Author Topic: Heighway Pinball's Alien - latest news  (Read 2125 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Heighway Pinball's Alien - latest news
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:19 AM »
The motorbike racing game seems boring to me.
I wonder how they came up with this title choice ?

They originally had a different theme for their first game based on Greek mythology but decided to go with something which had wider appeal. When they discovered that the playfield layout was extremely fast they chose the motorbike racing them because it seemed to suit the layout.

I wonder how many people will not buy a motorbike pinball and just wait for the Alien pinball machine IF Heighway
Pinball can financially survive that long ?

It seems like a lot more people are interested in the Alien theme, however the game is being built to be modular, you can swap playfields from different games in and out. Buying a second game will, therefore, be cheaper so some people may end up buying Full Throttle after they have Alien.

They have already made a bagatelle style game for Bacardi which they sold 500 or so units of, so they have some capital coming in as well.

When will full production of the motorbike machine start?
Have they sold any/many ?

If I recall correctly production is supposed to star in Q1 next year. I don't think they have sold very many yet (less than 10 reported on Pinside) but they may have sold many more preorders for Alien. Andrew has said that they have several more games in different stages of design and prototyping and wish to release several games a year, so they seem to be planning to become a major player rather than just a boutique builder.

Here is a picture of their latest cabinet design:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:32:46 AM by solar value »