Author Topic: Addams Family  (Read 1395 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Addams Family
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
Six months ago i could have picked up two for $2500 each should have grabbed one then .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
there will be someone who has one for sale sooner or later. i will keep a look out for ya.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Thanks cavey

By the time you restore the machine it would probably be cheaper to purchase one already done , but i am looking forward to it every man needs a project in his garage preferably one in close proximity to the beer fridge.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
That's the problem, there were cheap TAF pin's out there untill they made the new playfield's   !*!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
Faza, what are u willing to pay for a addams family. ?

I understand you will put in the new playfield. You will then probably buy some new ramps, unless the old ramps come up a treat, given that anything placed on a brand new playfield will look crappy against the mint playfield, if it is not in real good nick.

I understand you will probably redecall the machine as well (I would). So u just need a addams which is complete, but it doesnt have to be in great condition so to speak, just as long as there is nothing really missing, that cant be repurchased.

How much will u pay up to for a addams ? 

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
Everything being worn out is not an issue - a game with a new playfield deserves freshly rebuilt everything. Anything in between is cutting corners.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »
I agree but the enjoyment is in doing it yourself and learning along the way.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
Everything being worn out is not an issue - a game with a new playfield deserves freshly rebuilt everything. Anything in between is cutting corners.

I agree, but sometimes a fully shopped machine in excellent condition can be more financially viable than spending 60 or 80 hours on another pin that has worn out everything and needs alot of money spent on it.
If Faza has your skills John (or skills close enough to tackle every single problem incl board repairs, and he can rebuild everything that has issues inhouse), then why not go ahead n do a full resto and playfield changeover.

Personally, i would love to se the addams family resto done by Fazza. I have tracked down a great addams fam, just need to get the price right now for him.  ^^^ ^^^

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 06:08:40 PM »

Let me know how you go with the Addams Caveman after reading all the restores on Aussie pinball i am really keen to give it a go myself and i know that if and when i get stuck with something the support on here is great .

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
I agree but the enjoyment is in doing it yourself and learning along the way.

There nothing better than attempting to do one yourself.Time and lots patient and if you do stuff something up,well plenty of people to help you out.You will be amazed at how much you do lean,and how much it will help you down the road with fixing other things.

If i expected to get my money back for my hours spent on them, the price would be ridicules.But for me ,it something i like doing and enjoy doing it.

One will come along for the right price,just got to be patient. *%*
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields