I will be offering a discount or a free set on multiple blade sets - amount still to be calculated.

Packaging maybe a few dollars as possibly will be laser cutting 3mm MDF sections for the blade to be sandwiched inbetween to project but this cost will just flow on - no margins added.
Freight cost will be passed on - I will not put a margain on it.

The Chrome mirror will only be offered here on AP as don't want to encroach on other guys doing making blades on AA.
But currently with the Black and Gold Mirror as far as I am aware I will be the only provider at this stage within Aus so will offer elsewhere but want to offer to you guys first.

I know el_Timbo is itching  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline spacies

• Forum Posts:
Swinks,

Even though 0.9 sounds thin it can be hard to fit in to some machines. By the time you add double sided tape you will hit 1mm. I couldn't fit 0.7 in to a few machines because the tolerances can vary from machine to machine. With 0.9mm you are really going to have to move toys, plastics and ramps etc.

Try get thinner if possible.

:)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
swinks,

RE: Gold sets.

How many sales do you need to make the gold a "go-er"? If you need 50% sales to cover costs, I presume you need to have 4 orders confirmed out of the 7/8 total pairs you can get out of a standard sheet. (Just going on my own experience here, as I don't know what sheet sizes you have obtained or if you are using a 3rd party for the cutting).  ^^^

Maybe clarify how many you need to get this off the ground and get some names in a list in this thread as to who is committing?

Either way put me down for a set of gold for Bally Williams to give this some momentum.  ()
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:16:38 PM by pinsanity »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
guys - insanity, wonder and el-Timbo expressed interest in the last few days, please let me know what type and brand machine ones.

cheers

I may also offer a little extra item at no cost - a surprise  *%*
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:37:41 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Quotes are in:

Chrome Mirror - $90 a set
Black and Gold Mirror - $135 a set

freighting multiple sets in one package should be a little cheaper so maybe team up with a few guys in your area and share the saving.

Multiple set Special deals:
buy 3 sets and get $5 off each set of blades
buy 4 sets and get $7.50 off each set of blades
buy 5 sets and get $10 off each set of blades.

still yet to finalise freight so won't take any money until I get a final price to you - hence the "pencil in your order" as still need 50% of units spoken for to lock in definite fabrication.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:57:07 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Here is a SaMple of the gold and black mirror with a Spiderman shooter know.

Sorry the focus is on the Spidey back the left is the gold mirror and the right is the black mirror. The samples were only about 4.5 x 2.5cm.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
1 set of gold for a Bally Williams thanks swinks.  ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Put me down for a STERN gold set.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Swinksy, pls put me down for a std mirror finish to stick in my Stern AC/DC PRO pls.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Put me down for a STERN gold set.

Would this be for the IM, would look pretty good sweet

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Ok prices are in, please do you calculations and let me know if still keen via PM along with your post code so I can firm up quote for a set/s.

Blades - $90 or $135 (less any discount for multiple sets)

Packaging - $5 - will be 2 pieces of 3mm MDF (1200 x 265mm) which will house the blades and add the required support so your blades do not bend damaged nor bent.

Freight - I am in Newcastle - so any local guys can pick up for nothing  ^^^  or if you are coming to Pinfest pickup then ???
           - but for those needing it sent here are the costs. I checked out E-go as heard they are cheap but heard lots of negative things. So went through the process of cost comparing among a few companies.
So came up with Smart Send - as they have reasonable freight charge, they insure (at blade cost to you) and they have receipted delivery - so for you the customer are totally covered as well as myself as I want everyone to be happy.

Freight estimates are: (are to major cities, so once I have your accurate postcode I can finalise your final cost to you).
Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne - $25
Adelaide - $33
Perth and Hobart - $40

as for Wonders multiple sets (4 off) to Perth - $45

so maybe share postage and purchase costs with someone else and get a set of blades for cheaper, like Wonder's purchase $40 for 1 set of freight but $11.00 per set for 4 sets = $45.

I understand if anyone is not willing if the costs have grown just PM and anyone keen PM me your postcode and once I get 12 sets with names against them I will place a order and start locking in purchase values with everyone.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:06:37 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts