Author Topic: TOTAN- Great - but balls stick EVERYWHERE  (Read 608 times)

Offline Replicas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • North West England
Re: TOTAN- Great - but balls stick EVERYWHERE
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:29:04 AM »
Wotto
I had a issue with a couple of places where the ball got stuck on my TOTAN.
#1 Top of the ramp (behind the genie) If you didn't get a solid contact on the ball once hit from the flippers it came to rest where the two ramps join (behind the genie) I had to manipulate the ramp slightly so that it sloped towards the genie and if the ball came to rest there the slope let the ball fall behind the genie through the gap in the ramp.
#2 Pop bumper area, the top left pop bumper sometimes caught the ball between itself and the guide rail and no amount of tilting removed it. I ended up making the pop bumper extra sensitive so if it did rest there again a slight thump on the side of the machine set off the pop bumper releasing the ball. I know other owners who have put a post there to stop the entrapment of a ball.
Those are the only two areas that have been any trouble to me. Alas I don't have the TOTAN any more but since letting her go I found out that the ramps where prone to slight warping thus causing the problem and if you are having more than one area that traps the ball on the ramps maybe a new ramp might solve the problem.
Darren.