Author Topic: WHAT OTHER HOBBYS do you have other than pinball.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: WHAT OTHER HOBBYS do you have other than pinball.
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
my other main interest besides pinnies has always been music and electronics. so i have a fair few guitars and amps, including this one here that is one of four amps that i have built from scratch.. they are ALL VALVE.. no crappy sounding solid state amps for me *.* *.*

This one cost me about $1000 to build, will probably be sold soon... my bandmate loves it and wants it!! so i think i'll let it go.. i can easily build another the same if i want to

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »
Looks like ill be picking your brain again in the future Mitch.     When i get time to rebuild my old jukebox i will need your advice with the old valve amp  ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
Looks like ill be picking your brain again in the future Mitch.     When i get time to rebuild my old jukebox i will need your advice with the old valve amp  ^^^

No worries Daniel, i'll help out if i can ^^^

Offline Mr Pubstuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
    • pubstuff
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »
so many similar hobbies by so many.

when i was young, i used to race nitro boats and held a couple of state records in victoria. i used to fly planes (badly) and play with anything nitro powered including cars and airboats.
then i found cars and did up my hq wagon over many years which ended up being tubbed with a 2/3 chassis with big block power and won many awards including top wagon at summernats 1988 i think it was. 780hp on the dyno and 5mpg made for fun on a friday night, altho expensive as it only ran on avgas so we had to go out to essendon airport with a couple of drums after work ..... but it was the most fun to putt around. got offered too much money for the new engine (made the old one look poor) and as i had moved to adelaide, i couldnt get the car regoed here, so sold it off (still sad about that over 15 years on).
then i found fishing and camping and settled down a bit. bought a boat,well several boats and worked my up to a 48ft flybridge, but sold it to by a accomodation business back in victoria. business didnt do so well (drought and bushfires for 3 years ... it was at lake eildon) so sold it, moved back to adelaide and i decided to up my interest in breweriana and pubstuff. i have 2 x 20ft containers packed with rare and collectable stuff from oz and overseas as well as 2 rooms here jam packed full as well as a 28ft enclosed trailer full and several crates in the carport as well as stuff at a few friends places around the country awaiting a new place to unpack it all. i think i had around 70 neons, 200 mirrors, 300 lights and god knows how many signs cos i dont have a clue and the amount of beer taps/fonts/glassware/other stuff is just out of control to be honest. most will be sold off to fund more pinballs, as that is taking my interest right now (and another boat will be bought as well before the missus wants anything out of it).
i also like brewing and distilling as well as playing with assorted arcade/juke stuff as well as just getting in the shed and building shit.
i still get my jollies looking at cars like some of u guys have and the missus wants me to get a rod, but i would like a hk/t/g/q monaro, but also have a weakness for 57 and 65 chevs. at least here in adelaide its easier to go overpowered in a rod than a street car, so who knows what will come.
nice to see some of you guys stuff and interests :)
Don't shoot me, im new here!

Offline Genie

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
  • who let the Genie out of the bottle?
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2010, 01:28:04 AM »
VALIANTS $#$
factory black bucket seats, 4sp hemi 265 with 2bbl holley, mmmmmmm
can just about fit a pinny in the back! :lol

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
Street Stock speedway car

This is it's latest incarnation.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2010, 11:43:37 PM »
And I also have a room full of Scalextric type slotcar track and about 150 slotacars.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2010, 11:51:18 PM »
Is that an old EA falcon. Looks like lots of fun 4 sure. Excellent. Mad fun !  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
Yes, it's an EA. Got it loaded up and ready to go for tonight.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2010, 02:00:26 AM »
Street Stock speedway car

This is it's latest incarnation.

nice, are you going to race it ?

bender  ( damien ) and I are hoping to go to Targa Tasmania rally in the next couple of years and have some fun

someone ask him why he is called bender ..... he wont be driving my monaro   thats for sure

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2010, 02:28:32 AM »
Mark,
as long as u dont do the peter brock and hit a tree n kill yaself, i say have fun. (get ya life insurance in order if "bender" is driving). lol

P.S- wearing sumo suits and helmets may help. extra padding when approaching a tree at high speed never hurt anyone (well, sort of).  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !