Author Topic: HAS the Shine worn off & dissapeared somewhat ? Re WOZ ?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:27:49 AM by The Stern Opinion »

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
What do tampons, baked beans, advertising and AC/DC album sales have anything to do with the post question?

Agree

woz is gay enough without adding adds, but that's enough from me 

Greg your already told us many,many,many times already.Is Hobbit going to be the next theme, you might as well start bagging that one as well before your played it or seen it. Just remember you only have about a year to bag it as shouldn't be as long in making as WOZ.

I leave my option till at least I played or seen one in the flesh first but I like what I see. ()
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Greg your already told us many,many,many times already.Is Hobbit going to be the next theme, you might as well start bagging that one as well before your played it or seen it. Just remember you only have about a year to bag it as shouldn't be as long in making as WOZ.

I wouldn't worry too much about this sort of trolling, the theme does polarise people, but most don't need to go on and on about it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
What do tampons, baked beans, advertising and AC/DC album sales have anything to do with the post question?

Agree

I leave my option till at least I played or seen one in the flesh first but I like what I see. ()

you wont find me bagging the hobbit, it's a great theme.
 %$%

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle

I wouldn't worry too much about this sort of trolling, the theme does polarise people, but most don't need to go on and on about it.

just talking shit with other pinheads, it what we do, doesnt amount to anything, doesnt stop the world spinning or WOZ coming to be lol We prob dont need so many threads on it though.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Brett, for a guy who sold his spot on the WoZLE line, you seem to have strong views on many aspects of this machine.

Do you regret selling?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Well advertising on machines has been around since at least the alpha numerical titles. The custom message is an option in setup. I know lots of D.E titles advertised other games in attract mode.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Did WOZ ever have a shine?
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Ads on pinball not what I'd want but new titles yes like Data east did.

Peter

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:

just talking shit with other pinheads, it what we do, doesnt amount to anything, doesnt stop the world spinning or WOZ coming to be lol We prob dont need so many threads on it though.

Talk shit in the general chat section, your comments add nothing constructive to this thread or various other ones.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Brett, for a guy who sold his spot on the WoZLE line, you seem to have strong views on many aspects of this machine.

Do you regret selling?

Firstly, we are all grown men here so everyone shld talk to each other as u would if we were sitting at a dinner table being respectful. Without that, the whole fun goes out the window. Its no ones falult, it just happens, but dont get personal and if u do or someone does, dont hold it for anymore than 2 minutes cause its a waste of a great forum full of great people... (EB n AMusements only arguing bit etc)

Moving on, Pete, I dont regret selling because I honestly never buy the absolute first release ever of anything in series 1 (like cars, bikes or jetskis etc)..until the bugs are ironed out, cause u get the updated version which can be better...not guarranteed, but most times likely...people also like buying the 2nd series etc, when it comes to resale..it shld apply to pinball and WOZ.
I bought my AC/DC n X Men Pros cause Stern has been using similar technology for ages n there was little risk in that for me so they werent classed as first editions or series 1's etc. I did also play both AC/DC and X Men Pro before handing over the cash. Love those titles.

I will definately buy a WOZ..it was only canned because I learnt that they std model had all the same gameplay n playfield, and I can recreate the emerald green metal work easy enough, and the topper will be a easy after market purchase.  Pinball for me has always been about giving any visitors alot of different choices to play, espescially games they have heard about but may not have ever played. Espescially the $2 grand to $4 grand games that people were told were no good, but turn out to be winners.

These posts/threads I do are simply for a bit of entertainment, educational value for anyone open minded enough to think they might learn or teach something to someone else, and it gets people to think about things. Whilst 90 percent of people didnt bother really answering the questions/thoughts about how pinnys should or shouldnt be advertised in the future (because being secretive like the industry always has been verssus doing it the opposite way altogether) could be a different edge to the future of pinball.

I like Stern and JJP equally, they both make pinball, and I am passionate about pinball. It wasnt long ago that I suffered long time chronic depression and pinball gave me a focus in life, something to enjoy n share with my thoughts versus feeling miserable most of the time, keeping busy and having goals helps the curse of people with bad depression. (first n last time i will mention this here on AP so dont worry anyone) but I do things to tick the brain over and get people to look at somethings from a different perspective...The forum just cant be about how to fix a light bulb because u could do that by just producing a guide to pinball fixing 101 and that doesnt include peoples personalities and the enjoyment that comes with it...or the different views n passion about opinions...The Woz machine has stirred up passion, something some would say has been missing in pinball for a while.
AC/DC, X Men and Avengers has probably bought it back as well, with or without JJP, who cares, but its back..Thats excellent news. I just love being positive, because being depressed really sux.lol

Pinball advertising in the future and the way it is marketed it going to be just as important and different to how JJP and Stern have gone about building their pinball machines...its going to be fun to watch and hopefully something that gives people different things to wonder about...

One thing about JJPs way of doing things is that people do send the factory and JJP/Jack constant feedback, and that can be a very good thing, or bloody anooying with too many cooks in the kitchen, whereas Stern gets little feedback during a machines design cause it releases little info at all, so again, different things to think about.

Any post or thread i write is not mandatory to read or even answer for that matter as u all know...so if I annoy you, simply move on to the next persons thread. If u think u might learn something or have a laugh once in a while have a read...its all just for discussion and anti-boredom reasons I try to contribute.lol  Maybe i will take a month off typing so i dont annoy all of you which is not what i have ever tried to do meaningly.lol

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:50:04 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:05:18 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
So I take it all orders went through Bumper? How did you go about selling your machine Brett and how did you find a buyer?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Has the shine gone off WOZ???

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Game didnt have any shine for me when i first heard about it and it was really just going to be another pinball manufacturer to sit alongside Stern... my interest was zilch.

Now i know what i know about the game, JJP set up etc, i couldnt be more excited about a pin im not going to get. I think its going to be a fantastic machine.. anyone who pulls out of the LE model will quickly have the game snapped up by others.. ive heard rumours of top $$$'s being offered for any pull outs.
The whole releasing info as you go along has shown us the JJP way of doing things without bombarding us with one hit. I for one am impressed and JJP may well get my hard earned for my first NIB.

I could hold out for a space themed pin to come out of JJP but it may never happen. But i do reckon that IF he does The HOBBIT then it will be done very well indeed and im quite sure that it will be a stand alone title and not seen as a follow on to  LOTR... had Stern done this title then yes.... its a sister game... but the JJP way i reckon it would outshine any previous similar titles.
I might even buy one .. who knows.

Im itching to play WOZ... all we need now is the game play.. its crucial to seal the deal. The game play may well outshine the theme.. wouldnt that be a trip!

All power to JJP, i love the bling.. the set up.. the fresh display.. the new approach. For the first time in nearly 20 years we see pinball moving forward. Theyve raised the bar for Stern and given great competition and with this comes innovation and the strive for the edge on the market... in the 50's GTB had the edge.. then 60's id give equal GTB and WMS.. 70's had to be GTB again then late 70's early 80's had to be BALLY etc... each time and with each new approach the emphasis would switch to another manufacturer... GTB lost it with sys1 but WMS and Bally rose to the challenge.
The competition between JJP and Stern should bring great games from both parties as each strive for the market... its the way it should be.

And bring it on i say!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
So I take it all orders went through Bumper? How did you go about selling your machine Brett and how did you find a buyer?
No, I signed on before bumper came on as the local distrubutor