Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22408 times)

Offline Shaneus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I'll be giving my RBION a going over, I think. Doesn't exactly qualify as a 90s machine but has a similar aesthetic to them, so it should still be fun to experiment with different colours (without going too wild, I hate coloured LEDs for GI under plastics, it tends to look overbearing). Getting an LED-OCD as well, as I am far too sensitive to LED strobing.

Having said that, I stumbled across this video the other day where a proto RBION in the Stern factory circa 2004 was running all LEDs, so it's an idea they've been toying with for a while and may have even had LEDs in mind for RBION.

Also have to say, I'm not a massive fan of how some of the newer Sterns look with 100% LEDs. I think they could go for a nicer mix of both, or at least use less SMDs and more frosted lights to bring the volume of light down. Pins can be colourful without having to wear sunnies to see them :)

I'm also mulling over the idea of using coloured incandescents, too. Just so I can ditch that flicker, but I know they still give off the same amount of heat which is my main motivation for going LED.