Author Topic: My second pin has arrived - Pro football  (Read 8576 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: My second pin has arrived - Pro footballer
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 11:32:24 PM »
Rob,

The board that is missing from the score reel is not actual missing as it is not required on the 100s unit.  The board is on the tens, thousand and tens thousands unit only.  This is becouse this bard is what tells the machine your score so that it knows when to pay a free game.  Example: When the game finishes the board on the tens unit tells the game what number it finished on so that it knows if you match the lucky number.  The boards on the side of the Ten Thousand unit and Thousand unit is used for identifying when the replay level is reached.  On this machine it is always in tens & thousands eg. 45000, 46000 or whatever. Therfore it does not require this board on the hundreds reel for anything and therfore its not fitted.  As Nino has said replace the coil for now and turn it on and see what happens.  If the coil energises and LOCKS on power the machine off ASAP or you will burn this coil out.  Where are you located?  If your in Melbourne I would be happy to pop over one day and run you through the operation basics of thses EMs.

Always be carfull around electricity for obvious reasons.  Espaecially if you have kids as high voltages (240V) is present inside the machine cabinet.  Does your place have an RCD fitted (safety switch)?  If not it would be a good idea for safety reasons to by a portable RCD from Bunnings and run your machines throu these.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock