Author Topic: Rumor Kiss Pinball 2013 LCD  (Read 1365 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Rumor Kiss Pinball 2013 LCD
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
This is being talked up in America as a 2013 release with LCD screen now that's a title I'd buy imagine concert footage playing on the LCD screen now that's a great theme where do I pre order ?? remember AC/DC was a rumor 12 months before it was released !!

Peter
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:26:57 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Rumor Kiss Pinball 2013 LCD
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
Boring
Kiss has been done, great art, crap game

Wish somebody would pick a theme that did not exist 10 years ago

X-men, old  (((
AC/DC, old (((
Woz, old (((
Tron, old (((
Rolling Stones, old (((
Star Trek, old (((
Batman, old (((
Spiderman, old (((
THe Hobit, old (((

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:04:44 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Boring

X-men, old  (((
AC/DC, old (((
Woz, old (((
Tron, old (((
Rolling Stones, old (((
Star Trek, old (((
Batman, old (((
Spiderman, old (((
THe Hobit, old (((

+1

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
Boring

X-men, old  (((
AC/DC, old (((
Woz, old (((
Tron, old (((
Rolling Stones, old (((
Star Trek, old (((
Batman, old (((
Spiderman, old (((
THe Hobit, old (((

Could not agree more. The only problem is - kids don't play pinball. The theme needs to be a part of our generation. I can't see a Pokemon Pinball, Ben 10 pinball or a One Direction pinball. Kids have their heads stuck on facebook or their mobile phones. Music pinballs USUALLY do very well. The only exception is both Rolling Stones games - they are both failures. KISS, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Maybe Aerosmith, Bon Jovi or Metallica. Take your pick.

The demand for the 1978 KISS pinball has not changed for 10 years. I still get asked at least once a week - heck, even the postman saw one in my garage and asked me a price. Makes no difference that it is a lame player, it's the theme, it is the band. KISS fans are the most loyal fanbase on the planet. Even the current lineup with only two original members is still selling out arenas. You just need to understand the fanbase.

Stern know this. KISS knocked back the project 4 years ago, because they wanted a better royalty deal (from a KISS source, not a Pinball source).

I'd buy this title "sight unseen", and I'd buy at least two more and leave them in boxes as my retirement fund.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
There are times I want to give up this hobby
I want something new, something fresh
not refried ideas of the past

Thank goodnes I suppose the internet did not exist in the EM days
Ohh, a Card themed game
Ohh, a cowboy game
10 pin bowling?
another card theme
anothe cowboy game

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »

Ohh, a Card themed game
Ohh, a cowboy game
10 pin bowling?
another card theme
anothe cowboy game

There's no fresh ideas. No creativity. I've said many times that we need a Cirqus Voltaire / Monsterbash theme - something NOT licensed.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
Boring

X-men, old  (((
AC/DC, old (((
Woz, old (((
Tron, old (((
Rolling Stones, old (((
Star Trek, old (((
Batman, old (((
Spiderman, old (((
THe Hobit, old (((

Could not agree more. The only problem is - kids don't play pinball. The theme needs to be a part of our generation. I can't see a Pokemon Pinball, Ben 10 pinball or a One Direction pinball. Kids have their heads stuck on facebook or their mobile phones. Music pinballs USUALLY do very well. The only exception is both Rolling Stones games - they are both failures. KISS, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Maybe Aerosmith, Bon Jovi or Metallica. Take your pick.

The demand for the 1978 KISS pinball has not changed for 10 years. I still get asked at least once a week - heck, even the postman saw one in my garage and asked me a price. Makes no difference that it is a lame player, it's the theme, it is the band. KISS fans are the most loyal fanbase on the planet. Even the current lineup with only two original members is still selling out arenas. You just need to understand the fanbase.

Stern know this. KISS knocked back the project 4 years ago, because they wanted a better royalty deal (from a KISS source, not a Pinball source).

