Author Topic: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball  (Read 8787 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
It is based on the books that are a prequel to the LOTR trilogy. There will be no obtuse use of blood and gore, these are fantasy stories like LOTR and are aimed at most ages.
This movie has had more dramas than the Labor party....NO-ONE  wanted to commit to direct, it has had more possible directors linked to it than you can throw a stick at. Jackson only ever wanted to produce it but had to step in to direct otherwise the entire project was going to be shelved.
I think the movie will be a big turkey after viewing the trailers but it does have a very big and nerdy fanbase that will flock to see it regardless becuase of the LOTR series.

Like the AC/DC pinball, the end result won't matter that much, because people are buying in to the franchise no matter what. If it's half decent it will do well.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »
It is based on the books that are a prequel to the LOTR trilogy. There will be no obtuse use of blood and gore, these are fantasy stories like LOTR and are aimed at most ages.
This movie has had more dramas than the Labor party....NO-ONE  wanted to commit to direct, it has had more possible directors linked to it than you can throw a stick at. Jackson only ever wanted to produce it but had to step in to direct otherwise the entire project was going to be shelved.
I think the movie will be a big turkey after viewing the trailers but it does have a very big and nerdy fanbase that will flock to see it regardless becuase of the LOTR series.

Like the AC/DC pinball, the end result won't matter that much, because people are buying in to the franchise no matter what. If it's half decent it will do well.

Yeah your prob right, I was talking more about the movie than the pin.
The pin may sell very well but I doubt it will create the same hype that acdc has.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
There is no doubt, that the HOBIT pinball would be ordered up bigtime to place onsite to take coin. It will no doubt double/triple the run at least of WOZ.

It is a given that JJP will sell a few thousand with pre-orders without even trying. If it looks n feels LOTR, it will sell. JJP knows that a few thousand hard core pinball collectors world wide will just order 1 x of anything they make without any details except the title. Alot of people are financially comfortable, and just will add a extra JJP title per annum.

Accordingly, the HOBIT is already a huge success without JJP even trying. All the start up costs have been paid for with WOZ. The rest now is pure cream.
Got to love the capital democracy of $$. lol  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Whatever happened to Elvira III ?
Perhaps awesome hooters only come in pairs?
I sincerely hope JJ gets away from fairyland and into some ballsy titles like the ones you guys have suggested.
I sincerely think that WOZ will be a truly formidable machine, but the follow up will fly much better if it's a radical departure from tamesville.

"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »

The pin may sell very well but I doubt it will create the same hype that acdc has.

I was talking about the movies too, but it probably applies to the pin as well if it gets made.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »

I was talking about the movies too, but it probably applies to the pin as well if it gets made.

Ooops sorry mate I read it the wrong way.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
Not taking anything away from those in the know (This forum has been great with past predictions), but has Jersey Jack actually commited to The Hobbit?
I know he's said he'd love to get the license for it, but as far as I'm aware it's still only a rumour.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
I was told that Stern was outbid for the Hobit licence by JJP, and the person who mentioned to me has had discussions with Jack directly about making the Hobit.

Accordingly, one would assume that JJP will want to do something with it now. The movie will sell like LOTR did, so i reckon the Hobit will be a hot pinny licence as well given the artwork is done properly on the machine. Even if he sells 1000 units only, he is making profit given his production line will be up n running.

I just hope Stern and JJP have a price war now so we all get new pinnys for less.  *%*
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
I sincerely hope JJ gets away from fairyland and into some ballsy titles like the ones you guys have suggested.
I sincerely think that WOZ will be a truly formidable machine, but the follow up will fly much better if it's a radical departure from tamesville.

On a Spooky Podcast late last year, they spoke for a while to the Elvira girl (terrible I can't remember name just her features), and it sounded like was going to happen - we can only hope they are quietly working on it now.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »

I can't remember name just her features

Cassandra Peterson. Was nicely put together back in the day.....

http://connect.in.com/cassandra-peterson/photos-48687-454261.html#image_button
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 07:38:13 AM »
From Jack's forum

