Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 26334 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Well, a few lucky members who have ordered a AC/DC Pinball.

I dont think a title has been so highly anticipated than this title, and many people have good, bad, or undecided neutral feelings towards the machines because no-one has seen one in the flesh yet ! ALOT of people are just die-ing to see one in the flesh and play it and hear the great music and see what it plays like !

Probably the most wanted pinball EVER by Aussie Collectors !

If you have ordered one, add ya name to the "ordered" list below, including which model u have ordered ! and any comments u would like to add about why you ordered it and what u like or dont like, and what you are liking the most.

I have decided to give the Pro model a go at $5950 (and have ordered one today) because of the video I just saw, and also, a few sneak peak photos someone slipped me from a machine that was on a test site overseas. I dont think it will ever be a hard machine to sell, and the waiting lists are getting longer so i have taken a punt. The music won me over in the end, and I will live with the colours which will probably be much better in the flesh.

Who has ordered a AC/DC Pinball ? 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
I've ordered a LE back in black can't wait, awesome title I'm a massive ac/dc fan and knew with Steve designing this there would be speed and flow that's what I like in pinball roll on march

Peter

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
Hi Cave of Treasures,

Great to hear you bought the Pro model Ac/Dc pinball. I'm sure you will be happy with your decision and as you said, you should have no trouble moving it on if you wanted to upgrade to the premium model at a later date. Bang for buck, I think there is good value there. I think many more people will follow your suit soon and buy a Pro Or Premium model. AC/Dc pinball ROCKS!!!!

Regards,

Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have FUn Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Official Stern Agent For Western Australia
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
Thanks Joe,
At $5950, this is the lowest cost buy in option for a BRAND NEW STERN AC/DC.  You have to say it over and over again, because thats about $1000 or $1500 cheaper than what it usually costs to get into a Brand New Stern, so financially, it makes ALOT of sense. I was very hesitant at first, and thought the machines colours were not 100 percent to my liking, but face it, if i didnt have something to complain about, the price would be alot higher.lol

The video of the machine, shows the reds to be alot more red than the browny colours i previously thought, so i dont mind admitting i was wrong about the cabinet colours. I NOW see why they have used the big head/face on the playfield, cause it is needed for the under playfield for the other models.  ^^^

I am not a rich man, I work like a dog for my weekly and monthly income, like all the other members on here, but at $5950, and with it being a Brand New machine, and a machine that should have good interest for resale, I think if anyone is going to buy a New in Box, this would have to be it. Seeing other people play it will be the fun.

To all the lucky buggers who bought the LE models, well done. ! Thanks for the updates Joe about the Premium models.  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:34:32 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
1 LE Black
1 LE let there be rock

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
1 LE Black
1 LE let there be rock

If they breed you will have 1 LE Blackrock...cool!
 :D
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:42 PM »
I am putting an order in tomorrow for the Premium version with a shaker motor included.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »
wow this machine is dominating the pinball realm atm, every second thread, thats great for pinball, i hope many of these pins get sited, the more out being played the better for the industry

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
Spoke to Bruce again today from AMD in Sydney cause he is the closest for me to buy from.

ALOT of people are ordering the $5,950 Pro Model. The phone is ringing hot. Deposits on the Pro and Premium models is only around $1900 and $2000 for a March 'ish delivery.

I have put my name down to fly to Sydney for the AC/DC Pinball release party so hopefully I will be able to go. If I do, i will take some photos and a video if Bruce doesnt mind. The venue/party is very close to maximum numbers and Bruce mentioned they are doing something special for the distributors with Tournament set up's for Operators to run as part of their Stern dealerships/businesses. Some new and exciting other surprises also happening on the night. I think it will be fun to fly down from QLD and have a look. I have another member in mind who I was thinking of surprising with a few airtickets if I get the 2 x spots confirmed.  &&

I decided to save 2 grand by buying the PRO model, so i can put the saved 2 grand (compared to the premium model) towards another NEW Stern that I am arranging with Bruce hopefully. I have asked if Bruce can get a New in Box other title for me that STERN has in the USA that no-one has in stock in Australia, but a few are sitting at the STERN factory, and hopefully Bruce can get one thrown into the AC/DC pinny container when that batch comes out. If i get the nod tomorrow or Monday, I will be placing another deposit down for that surprise STERN title.

I will share some more news tomorrow after i speak with Bruce again about some of the upgrade prices for both the AC/DC and other title pinnys. It also sems everyone is upgrading for the shaker motor, and alot of people are telling me that they will be adding mirror blades to the AC/DC pin and a backboard mirror for the pro model etc etc.
 I have decided on a few bling items to jazz up my Pro model straight from the get go.

QUESTION - for the guys who have ordered a AC/DC pinny, who is spending the few hundred on the coin mech/coin door option, and who is leaving it out ?
P.S - delivery from Sydney to QLD was $200 overnight.  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »
I'm still in two minds if I was ever going to get a new in box it would have to be this one.   Basic one would be my only real option but what to sell???    My two cars arnt worth $6000  %.%

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
I'm still in two minds if I was ever going to get a new in box it would have to be this one.   Basic one would be my only real option but what to sell???    My two cars arnt worth $6000  %.%

you could get $50 for your monaro, thats a good start, oh im sorry mate i had to have a dig at the holden man lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »
I have come up with a MAD idea, a mod for my Pro model AC/DC pin when it arrives. Basically, i will have it made/worked out before the machine arrives. The mod has to do with the legs. One part will be a very quick to do add on, and the other part will be a quick reworking/re-manufacture part to the leg which i worked out today with a local steel company.. I wont give too much away, as I want to make it work on the machine, and then video and photograph it for the forum etc and introduce it as the first MAD mod to do to a AC/DC pinny. Ithink it will look great and just be very very eye catching, nothing you cant reverse, sort of.. #@#

Can anyone think of any great mods to add to their AC/DC pinball.  !@#

I was thinking a electric guitar sitting on the top of the headbox as a really cool topper with some leds inserted into the guitar etc. Go all out i reckon. AND i will try n set the world record for how loud you can turn a pinball machines volume way way up.  *)* *)*

Anyone got any bling or mod ideas or toppers for the AC/DC pinny ?   !@#

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
f**k the shaker i wanna get a real brass bell

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »
1 BIBLE for me

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:03 PM »
Stern should be applauded for executing this tittle. A winner for both pinball collectors (NIB status) and operators (definitely going to make money with that ball drain straight down the middle).
Looking forward in reading your stories guys.

Ps - any Vic members thinking of selling their CV to finance this new Stern title, feel free to pm me.

Stephen.
SC.