I'd buy this title "sight unseen", and I'd buy at least two more and leave them in boxes as my retirement fund.

but a good marketing team could change that, it doesnt have to be that way any more, shit when i was a kid if you rode around on your older brothers 1980's skate board you were a povo and uncool because you couldnt afford a skateboard with two kicks on it. lol now kids are paying hundreds of dollars for these old retro crap boards now. retro is in, why Stern arent capitalizing on this i dont know. with out good marketing I-phones wouldnt sell. its purely down to sterns marketing imo, and they continually market to those who are already in the hobby, not getting new people in.

Never never never have i had a rep to my shop asking if id place a pinball, yet i have had every single other type of machine offered. who the hell sells these things seriously?? thats the question i get asked daily by having a sited pinball. no one knows about who sells pinball machines outside of the hobby

Its not hard for them to make pinball cool again, shit pay that bitch with the fat ass Kadashian to play with a pinball on her stupid show one time, and bingo every kid will want one, thats how every one else does it
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:09:27 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »

Ohh, a Card themed game
Ohh, a cowboy game
10 pin bowling?
another card theme
anothe cowboy game

LOL- absolutely. I steer clear of cowboy themed EMs.. might be the best player ever but i just dont like cowboys... funny isnt it.. roll on 50 - 60 years and cowboys are for queers. Im sure back then they were very manly and all that..LOL.

You forgot to add the horse themed EM... snooze..snooze...snooze

I guess all these themes were entertainment back then.. no internet etc.

A pin that would really make a hit with the kids is if they had lots of drops with letters on them... they could text the machine up the road. Special could be the smiley emitocons.

I see ACDC  machines sitting neglected in arcades cos noone plays them.. why?? Who gives a crap about ACDC?.. patrons here are bloody 8 years of age through to about 17... far out.. last thing they want  is anything to do with mums and dads generation... its all so so bloody boring.
My boy was in Target today.. wants th elatest Spiderman toys thats on the shelves BEFORE the film comes out. Shops know they have a limited time run on these before its all yesterdays toy.. cash in while you can and then move on... its all over before Stern or anyone can release the title... so bugger film licenced themes.
Pinball has been dead for a long time... it survives on a thread based on us silly buggers with more money than sense and it has failed to move with the times, thats why it flounders still struggling to find its market to this day.
The interactive LCD screen may just save it if its interactive enough.. fighting arcade machines still do well.. not one was empty at Sunnybank when i went there.. the LCD screen in the PF just may be able to integrate the two entities well... oh and if you want pinball in an arcade again.. then make sure it spits out tickets that can be swapped for toys at the end... theres no reward in pinball and the kids aint interested in playing for nix

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
if i was trying to design a binball for arcades that would get arcades to buy pinballs, it would be based on a game,
but a game that would suit pinball and has cult following but is also known by regular punters.
it would be networked to social media or what not posting scores to your page whitest advertising it,much in the way Playstation and xbox do it.
Id probably go with a theme like "assassins Creed" or something like that.
i would say games like call of duty that are massive but wouldn't suit pinball imo. they need to start making pinballs that arcades would actually like, and not movies as a movie once left the cinemas is yesterdays news, they need to have the cool appeal but have more than 6months shelf life on them.
and titles themed like that also aren't subject to age, as its popular with young and older, and is recognized  by all. that title is just an example as to what sort of avenues they could go down. its more of an arcade machine than home, and more in acades being played the more popular pinball is. and if you see your mate getting a thing sent to his social media count showing a score you would be thinking "how do i get that?"
and then you have the added bonus of being in bed with a brand like ubi soft who more than likely would be marketing their title also.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:29:37 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »
Pinball will die with this generation, enjoy it while you can.
I agree with Gav, kids don't give a toss about pins and when they become adults chasing things from a childhood they yearn for it will not be a pinball machine.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »
I know it is a licensed theme but I have mentioned this before - Scooby Doo.  That mutt is timeless.  I loved him as a kid and my kids love him as well.  Heaps and heaps of scope to play with ghosty type toys on the machine, collect scooby snacks and clues to solve the various mysteries that they could have as modes.  Really concentrate on Daphne's assets like the good old pin artwork used to do e.g. Strikes and Spares backglass.  The machine would HAVE to be modelled on the cartoon and not the movies like Flintstones was.

Addicted to pins.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
I know it is a licensed theme but I have mentioned this before - Scooby Doo.  That mutt is timeless.  I loved him as a kid and my kids love him as well.  Heaps and heaps of scope to play with ghosty type toys on the machine, collect scooby snacks and clues to solve the various mysteries that they could have as modes.  Really concentrate on Daphne's assets like the good old pin artwork used to do e.g. Strikes and Spares backglass.  The machine would HAVE to be modelled on the cartoon and not the movies like Flintstones was.
Hell yes please, I have my money saved for this one. People laugh when I say this would be a GREAT  ^^^ theme but bring it on.
So many unique ideas come to mind with ALL the characters in this cartoon, it would put those bloody super heroes to shame and most Importantly you would be laughing/smiling while playing this.
I still have the hots for Thelma with those chunky glasses , re he he he !  $#$
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »
Maybe JJP could do Scooby Doo, it would make sense after a lame title like woz to follow it up with a equally lame title like scooby doo.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
Maybe JJP could do Scooby Doo, it would make sense after a lame title like woz to follow it up with a equally lame title like scooby doo.

C'mon Moo Man, nothing could be as lame as the WOZ buddy. 

Scooby is still relevant and when considering a theme that could entice new players i.e. kids and also accommodate oldies as well, I am struggling to think of anything else that could bridge the generation gap like good ol' Scoob could.  It potentially be a great family friendly machine with the capabilities of also having a some more adult settings involving the chicky babes.  Can't do that with WOZ.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 12:11:45 AM »
I can see Scooby Doo as a workable pin theme.. i dont like it  ( apart from Daphne.. i fancied her at a very young age) but i can see it working.
Bottom line is that its all business... Stern have what i consider to be a guaranteed return from licenced themes and i cant see them breaking away from that, i figure that gary Stern counts himselk lucky if he can squeeze another 5 - 10 years from pinball... i also figure that he would like to think that pinball died with his demise.. when he carks it so does pinball. What a great epitaph!
Along comes Jack and puts a spanner in the works for Gary... problem is that Jack has taken onboard a bit of gary's modem operandus and is straight into the licenced theme thing... it all adds up to itchy feet in an uncertain market.
WE, as pinball enthusiasts know that unless some imagination kicks in, it will die unless when gary kicks the bucket, Jack ( who is considerably younger) picks up where he left off.. more licenced themes.. guaranteed return.
What both manufacturers are forgetting is that throughout its history, most of the biggest selling pins have been unlicenced themes... Firepower... Flash..BK etc.
it takes guts and imagination to come up with a winning unlicenced theme and thats what is lacking here.

OK.... so we ask ourselves whats made a pin a good seller without a licence?
Answer has always been whats current in the field of science and technology...its what hot in space etc. Plus monsters and space have always been a good seller.
Anti matter has just been proven to exist as has the God particle... what a fantastic theme for  a GREAT pin.. start from scratch.. build artwork and theme.. blackholes.. time warps... ANYTHING is possible with this.. it is the basis of creation!... you thought Black Hole was cool... check out God Particle... build DNA.. the interactive LCD screen builds a lifeform based on targets hit.. go wrong and all implodes and another type of lifeform begins. It could be incredible.
Would they do it? cors not... gamble is too big and licenced themes have a somewhat guarantee on return.

I often think that the VERY best selling pins are also the absolute demise of pinball because it dictated what would happen until it all petered out.. im naming TAF and TZ as the culprits