Author Topic: GTB Spin-A-Card 1969 Restore  (Read 852 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: GTB Spin-A-Card 1969 Restore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
Morning Evro i havnt polished your Bumper Brackets yet im a bit scared that there only brass plated  !@#  Ill do a test spot on the inside and see how it goes if it is only thin plating did you want me to polish them up shiny silver?

pinballist

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
I know how busy you are Daniel, so please there's no rush and yes you are right all of this stuff that looks brass is actually just brass plated.  Mate I'll leave it up to you.  I think the brass plating is actually quite strong, however, if you a get some silver coming through... oh well, there's worse things that can happen in life - don't sweat it :)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

It is looking great so far Evro - Very good results for a pin of this vintage. You certainly have the patience - which is a key attribute with EMs.

From memory, this machine has a small section where the paint lifted from the contact removal. What are your plans to repair that ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

pinballist

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »
From memory, this machine has a small section where the paint lifted from the contact removal. What are your plans to repair that ?

I've never done this before, however, my preferred method is to take a photo of the affected area, repair the damage in Photoshop then print it out on clear waterslide inkjet paper. There are areas on the PF where there is paint fade (yellowing) where there was no mylar and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that.  Perhaps I'll attempt to use the touch-up painting technique that I saw in Darksoul's Pin-Restoration DVDs.  I really don't know but will need to consider carefully because I don't want to f*ck this up.

I'm pretty sure once the PF restoration is done I will CC it with the methods shown in that Space Shuttle restore.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »
Get the white waterslide decal paper for touchups as the printer cant print white and the colours come out all different with the clear....I made that mistake...use the clear paper for insert decals ect...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

pinballist

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip Paul, I might pop into Officeworks today and see if they sell the white stuff.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 11:08:25 AM »
Clear decal can be used if you paint the area white first where the decal is to go, if your brave enough (or silly enough some might say  :lol ) to do it of course!! I did this on my Stern Lectronamo playfield with pretty good results *%*

There is a thread in here on this pf with before and after pics somewhere (restorations). I dont know how to post a link to the thread, otherwise i would do so.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:14:24 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
Thanks for the tip Paul, I might pop into Officeworks today and see if they sell the white stuff.
Evro, Save youre fuel -Office works dont have them.
I get mine from here.http://www.thecopiercompany.com.au/products.asp?id=84
Kev
pinballaustralia.com