Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 26371 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
"I have finally decided Stern is doomed for all time. If they have farked up this release, nothing else ever has a chance of getting off the ground.

Now you have bought one?  #@#

yes, I am a fickle bastard. I can change my mind very quickly if i get more information that changes the ball game. It was the video i saw in High definition of the AC/DC game being played. The reds are red and not brown like the photos mostly show. I still reckon the head on the playfield is really ugly, but i now see why they did it, because of the other models that need this big head shape to insert the small under sided playfield.

I actually watched about 4 hours of youtube videos of angus etc and bon scott in the old days. after doing that, i thought i would definately change my mind. This will be the first New In Box Stern i would have bought, and whilst I am unsure about how it will play and feel, its more about seeing if i like the technology and feel of these new machines. I have been trying to buy a Avatar locally for the right price and it hasnt come to fruition, hence the decision to go with the AC/DC.  Quite a few friends who cant afford to buy one, have said I shld buy one so they can play it as well. That was the deciding factor. Any excuse to get the guys around to play pinball.

I dont think Stern is doomed for all time, well, not today anyway. I did think that the other day, cause I was miffed as to why they would dominate the PRO AC/DC playfield with the ugly head, but i didnt know about the other models at that stage. Thats my fault. I think STERN will go back into the doomed market again if they dont make the PRO models of their releases more interesting with more great features and toys. STERN cant carry on business and keep healthy $$ just by charging 9 thousand dollars for a LE version by adding a few plastic bits. They will have to up their game like I honestly believe they did with the Excellent TRANSFORMERS pinball title.

Yes, I often change my mind. Head like a scrambled egg after too many long hours at work. :D  ^^^ P.S - the $5950 price tag was also a massive decider. If it was say $7250, it would have been a big NO.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !