Author Topic: Restoration slow down - broken finger  (Read 794 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Restoration slow down - broken finger
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »
Looks like a slight slow down on the restorations at the moment, broke my left ring finger yesterday.

Had a two-day ride in the high country starting from Mansfield near Mt. Buller Victoria here is a link to the ranch we stayed at:
http://www.bushexperiences.com.au/trailRiding.php

4.5 hr drive through shit traffic on the western ring rd. Friday night, few beers, shit sleep tossing and turning in bloody sleeping bag listening to guys snoring and farting all night   @.@

Got a early start Sat morning, rode all day 150km fast flowing trails with erosion humps (jumps) every 30m, long deep river crossings that were icy cold, luckly didn't stall half way through like a couple of guys  *)*
had heaps of fun, punished my body, got back few more beers then out came the shot glasses

Got up yesterday morning to do a quick loop before we headed back home, all good, got into some tight technical tracks which I love and mainly ride that sort of stuff down this way.
Just clipped a tree with the right side of my handle bar and it speared me off into a small tree.  I must have put my hand up to break my fall and it got my finger.
Never broken a bone riding before and I have been riding for many years now. 
Oh well could have been much worse I suppose.

Got the kids off to bed last night spent a bit of time with my wife then went into casualty around 9.30pm last night.
Got sent straight to the 'fast track' room.  Let me tell you there was nothing 'fast' about that room  ^.^ got back home at 12.30am   (((

I have to have an appointment with plastics they are going to put a wire in my finger, more waiting in the bloody hospital  @.@

At least I can still use my index finger to play pinball, even I am a bit 'gumby' with it.  Although some guys would probabaly say I have always been a bit of a 'gumby' player  :lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Restoration slow down - broken finger
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

sounds like it could have been worse, and if this is the only accident you end up having, then it is not too bad.

Hope you have a speedy recovery !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »
Thanks mate, I've had heaps of little 'moments' like that over the years usually nothing more that a dust off and keep going, just one of those freaky things.
One of the other guys had a huge crash, he was screaming along lost the rear and slid about 20m luckly he was ok, his bike looked a little second hand though, he snaped his handle bars in two, I have never seen a set of quality KTM bars snap or bend, he was very lucky

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about your injury.

So does this now mean you'll have a 'bionic finger' like the 6 Million Dollar Man?   ::)

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time.My brother got a bike shop down south and does the rides as well.

If you like bike riding you must go on these tours as they are great fun,what bike did you have.My brother tell me some people think it so easy but after coming back from a 2 or 3 day ride they cant sit down for a week. :lol

We just had the mx national over he on the weekend,spent way to long in the VIP bar area and still not sure how i got home or buy who. *!@
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Sorry to hear about your injury.

So does this now mean you'll have a 'bionic finger' like the 6 Million Dollar Man?   ::)

Yeah, something like that, hopefully it will make me a pinball wizard  *)*

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time.My brother got a bike shop down south and does the rides as well.

If you like bike riding you must go on these tours as they are great fun,what bike did you have.My brother tell me some people think it so easy but after coming back from a 2 or 3 day ride they cant sit down for a week. :lol

We just had the mx national over he on the weekend,spent way to long in the VIP bar area and still not sure how i got home or buy who. *!@

I ride an 05 ktm 450 exc, I have full rego as I swap across to motard wheels to ride on the road or go-kart tracks when the mud dries up out in the bush.

I'm not too sore as I ride every second weekend and usually do a lot tighter challenging riding, but I was not used to riding so fast and so many jumps so that punished my wrists a little, but a few of the boys pulled up very sore

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
Just to make you not feel alone in having a stack, here is some footage of me pulling in front of a mate and him t boning me ....nothing broken but we were both very sore for the next few days i still wince when i see him bounce!

I was stoked my wife was filming at the time!!

(Fixed the link - Invalid link for some reason)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:54:09 PM by Strangeways »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
Might be time to have you over for some serious pinball Matt, a few dollars a game..   :lol
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 03:11:42 PM »
Just to make you not feel alone in having a stack, here is some footage of me pulling in front of a mate and him t boning me ....nothing broken but we were both very sore for the next few days i still wince when i see him bounce!

I was stoked my wife was filming at the time!!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7bwYUsQbWA[/youtube]

Love the background music Rob  :lol

Fixed your youtube link here:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:13:31 PM by ktm450 »

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »
Might be time to have you over for some serious pinball Matt, a few dollars a game..   :lol

I don't need a broken finger for you to give me a flogging Nick, but it is a good excuse when I am losing all the time  :lol

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

I ride an 05 ktm 450 exc, I have full rego as I swap across to motard wheels to ride on the road or go-kart tracks when the mud dries up out in the bush.

I'm not too sore as I ride every second weekend and usually do a lot tighter challenging riding, but I was not used to riding so fast and so many jumps so that punished my wrists a little, but a few of the boys pulled up very sore

My brother is a KTM and Yamaha dealer so thats the bikes we get.When i raced a long time ago(20 years) KTM were crap, but now they are one of the best brand.Just the price of a new one is a bit scary.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
Well if there going to put wire in there you stuffed it pretty well hope your not out of action for to long

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »

My brother is a KTM and Yamaha dealer so thats the bikes we get.When i raced a long time ago(20 years) KTM were crap, but now they are one of the best brand.Just the price of a new one is a bit scary.

Do you still do much riding?

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
Well if there going to put wire in there you stuffed it pretty well hope your not out of action for to long

Thanks daniel, I'll keep ploding away on the WH20 and hopefully get all the Geelong boys over before Marks meet