Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57007 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
Breaking News ,I have be talking with Captain Jack over the past week about his exciting new adventure .
Man, has this bloke got drive and determination or what . Talk about no one standing in his way !! or anyone intimidating him !!
He knows what we what in a Pinball ,and he has insured me that this will be a totally awesome machine .
He has been listening to Pinball enthusiast from all around the world with what they want and from resellers with what they need in a Pinball to make it a great seller.   
He is starting to take small refundable deposits as a show-of-hands for he's new Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of OZ Pinball .

Now an Australian Exclusive THE PRICE
Pre-orders will be $6500 US with out pre-order it will be $7500 US  ,

http://www.pinballsales.com/asp/default.asp

Well done Jack , go hard Mate

Tony

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:50 PM »

I really hope this project works out. Seems the drive and passion is already there, which was sadly lacking for other attempts at manufacturing Pinball machines. I will be eagerly following the progress, but I feel the theme "Wizard of Oz" is a poor choice. I would have hoped a more recent theme that would appeal to the younger generation would be considired. With Stern missing out on Tron, I would have thought Jersey Pinball would pick up on that theme.

Nevertheless - Jack has already produced Bowlers, so I have high hopes he will produce a pinball. I'm hoping regular progress updates are provided.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
It will be great to see another enter the market - someone who as a former distributor for Stern will likely have the customers ready to try this out. He certainly seems to have a fan-base in the US, this could possibly work. My first reaction to the theme was similar to Strangeways, but I'm starting to think that this could tap several possible markets, and if it is a real players game, even attract them as well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
That could be a really cool title if done right, heres hoping it is as good as it sounds.
$6500 on the pre order is very reasonable as well for a nib.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
Jersey Jack certainly has the right background and infrastructure to make good on his promise. Now it appears he really has the mindset and love of the game to see things through. Very exciting development,  especially given all the disparate/desperate tricks Stern have been up to lately.
Stern have made some really awesome machines in my opinion and they have done some good innovations eg. flashstick memory. However, some of their recent title choices are f**king stinkers and now we will get a rehash of the ancient Rolling Stones for pity's sake.
Don't forget Marsaplay of Spain, who actually have produced a machine with real innovations including an LCD display. Sadly, their resurrection of a sucky old machine despite the technical advances rather defeats the purpose.
New kid on the block? Someones neck likewise?
Dunno - even though I own a genuine Austrian Crystal ball all I can see is a brownish cloud  !@)
I just hope neither party gets taken down by all this, but the current economic situation etc does not bode well.

Still, I'm pretty chuffed that new things are happening.

"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
I think the theme is great...

Im in for one....

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
Just received this from Jack

For Immediate Release:

The talent that will bring the classic story of The Wizard of Oz to life on the Jersey Jack Pinball is famed artist Jerry Vander Stelt.

Jerry has been commissioned to do seven different original art treatments. The cabinet which will consist the two sides of the body and the two sides of the back box with each being different and unique works of art.

Jerry will do backglass art which will be displayed on the LCD in the backbox as well. There will be a mirrored glass the full size of the backbox which will have artwork that will frame the LCD and lift up and into the backbox like a traditional full sized backglass

The portion of that glass will be clear to show what's on the LCD. In total including the artwork on the front of the game that is seven unique and different Jerry Vander Stelt art creations for this game.
The cabinet art will be printed with UV ink on the highest grade quality adhesive backed vinyl and applied to the cabinets. This will insure the brightness, intensity and detail that Jerry is famous for.
To see what Jerry has done in Pinball search the ipdb.org and for a link to his studio visit http://www.vandersteltstudio.com/

Best Regards,

Jack Guarnieri
President & CEO,
Jack Guarnieri Service Co., Inc.
1000 Towbin Avenue
Lakewood, NJ 08701

www.pinballsales.com

(732) 364-9900 ext 135 - Office

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
I like the sounds of the LCD screen , I can see it now LCD starts of in Black and white , hit the ball into twister then BOOM your in colour ? awesome . 

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
 $#$ $#$ Thank god no DMD  $#$ $#$

Mmmmm... pinball moves forward??? Who would have thought?

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
About time the DMD got trashed, It's been so long since the last major upgrade/advance in pinball. can't wait to see the final product! $#$
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »
interesting

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »
all i wanna say is it sounds better than sterns new rolling stones! BY A LONG RUN!  $#$
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
Rolling Stones Pin, what next KISS ^&^ or Beatles....

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Justin Bieber

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com