Author Topic: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition  (Read 19186 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
Sounds like a different issue Jady but thanks for the update.   Keep feeding me any info you find in your travels as I've had no reply from stern yet

Called AMD today about mine and Bruce said there going right over all there's due to some issues so maybe call AMD Daniel just a thought?

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
Once again Stern quality control lives up to its reputation @.@

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »
 &^&
Bloody phone can someone link this

http://youtu.be/e73608FBmh0

That is pure wank factor and I love wank factor  #*# 
Can,t wait to see in the flesh as it looks real Purdy!  *%*
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »
Sparky looks damn awesome.

I am sure Stern will come up with a fix sooner rather than later. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »
I had a few games on an Le last night.  Apart from it kicking everyone's butt I found the overall package fantastic.  I love the artwork,  music and game play.  I would be interested what the die hard AC DC fans think of it as personally I think it wins!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:45 AM »
I had a few games on an Le last night.  Apart from it kicking everyone's butt I found the overall package fantastic.  I love the artwork,  music and game play.  I would be interested what the die hard AC DC fans think of it as personally I think it wins!

I agree Marty, on looks alone Metallica is light years ahead. I have never enjoyed the game play on AC/DC, but immediately appreciated Metallica.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
Once again Stern quality control lives up to its reputation @.@

For the pricetag you would expect better quality control and a very quick resolution. Stern have lifted their game quality standards due to the competition, but they are still plagued with QA issues.

This thread alone is an advertisement for Stern's latest game which some of their customer base will judge whether they buy or not. I'd really like to see Daniel's game fixed very quickly, and the QA issues sorted, because the game looks to be an absolute cracker.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
I agree.

Metallica appears to have 2 main physical issues - drop targets on all versions and the hammer on LE/ Premiums.

While the drop target issue is a simple fix for most games and not a big deal , the hammer is THE central toy of the more upmarket versions of this machine and something that appears to requires a 'company fix' rather than a home 'hope this will do it' fix and STERN needs to sort it ASAP. At this stage , if I were an LE buyer and awaiting my game I am in 2 minds if I would accept my game delivery before this particular issue got fully resolved, bearing in mind that the warranty will start ticking ( in aspects to all other area's of the game ) once possession is taken. I understand the hammer , being a known issue, would be repaired even after warranty runs out as it is a known issue , however you may have a somewhat unplayable game at home for a month or more until STERN resolve the hammer issue and then once the hammer is fixed find that your machine is very close to its end of warranty JUST when you start to be able to play it a lot  !@#

I hope this gets resolved for all LE owners very quickly as its a massive outlay and a 'bump' at the moment in an otherwise very decent game.

DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
AMD got my game last Tuesday and delivery is at this stage unknown as there fixing all known issues which I'm happy about to be honest :-)
I've heard the hammer issue is due to our voltage like the Europe games.

Peter

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
My personal dealings with AMD have been nothing short of excellent I have to say , so I am hopeful they will have this resolved before dispatching games  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »
My personal dealings with AMD have been nothing short of excellent I have to say , so I am hopeful they will have this resolved before dispatching games  ^^^

Yeah being this my first NIB I have been an annoying bastard to Bruce and he has been helpful and quick to reply everytime. Glad I ordered through AMD even though the suspense is killing me.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »
For me the AC/DC pro wins over the Metallica pro. Sure the artwork on Metallica is ahead, but for gameplay, audio and enjoyment the AC/DC still does it for me. I haven't played either of the LEs.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 02:50:54 PM »

Not a die hard fan of ACDC - however

I own the MET Pro - people already know that I like it a hell of a lot.
2 mates own ACDC PRo and I have played the game quite a lot.

2 vastly different games in gameplay.

I truly enjoy ACDC Pro and would ( will ) own one in my set up one day.
I think the music is intergrated much better into ACDC gameplay with the jukebox selections to be honest.
Sound quality is FAR superior in ACDC.
2 areas where ACDC is miles ahead IMO

DW Drums rule !

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »

Not a die hard fan of ACDC - however

I own the MET Pro - people already know that I like it a hell of a lot.
2 mates own ACDC PRo and I have played the game quite a lot.

2 vastly different games in gameplay.

I truly enjoy ACDC Pro and would ( will ) own one in my set up one day.
I think the music is intergrated much better into ACDC gameplay with the jukebox selections to be honest.
Sound quality is FAR superior in ACDC.
2 areas where ACDC is miles ahead IMO

I'm hoping to purchase a Metallica Pro later in the year (finances pending) and currently own an AC/DC Pro. Since owning it, it's been my favourite machine in my collection (was never a die-hard AC/DC fan either) and one of the best pinball machines I've ever played. I still get the same enjoyment out of it and never tired of it after the first month. The integration of full songs was great and I loved the fast gameplay. Some games were short and frustrating, while others were long and satisfying (yes, still talking about pinball here).

I haven't played any of the Metallica models yet, but letting it all sink in, the Metallica playfield artwork thrashes the AC/DC artwork. I also love the colourful graffiti style cabinet of Metallica Pro/Premium. Before it was released, I was imagining something all black with a lot of silver lettering and live shots of the band. This machine could be the AC/DC killer in my collection. Would I get rid of AC/DC though? Never. These machines will fit nicely with the Data East Guns n Roses. I'm looking forward to having my favourite Metallica tracks while I play a killer pinball machine.

Wow, sound quality is superior in AC/DC, Wotto? Cheaper speakers in Metallica?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »
Yeah the speakers in MET are fairly 'gutless' and there is very little 'low end' coming through.
Sad - but everything's fixable and improvable  ^^^
DW Drums rule !