Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 18743 times)

Offline Ant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #780 on: March 18, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
I am loving my new Avengers blue LE. I find the Ironman shots are the hardest so far.
It does kick my butt sometimes, so then I start another game and kick it's butt %.%

Anyway going back to have a few more games.
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #781 on: March 18, 2013, 11:33:03 PM »
well done, dont forget some photos n a video when u find time.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #782 on: March 18, 2013, 11:49:17 PM »
well done, dont forget some photos n a video when u find time.  ^^^

Will do but I want some mods on it first.
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #783 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
I like these 2 x photos from the Texas Pinball Show.

4 Avenger Pros all side by side
4 Avenger Blue LE side by side with a green HULK next to them

Curiously, none of them have yellow Tournament Buttons ?  !@#   maybe we are spoilt downunder...

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #784 on: March 19, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
I like the KISS t-shirt also lol and yep the lineup looks great go avengers :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #785 on: March 19, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »
after seeing the bright red LED dot matrix displays on the Avenger Blue LE models, I am wondering if a blue dmd wouldnt be too much blue ??

have a look at the photo above and see if u can see what i see ?? red sticks out well, maybe blue would get lost with all the other blue ??

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #786 on: March 20, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
Personally I like the Red DMD's.

The old orange one's just look old and flat now.

Blue DMD on Blue Avengers ....um

Green DMD looks cool on Hulk

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #787 on: March 26, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Is there the smaller aux driver board as well?  I know ACDCs had many issues with transistors shorting causing similar issues

There were no burnt Mosfets and it looks like my Avenger had a faulty coil. I hope this was not a bad batch of coils but in my case the coil failed due to overheating. Rod will come back with the part as the gate mechanism was locked by burnt plastic.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #788 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
Stern and George Gomez have announced a Service pack for Avengers to deal with a few issues some people are having with the launch ramp moving slightly, and the top ball gate not locking 100 percent of the time when it is supposed to.
These are very minor things, and most people (IF) they have had these issues are making adjustments n fixing the little things themselves, but the physical service pack is something they will be sending out to those people who dont want to fiddle without a factory answer/fix.

The last Stern model to have a service pack was Transformers, also a George Gomez title.  #@# #@#
Something tells me something got rushed towards the very end of both Transformers n now Avengers, and a few minor tweaks have been required on some machines only. Its not the end of the world, but one would think with computer technology these days, these things should have been caught before production (remember the captain america inserts also on the Pro). No huge biggie, it will get fixed like everything else, and Avengers is still a excellent title, but some early units have had a hassle. Perhaps current and future production models will have these issues produced out of them with factory fixes/service pack added before shipping.

If I hear anything on what the service pack includes, i will post straight away.  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #789 on: March 26, 2013, 08:56:01 PM »
Stern and George Gomez have announced a Service pack for Avengers to deal with a few issues some people are having with the launch ramp moving slightly, and the top ball gate not locking 100 percent of the time when it is supposed to.
These are very minor things, and most people (IF) they have had these issues are making adjustments n fixing the little things themselves, but the physical service pack is something they will be sending out to those people who dont want to fiddle without a factory answer/fix.

The last Stern model to have a service pack was Transformers, also a George Gomez title.  #@# #@#
Something tells me something got rushed towards the very end of both Transformers n now Avengers, and a few minor tweaks have been required on some machines only. Its not the end of the world, but one would think with computer technology these days, these things should have been caught before production (remember the captain america inserts also on the Pro). No huge biggie, it will get fixed like everything else, and Avengers is still a excellent title, but some early units have had a hassle. Perhaps current and future production models will have these issues produced out of them with factory fixes/service pack added before shipping.

If I hear anything on what the service pack includes, i will post straight away.  ^^^

:tumble: :tumble: Yes we know .. we always did know.. it what we expected  :tumble: :tumble:

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #790 on: March 26, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »
I am not as good as predicting the future as others, my crystal ball is on the blink this week, so I just had to reply on Sterns announcement rather than guessing if and when the service pack was to be released.  %$%

Perhaps u could let us know whats in the service pack ahead of time as well.......................... !@#
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:16:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #791 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:28 PM »
Got the Australian import numbers direct from AMD for X Men machines a few days back. I am sure they don't mind me sharing.

Aprox 10 x X Men Pro
Aprox 30 LE machines, being aprox 15 Magneto Red, 15 Wolverine Blue. Total.

I think a lot of people were still paying off $$ ACDC machines which probably hurt the sales/request numbers a lot cause X Men is a very excellent title.

Also, I emailed Stern directly 3 days ago about any future plans for another X Men run. The answer was not at this stage cause soo busy with so many other titles, but they do have stock/parts to do more when required of the X Men Pro's. That's good news versus never again.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #792 on: February 25, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
April 23. New Avengers movie coming out in theatres.

Wonder if Stern will ever do a vault edition of Avengers Pro ?