Author Topic: Repairing unwanted holes in a playfield  (Read 340 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Repairing unwanted holes in a playfield
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
Wondering if anyone has ideas on how to repair those holes in playfields made by operators etc screwing in the wrong length wood screw and finding it all the way through to the playfield surface.

The hole left is like a mini volcano so its not simply a matter of bogging it up and some touch up paint.

Is there techniques in minimizing the amount of PF being damaged further to repair such a problem?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Repairing unwanted holes in a playfield
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »
Not sure if this was 'pinball savvy' - but I did this once a long time back.

I drilled it out with a slightly larger bit than the hole itself so after the drilling the 'mound' was reduced a bit as well   - I then used a 'conical' hard sanding bit in my dremel tool and turned it into a smooth edged crater , rather than a volcano. Then I filled it , sanded and re-painted the small section.

Not sure if there is a way to do it AND minimise the damage/ area that needs to be touched up after  !@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Repairing unwanted holes in a playfield
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:02:32 AM »
Thanks Wotto, I thought of similar with dremel but worried it might take off on me and cause more problems. That's why interested in other peoples thoughts just in case there are better methods
Still loving my Metallica Premium