Author Topic: Rumor Kiss Pinball 2013 LCD  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rumor Kiss Pinball 2013 LCD
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Can't wait to get my Unmasked LE version.
First song choice will be Creatures of the Night.
SC.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 09:49:40 PM »
most of the titles mentioned are old peoples pins, scooby doo come on, this is exactly the sort of pin being made already. Boooring and again the problem, building pins for 40+ year olds not teens. no teenager at the arcade is going to play scooby doo, lol, build a pin you all hate and it will be popular with the younger, lol build a dark themed game not fun happy and base it on something more relevant to 2012. and the day stern build a machine actually for an arcade the better the future for pinball. as i said before Retro is cool atm and there is nothing more retro than pinball, if stern dont capitalize on that they are stupid
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:53:30 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

OK - Lets ask Stern to do a "hip" game that kids will play.

"Justin Beiber" would be an instant hit.. .. .. in the face. Kids will really afford the game and their parents will love them for it  ^&^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

OK - Lets ask Stern to do a "hip" game that kids will play.

"Justin Beiber" would be an instant hit.. .. .. in the face. Kids will really afford the game and their parents will love them for it  ^&^

hell no it wouldnt, beiber fans wouldnt play pinball lol, its those punk kids you target, thats who played pinball when you guys were kids.
build a pinball that kicks ass and isnt so gay and fairy like, a pinball on steriods that is dark,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
most of the titles mentioned are old peoples pins, scooby doo come on, this is exactly the sort of pin being made already. Boooring and again the problem, building pins for 40+ year olds not teens. no teenager at the arcade is going to play scooby doo, lol, build a pin you all hate and it will be popular with the younger, lol build a dark themed game not fun happy and base it on something more relevant to 2012. and the day stern build a machine actually for an arcade the better the future for pinball. as i said before Retro is cool atm and there is nothing more retro than pinball, if stern dont capitalize on that they are stupid

Arcades there a thing of the past!! most are built for home use now.

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
and your not getting kids to buy it, you are getting arcades to buy it because it will be actually be a money maker. isnt that how most of you guys got into pinball????
yer thats right they are built for home use now, boring titles build for old guys. lol.
they arent built for those suffering teenage angst lol, build a violent pinball

ps just debating passionately no offense intended lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:22:44 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
and your not getting kids to buy it, you are getting arcades to buy it because it will be actually be a money maker. isnt that how most of you guys got into pinball????
yer thats right they are built for home use now, boring titles build for old guys. lol.
they arent built for those suffering teenage angst lol,

You are absolutely right. Kids won't be interested, including teenagers. But the Bally 1978 KISS was released when most of us were early teens, it is part of our formative years before we discovered girls. So what are teenagers interested in - Certainly NOT hanging out at arcades. They have their faces buried in their mobile devices. Maybe if there was an "Apple Pinball" they might have an interest for 5 minutes.

Pinball themes HAVE to be movie or music related. The only way Stern can tap into the current trends is to align with a movie theme. But people get sick of them. So every few pins, it has to be a band pin. Those bands have to come from our teenage years - 1973 to 1980. Rolling Stones, KISS, Dolly Parton and Ted Nugent. All 70's icons. They failed with the Rolling Stones remake, won't go near Dolly Parton or Ted Nugent again. Logically, they should be looking at Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, KISS or Pink Floyd. Thats what we grew up with and we have the coin to pay for it. All "Hard Rock" titles, but I can't see an Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Spice Girls or Abba pin working.

Stern is all about making money. The titles and themes will be aimed at the home market, especially after the monstrous success of AC/DC. Logically, they can't go wrong with KISS. It will be a much bigger seller than AC/DC, and it will hurt the value of the Bally 1978 machine. Having said that, the KISS fans I've spoken to over the weekend would not hesitate to have a 1978 next to the 2013 version. The ONLY problem that Stern will have - Will they feature the original members, or the current line up in the artwork. This will be a bigger division than the AC/DC Angus head VS lower playfield.

Yes, I will be buying at least 3 2013 KISS machines.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
they arent built for those suffering teenage angst lol,

You are absolutely right. Kids won't be interested, including teenagers. But the Bally 1978 KISS was released when most of us were early teens, it is part of our formative years before we discovered girls. So what are teenagers interested in - Certainly NOT hanging out at arcades. They have their faces buried in their mobile devices. Maybe if there was an "Apple Pinball" they might have an interest for 5 minutes.

Pinball themes HAVE to be movie or music related. The only way Stern can tap into the current trends is to align with a movie theme. But people get sick of them. So every few pins, it has to be a band pin. Those bands have to come from our teenage years - 1973 to 1980. Rolling Stones, KISS, Dolly Parton and Ted Nugent. All 70's icons. They failed with the Rolling Stones remake, won't go near Dolly Parton or Ted Nugent again. Logically, they should be looking at Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, KISS or Pink Floyd. Thats what we grew up with and we have the coin to pay for it. All "Hard Rock" titles, but I can't see an Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Spice Girls or Abba pin working.

