Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 26335 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »
Coin mech didn't think of that &^& does door just have coin slots but no mech?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
correct Pete. You have to pay $210 from memory.Bruce asked me if i wanted the coin mech and mentioned the price etc. The shaker motor can be added anytime etc.

I would rather have the shaker motor come seperate, its very easy to fit, anyone can do it in 15 minutes i am told. I would fit it later than the have the machine get pulled out of the box to get it added etc by someone else. I am sure STERN will make some with the shakers already done, but Bruce says he adds the coin mechs here mostly, although, again, some can be added at factory.

I am waiting to see if the std pro model comes with the slide rails or just the pegs. I will find out tomorrow.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »
correct Pete. You have to pay $210 from memory.Bruce asked me if i wanted the coin mech and mentioned the price etc. The shaker motor can be added anytime etc.

I would rather have the shaker motor come seperate, its very easy to fit, anyone can do it in 15 minutes i am told. I would fit it later than the have the machine get pulled out of the box to get it added etc by someone else. I am sure STERN will make some with the shakers already done, but Bruce says he adds the coin mechs here mostly, although, again, some can be added at factory.

I am waiting to see if the std pro model comes with the slide rails or just the pegs. I will find out tomorrow.
All recent Sterns,ie standards have come out with pegs.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
"I have finally decided Stern is doomed for all time. If they have farked up this release, nothing else ever has a chance of getting off the ground.

Now you have bought one?  #@#

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
Yes, adding a shaker motor is quick and easy
The only problem is drilling holes in your NIB machine

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
"I have finally decided Stern is doomed for all time. If they have farked up this release, nothing else ever has a chance of getting off the ground.

yes, I am a fickle bastard. I can change my mind very quickly if i get more information that changes the ball game. It was the video i saw in High definition of the AC/DC game being played. The reds are red and not brown like the photos mostly show. I still reckon the head on the playfield is really ugly, but i now see why they did it, because of the other models that need this big head shape to insert the small under sided playfield.

I actually watched about 4 hours of youtube videos of angus etc and bon scott in the old days. after doing that, i thought i would definately change my mind. This will be the first New In Box Stern i would have bought, and whilst I am unsure about how it will play and feel, its more about seeing if i like the technology and feel of these new machines. I have been trying to buy a Avatar locally for the right price and it hasnt come to fruition, hence the decision to go with the AC/DC.  Quite a few friends who cant afford to buy one, have said I shld buy one so they can play it as well. That was the deciding factor. Any excuse to get the guys around to play pinball.

I dont think Stern is doomed for all time, well, not today anyway. I did think that the other day, cause I was miffed as to why they would dominate the PRO AC/DC playfield with the ugly head, but i didnt know about the other models at that stage. Thats my fault. I think STERN will go back into the doomed market again if they dont make the PRO models of their releases more interesting with more great features and toys. STERN cant carry on business and keep healthy $$ just by charging 9 thousand dollars for a LE version by adding a few plastic bits. They will have to up their game like I honestly believe they did with the Excellent TRANSFORMERS pinball title.

Yes, I often change my mind. Head like a scrambled egg after too many long hours at work. :D  ^^^ P.S - the $5950 price tag was also a massive decider. If it was say $7250, it would have been a big NO.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
none for me dont know wether it's a player or not  + the face in the middle of the playfield looks real ugly
just had a look at the stern website plenty of pics there

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Went to see Bruce today and put my order in for the Premium version with shaker motor fitted.Stern will not fit the shaker motors in this model as Bruce rang to check if they would do it before they were shipped.My wife and myself had a game on an LE Transformers and first impressions for us both was that it is a real nice game to play also.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

yes, I am a fickle bastard. I can change my mind very quickly if i get more information that changes the ball game. It was the video i saw in High definition of the AC/DC game being played. The reds are red and not brown like the photos mostly show. I still reckon the head on the playfield is really ugly, but i now see why they did it, because of the other models that need this big head shape to insert the small under sided playfield.

