Author Topic: hi Craig from Swan hill ,Victoria  (Read 2411 times)

Offline craig robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
hi Craig from Swan hill ,Victoria
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
I have just started collecting pins and love it.My first pin l got last year was a ACDC premium and its awesome.About a month ago l bought a Metallica LE and love it.Early last year l also put a deposit on a Wizard of Oz LE and paid it of about 5 months ago ,only finding out the problems with Bumper and Jersy jack . Just wondering if anyone is in the same position and what can l do.l sent an email to jack last week and he tells me Bumper haven't paid him.What to do?

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: hi Craig from Swan hill ,Victoria
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »
 $.$ and  %)%

Good to hear of some more country guys getting into the hobby.

I wish you the very best of luck with your WOZ machine.  There is an interesting thread on Pinside about this matter.  The guy was looking to put a list of everyone affected together to see what they can achieve as a collective group. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Addicted to pins.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »
 %)%

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
Hi , sorry to hear about your woz problems. Great pins Acdc and Metallica. Nice line-up. Welcome.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
Welcome to Aussie Pinball.

Best of luck with your WOZ, it does not look promising unless Jack does something over and above his obligations.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
 %)%

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »
I hope something is done ,l cant afford to throw away that sort of money.l guess l will know better next time.Being new to buying pinballs l didn't think this would happen. I have learned very quickly who to buy from and who not to.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 06:24:41 PM »
I hope something is done ,l cant afford to throw away that sort of money.l guess l will know better next time.Being new to buying pinballs l didn't think this would happen. I have learned very quickly who to buy from and who not to.

I don't think there is any one of us that wasn't burnt on their first machine purchase.  It is when they buy a machine with many many unspecified issues that they go looking for help and find forums such as this.  Very few, if any, could have predicted the cluster F$#@ that you WOZ buyers are dealing with now.  It looks like there is some sort of class action being put together to try to get some sort of resolution.
Addicted to pins.

Offline wiredoug

• Forum Posts:
  • Werribee Vic
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
The pinball market is a bit like a country town Craig

There are plenty of people that live near it and wander in and out but usually its the same ones you see every day and they are not all good..
Some are nice and friendly, some are smart and wise, some are dumb as nails, some are lowlifes with an agenda, some have long memories and grudges, some have short memories and no clue. Some are successful competent adults, some are useless morons who still live at home with their mums. Some are shonks who will rob you, some are decent guys who would gladly do anything for you.     Like anything involving humans .. it takes all types and contains traces of nuts.

SH is a small place .. we would know a few of the same people ;-)

Sorry to hear about your loss with bumper.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
I have just started collecting pins and love it.My first pin l got last year was a ACDC premium and its awesome.About a month ago l bought a Metallica LE and love it.Early last year l also put a deposit on a Wizard of Oz LE and paid it of about 5 months ago ,only finding out the problems with Bumper and Jersy jack . Just wondering if anyone is in the same position and what can l do.l sent an email to jack last week and he tells me Bumper haven't paid him.What to do?

Hi Craig,

Firstly I would strongly recommend documenting / keeping any correspondence with the current director(s) of the Australian Distributor as to what is happening with YOUR particular order
I would also collate all your invoices paid, receipts, which accounts monies paid into etc.  Also keep ALL original emails (I.P addresses may come into play down the track.  A forwarded copy will not suffice). 
A solicitors letter may be worth the expense sent via registered mail tothe Australian Distributor .  In the letter, I would be seeking such things as:
  • confirmation of dates of deposit paid
  • confirmation of followup payments for machine
  • copy of full invoice of your payment (inc Company name with ACN)
  • any written information about 'Trust Fund' where monies paid into (also referred to as a Customer Contract)
  • full details of account information monies paid into - inc account name, bank, branch etc
  • confirmation of delivery E.T.A of your particular machine (at time of payment)
  • current status of YOUR order (as your payment in full should be allocated to an exact machine serial number or LE number etc
  • current position of your payment (ie either in the Trust Account / Distributor Account / JJP)
  • details / confirmation of DIRECTORS, Managers and financial controllers at time of payment for your machine
  • refund if applicable under Victorian Consumer Law

Always best to have these things in writing and ensure in the solicitors letter directs a written response within 7 days. 
Unfortunately the internet is not the best source of information and certainly you have a lot of money at stake.

Best of luck in your situation.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »

$.$ Craig and  %)% to Aussie Pinball !

It is undoubtedly a messy situation that will need some sort of legal questioning at some stage. hopefully it will work out well for all concerned. It is a hard lesson that really should never have got to this point, but I'm glad you have found the forum for future reference !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 06:19:53 AM »
Thanks

Offline Toads