Stern is all about making money. The titles and themes will be aimed at the home market, especially after the monstrous success of AC/DC. Logically, they can't go wrong with KISS. It will be a much bigger seller than AC/DC, and it will hurt the value of the Bally 1978 machine. Having said that, the KISS fans I've spoken to over the weekend would not hesitate to have a 1978 next to the 2013 version. The ONLY problem that Stern will have - Will they feature the original members, or the current line up in the artwork. This will be a bigger division than the AC/DC Angus head VS lower playfield.

Yes, I will be buying at least 3 2013 KISS machines.

like said by a post before, member said that whilest they will sell these titles,
 it isnt really expanding pinball and pinball is being settup to die with stern.
i dont agree with kids buried on their phones, yes the younger are and the girls, but who pinball targeted when you guys were kids is the same they should target now,
they need to target pissed off kids who hate the world, those kids hang around shopping malls and takeaway shops and those sort of places, the same places teen hung around in every generations youth, lol
honestly nothing has changed, teens are still pissed off and board looking for things to do, give them an excuse to play pinball and they will.
make a dark violent pinball that venues feel is worthy of siting and pinball will be back.
make it interactive with their tech, have the thing networked so they can promote the pinball once they play it.
Follow the way playstation and xbox have done with networking.
make a machine like DK2000 on steriods, dk2000 would have to be a good example of a machine built for pissed off teens,
 It would have been a pretty dark sort of theme in its day, just step it up and actually make the machine violent.
you keep thinking about mainstream teenagers, not actual teenagers their parents dont see lol.
they aren't any difference to you guys when younger, Im dealing with teens all day every day and man they do the same shit i did.
Having this sort of machine would be suitable for pubs and clubs, so drunk 18-19 year olds would play it.  
They need to think about pinball through the eyes of a punk kid, very much in the way designers used to design pinball. thats what it looked like especially with the late 80s and early 90's sort of titles.  and i am pretty certain you guys would buy a dark themed pinball that was hardcore, probably bring back real memories of what it was like prior to thinking a prius was a fun car to own, lol
sorry had to throw prius in, lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:58:37 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 11:38:14 PM »
If we dont think there is a sited market anymore for teens and stern insist on band titles.
if they want to atleast break into a new generation and get them into homes.
then they could easily target people my age, around 30. cashed up to the max and recless with their money.
if they want to do that then the best band title i could think of is "Rage against the Machine" then you will see a title sell like nothing else to people outside of pinball.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »
Don't think today's kids are going to go out of there way to play arcades/pinball and provide a recurring business for the operator. If I was 14 years old today, I would steal whatever petty cash that mum & dad have lying around in the house, in order to buy a packet of cigarettes. Remember the rebel days of your youth and trying to pick up the girl in your year? &^&

Anyway, Stern will announce their next title in September, then the next in February 2013.
Start saving.

SC.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 12:26:55 AM »
KISS are on a world tour now and will arrive in Australia early next year can't wait so wouldn't it be nice to also have a KISS pinball this thing will way out sell AC/DC! having a few KISS mad friends who aren't really into pinball are excited about this title-two of them have a 1978 KISS machine and its never played its just part of the "KISS Collection" . KISS fans are crazy they will pay hundreds of dollars for vinyl records/t-shirts-stickers and so on.

Bring it on Stern ^^^

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
KISS are on a world tour now and will arrive in Australia early next year can't wait so wouldn't it be nice to also have a KISS pinball this thing will way out sell AC/DC! having a few KISS mad friends who aren't really into pinball are excited about this title-two of them have a 1978 KISS machine and its never played its just part of the "KISS Collection" . KISS fans are crazy they will pay hundreds of dollars for vinyl records/t-shirts-stickers and so on.

Bring it on Stern ^^^

Peter

well that is true, kiss fans will pay the money,many are avid collectors of Kiss merchandise
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:41:08 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
After playing soime games on my AC/DC Pro today (and absolutely loving every bit of this pinball machine and its song selector etc etc and its great tunes and the layout of the PRO playfield etc) IF Stern come out with a 2013 KISS pinball styled on the original (or close to original band members) and use the same format they did with the AC/DC Pro model etc, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Even if the layout of the playfield was identical to the PRO AC/DC playfield, it would be a winner. If a playfield design and layout works, does it matter if it is re-used again ?  it seems to be a waste if a playfield design works exceptionally well, and only gets used on one game.

Is anyone against using the same playfield design on another title if that design rocks n works really well. Why not.  !@#

Interested to hear from the experienced guys what u think ?  !@# !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
Loved Clay's response on his Pinball Ninja website, where he stipulated how Stern lack imagination from their 3 x designers and the pinnies they've churned out in recent years are pretty much the same.
SC.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
What is an experienced guy?

The Jimi Hendrix experience?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"