Author Topic: LEDs in Fish Tales to Tease Wotto!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: LEDs in Fish Tales
« on: August 25, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
Arrrrr - that looks friggin SWEEEEEEEEEEEET

Can U list what colours you used in what locations ( that arent obvious in the shots ) - please  *%*
I have a pending order with Greg and may change a bit to get FT like this.

Same as the inserts for the most part Wotto. Purple for the fast fish (unsure wether wide-angle suits them better), yellow for the L I E (didnt do the ones behind the back plastic though), yellow for 2X 3X 4X. The big 4 fish is wide-angles green, blue, orange, green. The boat I went yellow for the first insert, then just match the colors ie orange, blue, red. Just match the insert colors, and when its a big insert consider wide-angle. Left and right green arrow insert on boat I did wide-angle. I found you need to bend the #44 lamp socket legs to get the lighting right (I am still stuffing around with that actually). The 555 bulbs need to tweeked to get them to work, its just a matter of bending the end of the wires on the globe to the edge of its base. I didnt know this was a common issue, and after reporting it to Greg he said all brands of #555 LEDs are like that. I didnt do the little fish, and didnt do the green three part fish either side of the PF (to keep cost down). I didnt do the tackle-box inserts, or the auto-cast (wish I did though). I need 4 extra normal angle 555's, on reflection I shouldave done them. I didnt do pop-bumpers, or any general lighting (but will later). I did the extra-ball insert (orange), but it didnt make much difference really. I did the specials in red, but left the light long cast alone (and am happy with that).

This was my order, but if I did it all over again would substitute a couple of wides for normal or vice-versa:
2 x 555 GREEN 170 Degree Wide Angle
>>>>> 2 x 555 Blue 170 Degree Wide Angle
>>>>> 1 x Ablaze 3-LED #44/47 -Green Bayonet Base
>>>>> 7 x Ablaze 3-LED #555 -Yellow- Wedge Base
>>>>> 3 x Ablaze 3-LED #555 -Green- Wedge Base
>>>>> 2 x #44 - Green 170 Degree Wide Angle
>>>>> 3 x Cliffy's Blue Sleeve
>>>>> 2 x Cliffy's Yellow Sleeve
>>>>> 1 x Ablaze 3-LED #44/47 -Red- Bayonet Base
>>>>> 2 x Ablaze 3-LED #44/47 -Purple- Bayonet Base
>>>>> 2 x Ablaze 3-LED #555 -Purple- Wedge Base
>>>>> 7 x Ablaze 3-LED #555 -Red- Wedge Base