Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57006 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
Rolling Stones Pin, what next KISS ^&^ or Beatles....

Depending on who you talk to, Stern wanted to do another KISS pin but the KISS Corporation  #@# wanted too much money AND control over the design. There was also a rumor that they wanted to do an AC / DC pinball. Both were approached before the idea to do the Stones was thought of.

I'm starting to warm to the Wizard of Oz concept. I'm hoping we see regular updates.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM »
Justin Bieber

Free copy of his autobiography with it, hey?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »
I'm starting to warm to the Wizard of Oz concept. I'm hoping we see regular updates.

After the RS release i think we are all warming to WOZ!

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing this one as well,especially after seeing stern's latest offering, I'm hoping jack picks up the pinball and runs with it. *%*

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »

And Dennis Nordman has joined the team

January 21, 2011--World famous pinball designer Dennis Nordman has joined Jersey Jack Pinball! Dennis has designed some of the best loved pinball machines including, Pirates of the Caribbean, Whitewater, Scared Stiff, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Demolition Man, Indy 500, and others. Joe Balcer, who is designing the Wizard of Oz, Jersey Jack's first release, will collaborate with Dennis on design elements and together they are sure to create a great game. Dennis will also be designing game #2 for Jersey Jack Pinball.
http://www.pingamejournal.com/current/

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »

And Dennis Nordman has joined the team

January 21, 2011--World famous pinball designer Dennis Nordman has joined Jersey Jack Pinball! Dennis has designed some of the best loved pinball machines including, Pirates of the Caribbean, Whitewater, Scared Stiff, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Demolition Man, Indy 500, and others. Joe Balcer, who is designing the Wizard of Oz, Jersey Jack's first release, will collaborate with Dennis on design elements and together they are sure to create a great game. Dennis will also be designing game #2 for Jersey Jack Pinball.
http://www.pingamejournal.com/current/

This can only be a good thing, you would think!

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »
Sure does , seems like it's coming together nicely

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 03:04:37 AM »

This can only be a good thing, you would think!

I think it is good for this project, but it illustrates what is wrong with pinball that there is no 'new blood' coming through
it is the same old people with the same old ideas

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
I think it is good for this project, but it illustrates what is wrong with pinball that there is no 'new blood' coming through
it is the same old people with the same old ideas

Maybe right, but I suspect the first game or two needs to be traditional pinball to get them established. Maybe after that they can try some innovation (at Stern if you say "innovation" they make you put a buck in the bad word jar).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
 $#$

see below for latest update and payment structure, lots of points to get out if you dont like the look through development....

I hope you are well and thanks again for your refundable Pre-Order.

Because of the flurry of activity in my PayPal account, PayPal called me this past week....they actually locked up my account for a couple of days. It seems that their policy does not allow for Pre-Orders of anything beyond 60 days. I did not know that and simply wanted to get a "show of hands" deposit on special this first game. To comply with their policy, I promised them that I would convert these Pre-Orders to Special-Orders by the end of the 60 days.

More than 75% of the Pre-Orders so far have come from previous, repeat customers, many who I know from prior sales, conversations or even times we have met. I have not e mailed in a mass blind-copy format as I have personally written to everyone and I now I want to update you further. An overwhelming majority of these people do not want to pay $6,000 in one payment and have requested many different options to make structured payments. To that request I need to apply in a one size fits all policy in how we will take those payments.

By and before that time so much more will be made known to you and all of the other people who gave these pre-order deposits. While you cannot play the game on 3/15/11, you can make a decision. To take your $250 back or to advance another payment of $1,000 which will also be refundable if you decide to cancel further down the road.

I'm going to take their advice at this point...so it looks like payments would be:

3/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable

6/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable

9/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable

10/31 - Time when the order is converted into a Special Order -

12/15 - Tentative Delivery - Balance $3250.00 + Freight

Some customers just want to pay me the full amount now and I do not want that either. So many great things have happened in the past year to make this all a reality and this next year much more will happen as we create this first exciting new game.

While my idea is to have many details disclosed as this process unfolds, I still need to keep some details untold and unseen. I've already disclosed that the cabinet, backbox, LCD back glass, mirror back glass frame will be created by famed artist Jerry Vander Stelt who will produce seven different unique works of art for the game. The Playfield art, plastic and decal set art will be created by Pinball Legend Greg Freres and he and Jerry will work together in concert on style and content to create a very special art package fitting for The Wizard of Oz.

World Famous designer Dennis Nordman has joined Jersey Jack Pinball to collaborate on The Wizard of Oz design elements with designer and creative genius Joe Balcer who designed South Park and The Simpsons Pinball Party among other games. Dennis will design game #2 as well with Greg Freres doing the complete artwork package for that game.

In the next days and weeks as I disclose what operating system we are using, who will do the programming and what parts will be used, you will realize how special this game will be. It is also a statement of commitment for future games we build that come after this. Good thing for Facebook, web sites, RGP and YouTube so we can update progress on the game.

Please remember that I am a Pinball NUT! I want the ultimate great playing game with mechanical toys, deep rule set and lots of features too.

Thank you again for your trust and confidence. There will be much more information that I will get to you as I can report it. Sometimes these details may break in a public way because of technology and the excitement surrounding this new game, I understand it. My choice is to tell you first in every event of breaking details.

If you have any further questions, just call or e mail me, thanks!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »
Certainly sound super-motivated.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 11:24:07 PM »
10/10 for communication

Offline ROWAN

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
Sounds really exciting - just wondering how many on here are thinking of ordering one of the Wizard of Oz pinballs and if so what would be the freight to get one here and the various charges and taxes - in other words what would be the final cost when you get it home. I was wondering if there was any way that they would get a special shipping price etc if say there were 5 of us in Melbourne who were getting one would he offer discount shipping etc if they all came together etc - just throwing it out there does anyone have any good ideas on the cheapest way to get it out here??
Cheers

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »
Cheapest would be to hijack some space on a container, but still going to have GST and state duties on top (maybe $1000) plus the container space.

I shipped two BBB's together by air, didn't gain anything from the shipping (the only area you'd possibly save with multiple games). Cost about $2K each IIRC. Suspect about $1500 if boat. Just guessing, some here will have more recent experience I suspect.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
From NJ to Brissy air freight last time cost me $1600 Door to Door plus GST
I'm guessing close to $10k all in .
Tony