Author Topic: Star Trek - Stern 2013  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Star Trek - Stern 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
I think alot of people are underestimating the amount of Star Trek fans out there.

And I have to totally disagree with the bar bit about a Star Trek machine being dorky, or seen as dorky. Thats a huge under-estimation of how many people think Sci-Fi stuff is very very cool.

If u ask 100 people are they into Star Trek or Sci-Fi space stuff, 50 percent will say yes, 50 percent will say no. Therefore, if u went to a place that serves alcohol, u would find out of the ten blokes u went with, half would be happy to play the pinball machine, and would see it as very cool.

Also, I understand what some people say about Batman, or Spiderman, or Superman being movie remakes, or Star Trek being a remake, or even movies like Zombie movies/shows even like the walking dead etc, but u have to remember every 10 years a new generation of many many hundreds of millions of people worldwide go from being kids to teenagers or young adults.

So whilst us 30 or 40 year olds have been around to see 2 or 3 or more superman movies etc, this new generation has not, and thats why they still keep getting made, because they, the studios, or pinball makers, or even toy makers, know they can bank roll anything because the profits are there for the hundreds of millions of new people world wide who are happy to spend on a title/theme which they havent seen before.
This is why remakes make money and will continue to do so for many generations to come. Dont forget Stern wants to get new blood into collecting pinball machines, hence some of these remakes like Star Trek are aimed at 40 yr old trekky fans like me, and the young bloke who is say 20 or 25 who thinks Star Trek is cool as well.

You have to look at the bigger picture, then it all makes sense !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !