Author Topic: pinball machine kits by a sydney guy that you assemble / build  (Read 20182 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
these were my thoughts, what are yours

"Hi pinballkits

I think the idea is neat and has some potential.

Like others I would like to see a kit and then could decide from there - but for me I have always wanted to one design and build my own pinball from the ground up.

As others have said glass is important but I have a concern about being electrocuted, more so kids. If us guys have this concept on a table and it has sides to achieve the playfield elevation and support glass it's a classic "where do you start and where do you stop" meaning do you have a base to then stop little hands reaching up while you are playing and getting zapped and starts to get bigger and heavier.

I might be wrong and don't want to tell you how to do it but maybe this could be a option that might gel with people and be cheaper to freight.

The Pinball Kits Team - supplies:
- a playfield with art
- all wiring to play a game on the playfield
- all the parts to assemble the playfield to the point of playing
- 1 controller system
- 1 display for scoring with the design capable of adding 1-3 more scores displays for multiply players for me 2 person player would be good.

then instead of the bench style frame or a pinball cabinet you supply plans for both those options and it is up to the owner to design which one to build. This allows people to achieve the pinball look but with the challenging stuff done - wiring, rules and design. This allows everyone to build a table top cabinet like your intention for the playfield or the full blown cabinet with glass, legs and back box and with your cabinet plans the thinking is done but allows everyone to really build their own pinball.

Then when you bring out other playfields people can get a second kit cheaper as they wouldn't need the displays or control system as simply lift out the playfield and drop in the next one - you just need to keep things consistent.

I think this idea is great and has potential but not a fan of the bench top but would grab a kit that I can assemble and then I build my own cabinet to house the playfield, displays etc"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:14:17 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts