Author Topic: First pin  (Read 308 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
First pin
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
Hi all, just putting the feelers out for a friend who is wanting his first pin.He is a bit of a Startrek fan and he was thinking a STTNG.I have a small collection myself but have never played this game so cant comment on the games playability etc. Any feedback on price (lives in Perth) ,availability game play etc would be appreciated. Cheers Les. ^^^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: First pin
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:02:11 PM »
I love STNG. if he is a trek fan then he should enjoy it. I have one that i have borrowed (from the great cave of treasures collection) and i am waiting on delivery of my own project next gen.
I paid $2200 for my project next gen (playfield has no wear) dealers price is at least $5000, private fully shopped anywhere between $3500 to $4500.
that is last years price not sure what you would pay now.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
A very deep and quite challenging (shot wise) game. Being a big Trek fan then it might be a good game for him. The depth will mean he'll take quite a while to beat it (unless he's a wizard out of the box). Personally I do not like the game theme (despite liking ST), I find it a little embarrassing to play!! But that's a very subjective thing, overall your friend could do a lot worse than this great playing game.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »
Seems to be a love it or hate it machine.  Personally I walked away from the machine and couldn't understand what all the hype was about with this machine.  Always seems to hold it's value well.
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »
Hi all, just putting the feelers out for a friend who is wanting his first pin.He is a bit of a Startrek fan and he was thinking a STTNG.I have a small collection myself but have never played this game so cant comment on the games playability etc. Any feedback on price (lives in Perth) ,availability game play etc would be appreciated. Cheers Les. ^^^

The Bally Star Trek may be another option.  I've had a few games (on a beautifully restored machine) and was good fun to play.

The D.E one was surprisingly good fun to play as well.  He missed out on one recently which was the best I've ever seen.

I guess it comes down to budget and I guess your mate will want a fully shopped / reconditioned game.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Star Trek Next Gen, as well as Data East's Star Trek 25th Anniversary, are both excellent machines.

Both are fun to play. You cant go wrong with either. Pricing in your part of the world is really unknown to us guys in other states.

Contact Mark C and hit him up for a good cash price. He sends pins around the world, so melbourne to Perth wont be a hassle.

**Also, Bigdaddy from our forum is selling a real nice FRANKENSTEIN for only $2350.00. Thats a great machine and in real good nick, ready to plug in and play without any hassles. That would be a smart buy as a first or tenth machine because it has lots of excellent shots, the biggest dot-matrix display of any pinball ever made, and overall is a real nice pin. That would be worth looking into when u find the Star Trek pin pricing to be ALOT more.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »
ST TNG is a complicated pin from the deep ruleset to the troublesome AUX Driver board. I'm not a huge fan of the game and I walk away "mid ball" out of boredom. I had the pleasure of playing Marco's (Pinfan) ST TNG and it really opened my eyes on how beautiful the game is when it is restored and working 100%. That's the key with this title - Needs to be working 100% to fully appreciate.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »
Nino, u walked away mid ball from boredom ! What, fancy saying that about our beloved star trek pin.lol

Star Trek is like a new girlfriend, ya got to play with it a bit more to appreciate its "nicer points". lol  && && &&

p.s - pinfan's resto on his STNG was amazing. After playing that, you shld have been converted ! maybe a trip to the next star trek convention will win you over. Live Long and Prosper !  %.%

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »

STNG   a great  pin to play   second only to Twilight Zone in rule set and game play  .....  so they sat , sadly  doesnt do it for me but people love it and it is well rated , any proper reco must re wire the ships/ guns , these are prone to break  , we see some many not done properly and have problems , fix em once and never worry about them for years .  we are doing up one of these at the moment  ,  cant wait to have it next to TW and play them both   might make me change my mind about it

mark