Author Topic: Daniel and Nick do HH  (Read 1375 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Daniel and Nick do HH
« on: July 13, 2009, 12:04:16 AM »
Just a couple of before and after shots of the basement. Everything on this game is corroded, so lots of Ranex, polishing and buffing happening! Big kudos to Daniel who has come up with a bunch of parts we're using to replace the worst of the metal.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

pinballist

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Daniel and Nick do HH
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:31 AM »
Wow that sure is rusty!!

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:40:25 AM »
Quite a lot of elbow grease must have been used to make her shine like new again. Top job.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:42:01 AM by Replicas »

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:27:33 AM »
man you have got plenty of work ahead of you, but she's gonna shine like new, it will be all worth it in the end.
looking good so far. ^^^

Ian

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:10 AM »
Kudos to you!

You are braver than I am! - Is this the one mark had for sale? (I had my eye on it too).

Keep the pics coming please!

Shane.
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:46:26 AM »
Kudos to you!

You are braver than I am! - Is this the one mark had for sale? (I had my eye on it too).

Keep the pics coming please!

Shane.

Pretty sure it was the one Mark C had for sale.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
Is this the one mark had for sale? (I had my eye on it too).

It is Shane. I almost said no,  then decided that the challenge of making this one shine again was attractive. Then I got it home and decided I was right the first time and should have said no! Then Daniel came around and was all enthusiastic about what we could do with it - which infected me!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:58:37 AM »
Quite a lot of elbow grease must have been used to make her shine like new again. Top job.

Daniel did a whole pile of parts, and showed me what he could so with a buffing wheel, so I grabbed one too and did some more. Amazing how well some have come up.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »

Will watch with interest - This will be a fantastic restore. Will be fun buying and installing flipper kits for this machine !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »

Will watch with interest - This will be a fantastic restore. Will be fun buying and installing flipper kits for this machine !

Hehe, you might qualify for the discount at PBR with all 8 flippers..Here I was getting tired after doing only a lazy 6!

This is going to be a great machine and will turn out terrific.  Can't wait for more photos.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »

Hehe, you might qualify for the discount at PBR with all 8 flippers..Here I was getting tired after doing only a lazy 6!

This is going to be a great machine and will turn out terrific.  Can't wait for more photos.

I'll be clearing our PBR with 14 Flippers when I do HH and Spirit ! So you guys better place your orders now !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »
I'll be clearing our PBR with 14 Flippers when I do HH and Spirit ! So you guys better place your orders now !

Too late mate! Already ordered my sets last week (along with most of the rest of what we'll need). Looks like might also have something to sort the artwork on the basement on its way too.

Hey Spamways, you mentioned in another thread you would have some playfield plastics available for the game - that offer still standing?

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »
It is Shane. I almost said no,  then decided that the challenge of making this one shine again was attractive. Then I got it home and decided I was right the first time and should have said no! Then Daniel came around and was all enthusiastic about what we could do with it - which infected me!

I was looking at it for a first up machine - would have been a bit overkill... (i.e. would have killed myself!)  &^&

I was told there isn't many good HH's left? Glad to see this old girl brought back from the grave!

Anyway, not going to take over your thread - I will shut-up and watch!

S.
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:04:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure PBR has plastics for the HH (all 3) at $190US...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure PBR has plastics for the HH (all 3) at $190US...
                                                                                                                                                                     TM
They do Marty, but I only need a couple so as this is an AP project (well so far me, Daniel and Ian) I think Spamways     had better make good with his offer to join the fun! Surprisingly, most of the plastics are really good - they don't rust!