Author Topic: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball  (Read 8790 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2015, 10:59:52 AM »
Reality has never matched the words that have come from JJP

Will wait and see what actually happens

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »
Did he ever explain what happened to the first investor he announced he had partnered with back in the WOZ days?  That fell through I think but he never said anything about it.

Good for pinball that he finally got someone to tip some $$'s in because I sure as hell didn't believe The Hobbit delays were only because of playfield redesign and vendor delays.  Well, of course the vendor is going to delay if they don't have payment.

The whole situation sure looked like a company strapped for cash.  With the Predator and Jpop garbage I don't think there was any way he was going to be able to  use the proposed Lawlor pin to give him the cashflow to complete The Hobbit orders.  Only thing to do would be drag it out and keep building WOZ's as new orders for them trickled in and slowly get the cash flow from that, no point building mainly fully paid Hobbits if cash is scarce.  Then hope/look for a white knight/investor.

I'm guessing any investor got equity and I'm not sure why JJP would give that away if things are all rosy and he was on the cusp of being a fully sustainable business.

Anyhow, hopefully it's good news for Hobbit preorders, good news for JJP and therefore good news for pinball in general.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2015, 12:32:36 PM »
It would be interesting to know what $ Jack has put into this whole pinball venture.

How many millions ? And how much of his personal wealth has gone into it ?
Has he made any profit or is he majorly in the red cause his set up costs would be huge and I can't see him earning any real profit for 3 to 5 titles if he was lucky.

I hope they grown n stay alive but it's been a very long and hard n dangerous yellow brick road so far.

Ironically, the story of JJP is very much like the Woz movie.
Headed down a road with big surprises and delays n great things at every turn.
Life imitates art sometime.

Jack was a brave man to put it all on the line. Both his reputation and his $.
So far he is still alive and has produced and now has more capital.
That's a good position to be in compared to a collapse which I am glad hasn't happened.

I saw a Woz 75th recently at a friends home. Amazing pin.
If the next one is as good or close, they have done well.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
Did he ever explain what happened to the first investor he announced he had partnered with back in the WOZ days?  That fell through I think but he never said anything about it.

Good for pinball that he finally got someone to tip some $$'s in because I sure as hell didn't believe The Hobbit delays were only because of playfield redesign and vendor delays.  Well, of course the vendor is going to delay if they don't have payment.

The whole situation sure looked like a company strapped for cash.  With the Predator and Jpop garbage I don't think there was any way he was going to be able to  use the proposed Lawlor pin to give him the cashflow to complete The Hobbit orders.  Only thing to do would be drag it out and keep building WOZ's as new orders for them trickled in and slowly get the cash flow from that, no point building mainly fully paid Hobbits if cash is scarce.  Then hope/look for a white knight/investor.

I'm guessing any investor got equity and I'm not sure why JJP would give that away if things are all rosy and he was on the cusp of being a fully sustainable business.

Anyhow, hopefully it's good news for Hobbit preorders, good news for JJP and therefore good news for pinball in general.

Good relevant fact based observations there Slash.  ^^^

On the financial side the only people who are privy to that sort of information would be Jack, his accountant/attorney and the investors themselves so it would pointless trying to speculate and make any kind of ass umptions as to the company's current profitability status per unit, particularly when it relates to ass umptions about his personal assets and investment in said company.

As long as there is some form of viable competition to keep Stern on their toes (whether it be a major competitor or a series of boutiques) and prevent pinball slipping back into mediocrity.

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
Looks like this is finally on the production line:

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »
Anyone have any updates on this machine? I haven't really been following very closely but it looks interesting.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2016, 12:54:59 AM »
Jacks JJP website should have some up to date news about the machine because they have been incl links on FBook to recent news & developments about this title.

I do know that the game had some major revisions both playfield toy/features based stuff and shot features to make the game more action packed and more bang for your buck. The benefit of the extremely long development time this 2nd title had was that Jack listened to a lot of feedback & made a lot of the changes & additions his customers asked for.

I am betting Jack has got this machines basics & complicated stuff a lot more sorted having learnt a steep learning curve with WOZ.
Jack has said that maybe they over promised and under delivered on their first title but if you have played & seen a recent example/build of WOZ than you would most likely feel that the WOZ title definately delivered for those who waited for series 2 machines cause the latest incarnation/final delivery of WOZ is superb. Theme aside, the game is world class even though I mostly like the theme personally.

I think the Hobbitt machine will be a great machine.
I never buy series one of anything cause I like the bugs ironed out of my technology with series 2 models, and I think Hobbitt will be pretty special to play.

Personally, if 2016 shapes up to be another great year, I would hand over the hard early $ and buy a 75th Anniversary WOZ and a Hobbit later mid to onwards run/built game.
Having those two titles in any persons collection would be hard to refuse because they would be great to have & play if the purchase price is right on the pair.

Has anyone on this forum ordered or expecting a Hobbitt or WOZ machine ?
It would be great to here other people's ideas & plans for anything JJP for 2016.
I am betting Hobbitt will be a awesome game to own or play.

Also, the PinballNews site/Martin had a great article about Hobbitt. Worth the read for sure.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !