Author Topic: Bally/Williams Rights Change Hands  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bally/Williams Rights Change Hands
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »
Got it, sorta like...the wicked witch is dead.

... and they all lived happily ever after   %.% $#$ $#$

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:55 AM »
Got it, sorta like...the wicked witch is dead.

No, your're wrong there Mike - a witch can make magic.

Wayne can't make (medieval) madness - let alone magic...   #@#

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Very interesting interview with the new owners:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/williamsrights2.html

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
I especially like this bit......

Q) - How will Planetary Pinball Supply operate differently from the way The Pinball Factory operated?

A) - Since we don't feel like we need to squeeze every last dollar out of every transaction, we will be focused more on partnerships to bring parts to market more quickly and more efficiently
DW Drums rule !

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »

Q) - How will Planetary Pinball Supply operate differently from the way The Pinball Factory operated?

A) - Since we don't feel like we need to squeeze every last dollar out of every transaction, we will be focused more on partnerships to bring parts to market more quickly and more efficiently

Yeah - subtle as a sledgehammer that one...  ^^^
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »

Nice backhander on the way out  <.>

I think that seperating the Medievel Madness from the Bally Williams license is a good thing. ALREADY we are hearing about dialogue between IPB and the new owners.

It seems like a win/win for everyone as TPF can concentrate on the MM production and there won't be any distractions that can cause more delays. Planetary Pinball can work amicably with IPB to produce parts that both parties may own a patent to produce. The "splitting" of the patents caused friction and that WAS one of the reasons we didn't see a hugh volume of parts hit the market.

Happy Days !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »

Nice backhander on the way out  <.>

Um, yeah, evidently there was a feeling that TPF wasn't exactly too concerned about what was best for the hobby?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
This one from the official press release got me smiling..

Will be interesting to see exactly what comes of all this... A lot of WMS stuff out there is not sanctioned by WMS.. some they never even knew about. But the producers were mates of an old and "forgotten" licence holder so they never got harrassed.

Love the question on this one..

Q: Is PPS just another company to harass pinball people for making parts?

A: No, PPS is dedicated to bringing replacement parts to the market. But there are business realities. First of all, PPS is under obligation to notify WEG of copyright and trademark infringements discovered by PPS. Second, there is significant investment in any pinball parts business as well as significant financial risk relative to small run pinball parts, limited demand for parts, and complexity and time required to make parts.

PPS will actively support (as did Mr. Pinball Australia) the use of contract manufacturers to create licensed parts. If you have a product idea or capability which might benefit the pinball community please contact us and work with us to make the product available thru legitimate channels. We see this as a great way to get more parts into the marketplace, so we will continue and expand as appropriate.

In addition, there needs to be a chain for quality and safety for the parts. Often there are infringing parts which are sub-standard and this hurts the overall pinball hobby. With PPS, all parts are run through the approval process to insure the best part is able to reach the market.

Marty Machine

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »
.... ding dong, the witch is dead .....

Great news, now something will HAPPEN instead of hiding the rights+rules inside a filing cabinet !!

MM.