I actually watched about 4 hours of youtube videos of angus etc and bon scott in the old days. after doing that, i thought i would definately change my mind. This will be the first New In Box Stern i would have bought, and whilst I am unsure about how it will play and feel, its more about seeing if i like the technology and feel of these new machines. I have been trying to buy a Avatar locally for the right price and it hasnt come to fruition, hence the decision to go with the AC/DC.  Quite a few friends who cant afford to buy one, have said I shld buy one so they can play it as well. That was the deciding factor. Any excuse to get the guys around to play pinball.

I dont think Stern is doomed for all time, well, not today anyway. I did think that the other day, cause I was miffed as to why they would dominate the PRO AC/DC playfield with the ugly head, but i didnt know about the other models at that stage. Thats my fault. I think STERN will go back into the doomed market again if they dont make the PRO models of their releases more interesting with more great features and toys. STERN cant carry on business and keep healthy $$ just by charging 9 thousand dollars for a LE version by adding a few plastic bits. They will have to up their game like I honestly believe they did with the Excellent TRANSFORMERS pinball title.

Yes, I often change my mind. Head like a scrambled egg after too many long hours at work. :D  ^^^ P.S - the $5950 price tag was also a massive decider. If it was say $7250, it would have been a big NO.

i has turned out great, i can see why you changed your mind, ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »
Went to see Bruce today and put my order in for the Premium version with shaker motor fitted.Stern will not fit the shaker motors in this model as Bruce rang to check if they would do it before they were shipped.My wife and myself had a game on an LE Transformers and first impressions for us both was that it is a real nice game to play also.

Doesnt Transformers look great. The audio is great, and they have done some amazing work with the dot matrix programming, which is very technical on this model.  Transformers is a big step up.

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »
I might wait for Costco to have a sale before I buy one..

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »
I'm hearing very good things about the costco version, I really hope it lives up to the hype.
 :D
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 01:04:50 AM »
I decided to save 2 grand by buying the PRO model, so i can put the saved 2 grand (compared to the premium model) towards another NEW Stern that I am arranging with Bruce hopefully. I have asked if Bruce can get a New in Box other title for me that STERN has in the USA that no-one has in stock in Australia, but a few are sitting at the STERN factory, and hopefully Bruce can get one thrown into the AC/DC pinny container when that batch comes out. If i get the nod tomorrow or Monday, I will be placing another deposit down for that surprise STERN title.

Any news on this? I am very interested to know what title it is?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 02:08:41 AM »
I decided to save 2 grand by buying the PRO model, so i can put the saved 2 grand (compared to the premium model) towards another NEW Stern that I am arranging with Bruce hopefully. I have asked if Bruce can get a New in Box other title for me that STERN has in the USA that no-one has in stock in Australia, but a few are sitting at the STERN factory, and hopefully Bruce can get one thrown into the AC/DC pinny container when that batch comes out. If i get the nod tomorrow or Monday, I will be placing another deposit down for that surprise STERN title.

Any news on this? I am very interested to know what title it is?

I got a email today from Bruce about the "2nd un-named" title that is available for me and he gave me a price too.
I have 2 decide this weekend if I will spend the extra 7 grand..... on this surprise title, or if I buy the Transformers with the AC/DC model. I have to think long n hard this weekend. I have always thought it would be nice to walk around the Stern factory, looking for a new in box model sitting down the back left over ready to ship.  #@#

Unfortunately, I have just paid out another 7 grand cash yesterday for a medical operation I am getting on the 20th Feb at a private hospital. Oucchh.
I will make a "will" leaving my collection to all the members on the forum if the anesthetic Dr doesnt like me ! Stay tuned for the surprise other title once i decide. I sort of got bored collecting older dmd pinnys, so why not look at a few new sterns this year to finish off. there goes the superannuation.   i will also sell some to buy some i think. maybe smarter to do that given the economic climate is a bit euro.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:16:18 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
a few people chasing Avatars,,, not sure why  !@#