Author Topic: Swords of Fury - WANTED  (Read 1602 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Swords of Fury - WANTED
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
Damn, i missed Mark's "Swords of Fury" by that much....

So, i'm still looking for one, ANY condition!

Can anyone point me to another one hiding out there somewhere ???????

MM.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Swords of Fury - WANTED
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:51:44 PM »
Marty,

This is such an awesome pin! I owned a real nice one a few years ago....bought it for $200  *%*

Traded it off for another early 60s Gottlieb  ^^^

SOF looks awesome lit up in a dark room (and especially after a few  () of the green)

Marty Machine

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »
Yeh, i hear a lot of people really bag it, but i've played it most times i visited Marks.
It has a nice combination of challenges and variety which kept me interested long enough to want one  :lol

One day ....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:15:57 PM by Marty Machine »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »
Yes, I played it at Mark's too, and was seriously considering a bid given the price it looked to be heading into. Pretty cheap, but it's sure nice to know that some vendors actually let their auctions run as just that - real auctions! :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
What did it sell for?

Always thought the only thing that was missing - it doesn't have any bumpers!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:30 PM »
$2005 is what it went for - there have been a few good auction buys including this one from MarkC and Bumper over the last couple of weeks: Roadshow (MarkC) went for $2226.53, World Cup Soccer (Bumper) went for $2326.53. Looks like the same second highest bidder on both of those last two!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »

In these times - $2000 was the going rate. Maybe 13 months ago $2500 +

It is a rare game, and I was considering it at one stage - I rate it to be better than Black Knight.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »
Yeah, I reckon prices have dropped by around $500 on most machines since 6 months ago.

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
$2005 is what it went for - there have been a few good auction buys including this one from MarkC and Bumper over the last couple of weeks: Roadshow (MarkC) went for $2226.53, World Cup Soccer (Bumper) went for $2326.53. Looks like the same second highest bidder on both of those last two!

YEAH THAT WAS ME   !!!
DAMN BROWSER WOULDNT REFRESH BOTH TIMES  ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

very angry man

Both of em looked like pearlers
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

YEAH THAT WAS ME   !!!

very angry man

Um, you could put in a higher bid earlier - I had to go out last Wednesday night and I wanted an auction item that was finishing while I was out. Put in a price I could live with and no-one outbid me. There are certain dangers in leaving it to the last minute!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
No guys leave em to the last minute then when your computer stuffs up i get bargain machines $#$

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »

YEAH THAT WAS ME   !!!

very angry man

Um, you could put in a higher bid earlier - I had to go out last Wednesday night and I wanted an auction item that was finishing while I was out. Put in a price I could live with and no-one outbid me. There are certain dangers in leaving it to the last minute!

yeah i was at work though and the computer isnt that great, was used to my home comp bein quicker. my last bids that i missed were fairly healthy but you never know what the others guys bid was so still may have missed out + adding 300bux to each pinny sux.
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:18 PM »
No guys leave em to the last minute then when your computer stuffs up i get bargain machines $#$

no more $137.00  pins for U

i believe a member here missed the end of this too with a Pc problem .  it happens all the time

guys  I too  always  bid at the last minute   but how many  of us  have missed   the item because we are too slow  or the computer was slow
be honest   I would say all of us have lost at least one or ten items because of this .    you take the chance with bidding at the end   or just set a limit and bid to that   if you get it  great if not   there is always another markc pinball coming on at 1 cent start LOL

Marty Machine

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »
Can't wait for a 1cent swords of fury, coolio!   :lol

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »

no more $137.00  pins for U

i believe a member here missed the end of this too with a Pc problem .  it happens all the time

guys  I too  always  bid at the last minute   but how many  of us  have missed   the item because we are too slow  or the computer was slow
be honest   I would say all of us have lost at least one or ten items because of this .    you take the chance with bidding at the end   or just set a limit and bid to that   if you get it  great if not   there is always another markc pinball coming on at 1 cent start LOL

At least the Junkyard has already hit $2350 with just under 4 days to go.