I sent a few distributors an e mail as a heads up and to discuss what
we would be doing in the next few weeks. One version of the e mail was
posted on a Forum yesterday.
We did the LE games because literally hundreds of people want them.
They want their same game number on our licensed game #2.
What makes it an LE - some of that will be decided here by all of you.
I'm going to be looking for your input and ideas. We cannot
incorporate all of them but its important to me.
The returning buyers get their same game numbers if they want them. I
had to put a timeline on this because there are hundreds, yes,
hundreds of people who want to get into our game #2 but I need and
want to give the loyal JJP customer base the chance to reserve their
same number first.
Deposits will be refundable and just in this last 24 hours, with the
volume of e mails and phone calls I have received, this 1,500 game LE
run will be gone in a lot less time than 1,000 ECLEWOZ games went.
Our primary focus right now is to get WOZ out the door and into your
hands. That's what we are focused on.
Timing of all of this was not my first choice but it is what it is and
I realize once again how thankful we are to be in this together.
Our e mails will go out later today. As always call or e mail me
directly if you have questions.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 07:48:16 AM »
INSIDE ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR NEXT GAME:

Now that we have produced a game, the natural question we keep being asked is what game is next. I wanted to hold off on talking about the next game until we had real first game - WOZ, which we certainly have. At IAAPA we told some customers that our next game will be The Hobbit Pinball Machine and the excitement was off the charts. International distributors expressed a strong interest and some made place-holder orders on the spot.

With that, we are now accepting pre-orders for the Limited Edition version. The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.

The game will be a full-featured wide body with the "bells and whistles" you have come to expect from a JJP game. Keith will be programming the game as he did with LOTR Pinball as well. More details will follow with the public announcement in a few weeks but it will not disappoint!

As a buyer of ECLEWOZ you now have the opportunity to reserve your same game number(s) as you have now for The Hobbit LE Pinball which will have 1,000 Limited Edition games as before but we added 500 games for the European market. (game numbers 1001-1500). The price for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball is $7,500 on a Pre-Order basis and we have a payment plan that spans until mid 2014 as the game ships. We need to start this now to ride the wave of publicity for the first Hobbit movie which opens in a few weeks on December 14th and in order to give everyone enough time with the payment plan.

The Payment Schedule is as follows:

$500 - NOW

$1000 February 15, 2013 - (Price changes to $8000.00)

$1500 May 15, 2013

$1500 September 15, 2013

$1000 January 15, 2014

$1000 April 15, 2014

$1000 July 15, 2014 – Delivery

The price will change on Feb 15th 2013 if LE’s are still available to $8,000.00. We expect The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine to sell out completely in less time than ECLEWOZ sold out! After all, everyone can now see the type of quality games we are building and our second game will move along much faster than our first game did and we must ship this game as the third movie hits the theaters!

A refundable deposit of $500 placed by December 15, 2012 will secure your Hobbit LE Pinball with the same game number you have now for your ECLEWOZ. Any order paid in full will have their freight charges (up to $400) paid by JJP.

Only paid in full buyers of ECLEWOZ will be able to reserve The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machines at this time.

We have a huge interest from selected distributors we discussed this with at IAAPA to get The Hobbit LE Pinball and certain game numbers. Some of them missed out on ECLEWOZ and don't want to miss this one too. That's why we have this time frame to help you decide before releasing unreserved game numbers to other buyers after December 15, 2012.

This is not a public announcement or press release but rather a courtesy offer to you as a valued and loyal JJP buyer. We will not take orders from the public until all current JJP buyers have had an opportunity to decide on The Hobbit LE Pinball as those people would be asking for game numbers from current JJP buyers and that would not be fair to you. JJP and WOZ Pinball would not be possible without you and we appreciate your loyalty and patience as we created a real pinball manufacturing company!

Remember also that some people did not order ECLEWOZ and are waiting for the long rumored public announcement of The Hobbit Pinball Machine from us to place their orders.

If you would like to place your Pre Order for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine, just e mailJen@JerseyJackPinball.com or Katie@JerseyJackPinball.com and they will take your order. You can also call them at (732) 364-9900 ext 203 (Jen) ext 202 (Katie) or call me directly toll free at (800) 473-5225 if you need additional information.

It's a very, very exciting time for all of us at JJP and for Pinball. We are thankful that you had the confidence and belief in our Team to create a wonderful game for you with The Wizard of Oz Pinball. There is so much more to come and soon!

Jack Guarnieri
President & CEO
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »
So, Jack want us to pa a deposit and first payment even before anyone received their WoZ?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 08:33:58 AM »
I have no idea at all what a 'Hobbit' actually is???

That in itself should ring alarm bells as to just how super crap this theme/title is........

Amazing stupidity!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Its a book i read aged approx 10..