Author Topic: ?? All VERY Quiet on the Western Front !  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Ant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: ?? All VERY Quiet on the Western Front !
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
I'm slowly buying pins  %.% . The problem that I seem to be having (apart from the $$ of pins) is finding collectors who want to sell them.

I look at some dealers websites and they say "In good condition"  their idea of good condition might not be the same as mine.  Then if they are in another state it is a big risk to spend money on something you haven't even looked at.

The other thing why I don't buy as many pins, is I don't want to annoy the likes of Nino @ APR (who does a great job on the pins) and the other guys on here with "do you have this pin or that pin and how much" because my list is long and now my wife has given me her list of pins.  %.%

It might just be me but I don't like being a pest to anyone.

Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »
He - I hear ya! One seller described a pre-loved game to me using a word equivalent to "mint", saying he'd given it a full "rebuild". I asked for photos & starting with the cab it not only had visible scuffs, scrapes & full-on dents but I could see:

1. where someone had sprayed the cabinet bolt-heads & unfortunately over-sprayed onto the cabinet (background was black but the round circle of touch-up was clearly visible);
2. behind the glossy black back-box hinges was the same black paint over-sprayed onto the stainless side-rail.

Yep, that bolt-head & hinge were indeed "mint"  *.*  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:58:06 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »

It might just be me but I don't like being a pest to anyone.

Customers with cash to spend are never a pest

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 07:02:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with trying to get in early. To be fair you didnt respond at all.
All good bro.

dislike,

poor form, 2 days in a row of stirling things up.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »
The new XR8 is a nice car shame it's a Ford lol

^^^ && %.%

if rumors are correct the VF series 2 will have the HSV 340kw engine VERY NICE.

Love my Lowndesy Redline and it is more than enough power for me.........but man it would have been nice if it came with that!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
I ran out of space and ran into family law court. Lol

But when the dust settles I might have to introduce some new Stern titles to the mix like Mustang Pro and Star Trek Pro and Walking Dead Pro etc. But nothing official to later on....

No room but I just will find a bigger place. Want a bar and a steak grill surrounded by pins and booze and jukebox and large LCD screens playing car racing or MMA and just crazy mens channels of crazy bastards having fun.
Let's call it a private members only Pinny bar hangout etc and maybe a pool table out the back of a commercial building all dressed up inside but nothing at all from the outside.... Could be the go.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »
I ran out of space and ran into family law court. Lol

But when the dust settles I might have to introduce some new Stern titles to the mix like Mustang Pro and Star Trek Pro and Walking Dead Pro etc. But nothing official to later on....

No room but I just will find a bigger place. Want a bar and a steak grill surrounded by pins and booze and jukebox and large LCD screens playing car racing or MMA and just crazy mens channels of crazy bastards having fun.
Let's call it a private members only Pinny bar hangout etc and maybe a pool table out the back of a commercial building all dressed up inside but nothing at all from the outside.... Could be the go.
like +1
sounds like how my place was.but not enough crazy men out here in the desert.watch out for your very consevative council.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you