Author Topic: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball  (Read 8789 times)

Offline Discodan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Hobbit Jersey Jack Pinball
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
They are only the primary characters in the 3rd largest selling books (Lord of the Rings) of all time (the bible is number 1, can't remember number 2). I think most people on the  street will know what a Hobbit is

I have no idea at all what a 'Hobbit' actually is???

That in itself should ring alarm bells as to just how super crap this theme/title is........

Amazing stupidity!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »

The Hobbit was just about the first Computer Game I ever owned (Commodore 64). Everyone my age has read the books or knows the story. So the decision to go with "The Hobbit" makes sense. You get the older generation, the kids and also the movie goers. Good Strategy - and not too late.

We REALLY need a theme aimed at the collector base. A horror or Sci Fi theme. Prometheus would have been an awesome title.

But I can understand JJP wants to reach as many customers as possible to build up the cash and reputation. Hence WOZ and Hobbit.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »
Well I've never heard of it/them and I'm certain that I'm not the only one........................

They are only the primary characters in the 3rd largest selling books (Lord of the Rings) of all time (the bible is number 1, can't remember number 2). I think most people on the  street will know what a Hobbit is

I have no idea at all what a 'Hobbit' actually is???

That in itself should ring alarm bells as to just how super crap this theme/title is........

Amazing stupidity!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
I first thought this pinny might go really well, but if the movie isnt recieved well, what will JJP do ? pull the pin on it, or has the licence cost too much....do Harry Potter style fans like playing pinball, cause the Hobbitt is about as soft as Harry Potter as far as storyline and demographics i would have thought judging by recent youtube trailers ?....without blood n guts n war scenes like in the Lord of the Rings movies with the orcs n other monsters constantly, wont this be aimed at kids at the movies...kids dont buy pinball machines...adults do....

Put it this way,,,,any adults here rushing out to watch the Hobbitt movie when it hits the cinemas without their kids ?....if the answer from the majority is a big NO< the pinball title may be in trouble....unless JJP gets plenty of pre-orders, then it wont matter unless the movie is a stinker.

JJP cant survive on 1 thousand units only each 2 years surely ?....maybe they need 2 titles per year minimum...?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:24:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:04:09 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Of course stern would have made this title,
its a typical stern title and history is evidence of this.

seems gary was a bit slow on this one. and i bet he is fuming right now about this.

I am happy that Stern are not doing this title and are doing Avengers instead, having said that it would have been very interesting to see what JJP would have done with the Avengers if they had the licence.
As for the Hobbit movies, I have no doubt that they will do well at the box office. I am not a fan of lotr or the hobbit but there are plenty of people out there who are and will rush to this new trilogy.
Having it's release at xmas, the same time the lotr films were released as well will definately help box office sales. I am indifferent on the pin, it does not faze me at all.
I will wait for JJP#3 to see if they can announce a title that will make me want to spend the $$$.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:03:33 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »
can the admin merge these threads together its getting tiresome having conversations over three threads.

I've closed the "runour" one and redirected members to this thread, not sure what the other one is you are worried about.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
[ <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:02:20 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »

I see, that's a little off the same topic I think, will let that one run its course.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 06:29:51 PM »
I asked a few people who did buy a Woz if they were going to buy The Hobbit as well
five out of six said they would not be buying The Hobbit (myself included)

Price being the main issue
nor are people happy about being aske to pay a deposit on TH when WoZ has not shipped

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
I asked a few people who did buy a Woz if they were going to buy The Hobbit as well

nor are people happy about being aske to pay a deposit on TH when WoZ has not shipped

That is a big ask wanting people to pay a deposit on the 2nd title and the 1st title isn't even released yet.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »

That is a big ask wanting people to pay a deposit on the 2nd title and the 1st title isn't even released yet.

Peter

Massive ask, quite rude actually imo. They should have had woz out and about for at least a month or so before the smelly little hobbit was revealed.
I wish JJP all the best but they need to pick the production act up big time.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »

Peter

Massive ask, quite rude actually imo. They should have had woz out and about for at least a month or so before the smelly little hobbit was revealed.
I wish JJP all the best but they need to pick the production act up big time.

I think it is gambling with WOZ customers' goodwill if you ask me. They are gambling that enough people will be interested in a Hobbit pin separate to those who purchased WOZ that cheesing off a few WOZ customers won't hurt them. While this may work, it is a strategy that could easily backfire.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 01:30:31 AM »
it is seperating the pinfans from the fanboys