Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Bally Embryon High End Restoration #1

<< < (2/9) > >>

ddstoys:

--- Quote from: Strangeways on September 29, 2016, 10:03:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: ddstoys on September 29, 2016, 04:36:02 AM ---Nice venting wonder what was going on there lol. Looking forward to seeing these beauties finished

--- End quote ---

It appears to have been a transformer. The mounting holes and the shadow of filth and overheating on the side of the cabinet were a dead giveaway. That's why I didn't bother powering it up. Maybe it was used to power the GTB flipper mech  :D

--- End quote ---

I've had a few like that with the Gottlieb flipper mechs and a seperate massive transformer to run the hahaha

Boots:

--- Quote from: ddstoys on September 29, 2016, 08:54:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Strangeways on September 29, 2016, 10:03:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: ddstoys on September 29, 2016, 04:36:02 AM ---Nice venting wonder what was going on there lol. Looking forward to seeing these beauties finished

--- End quote ---

It appears to have been a transformer. The mounting holes and the shadow of filth and overheating on the side of the cabinet were a dead giveaway. That's why I didn't bother powering it up. Maybe it was used to power the GTB flipper mech  :D

--- End quote ---

I've had a few like that with the Gottlieb flipper mechs and a seperate massive transformer to run the hahaha

--- End quote ---

My latest pickup has just that gottlieb flipper mechs in a Williams machine

Crashramp:
Great stuff Nino, I've been looking forward to your resto thread on one of these since I heard about the playfield restorations. Such a beautiful looking game.

ralph67:
Those playfields look amazing, nice work on restoring them 
With the 2 colour variations,
 I prefer the one on the right with the light brown tones on the sides of playfield , and the Insert lettering looks a lot clearer .
 How many are you rebuilding?
Oh and i agree some of the Bally mechs are a little bit crappy , el cheapo , The Gottlieb stuff almost never breaks, i suppose thats why they got reused all the time..
keep up the great work ..

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: oldskool1969 on September 29, 2016, 08:33:00 PM ---Might one of these be for me ol mate over here in WA? I really want to play one of these beasts one day  ^^^

--- End quote ---

This particular game is for a collector in NSW. The other one is my personal Embryon. I was going to do them concurrently, but I won't have the time to do mine.

The other two playfields were provided by customers who wanted their playfields restored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version